ADVERTISEMENT

MAC attendance

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
saw this in my social media circles.

Home attendance through mid-season (10/8/16)

(all 3 game averages unless noted)

WMU-22,992
OHIO-22,812
CMU-21,648 (4 GAMES)
TOLEDO-21,409 (2 GAMES)
MIAMI-19,801
BUFFALO-19,469
EMU-17,548
BGSU-17,028
KENT ST-15,991
NIU-15,005 (2 GAMES)
AKRON-12,512
BALL ST-9,075 (2 GAMES)

Does anyone have the numbers for C-USA? Remember those numbers will go down as we are about to enter the cold rainy season in the midwest.

Last edited:
We were leading at 30K but UL inflated that.
I think USM and UTEP were 2 and 3 with 28K and 27K respectively. The rest were just like the MAC teams listed.

The lowly MAC has a decades long history of live gate fakery, ranging from simply lying about it to giving away tickets it knows will not be used, to having its few supporters accept 1000s of tickets in return for buying an ad or something, and simply shredding these.

Just get a TV and count the seas of empties. No thinking person believes any of these numbers.

Reactions: ohio herd
The lowly MAC has a decades long history of live gate fakery, ranging from simply lying about it to giving away tickets it knows will not be used, to having its few supporters accept 1000s of tickets in return for buying an ad or something, and simply shredding these.

Just get a TV and count the seas of empties. No thinking person believes any of these numbers.

And with all this jibberish said it's still a better league top to bottom than CUSA

Yep, proof is in the pudding, there is no comparison on which league is better right now.......its not CUSA. Last season we were better all around than them was 2013...........

Yehh, we are in a real league: CUSA.

All you need to know about the lowly MAC is this:

- It was nothing. A random collection of over-grown rust belt state colleges playing pointless gams outside of the media's spotlight, all leading to, ONLY the champion playing a so-called bowl game, weeks before all the others, for one-fifth the $$, at Fresno State, the perenial champion of the equally pointless Big West.

- We came in. We D O M I N A T E D it. And still, it was so lowly that ONLY the champion went to a ginned up bowl game played north of Canada in a now-abandoned NFL stadium, before 60K empty seats.

- We moved UP. The lowly MAC returned to its lowly ways.

Now, since then, the world has changed. Now there are 4 ESPNs and 7 ESPN wanna-bes, so every game is on TV of some type. And the lowly MAC is grandfathered into a contract that will eventually expire to play on random weeknights. And 6-6 = bowl, as ESPN has ginned up more bowls than there are teams to play in them. And the world of major college football go shook up due to the realignment caused by the colapse of the original Big 12. The lowly MAC stood pat, as always. Happy to be the sort-of I-A but not really nothing it always has been.

And?

And we are having a bad year, and probably will certainly have another next year.

And?

And, nothing. The only thing certain is change. Eventually the contract runs out and the TV money dries up. ESPN decides to show poker reruns insted of ginned up bowl games.

Do not confuse our bad couple of years, or the mistakes made in over-expanding CUSA, with the lowly MAC being anything. It is not.

Last season we were better all around than them was 2013...........

that's debatable...

per Sagarin's final 2013 rankings:

CUSA West - 60.49
MAC West - 58.22
CUSA East - 57.13
MAC East - 56.11

for comparison, the top G5 was the AAC with a 65.15...

Frankly, we have no room to belittle another program or league. We take any kid with a pulse hoping he will be the next stud and play in a league that is pretty bad. So much so, a good HS team could beat our perennial bottom feeders. And with our recent issues in 2016, I don't look for fortunes to turn unless some drastic staff changes are made and player personnel upgraded.

Exactly, SamC. Remember the last time the Herd played at Miami? Crowd was reported at something under 15,000, and people swore that Herd fans made up about a third of that figure. Now you are telling me after several losing seasons in a row where they have been/are essentially the MAC East doormat, that they are getting around 20,000 a game to travel down that cow path in and out of Oxford? I call total BS!!!!

Another figure- - -Akron averaging about 12,000 a game. Wow!! They sure got a bump in fan support/interest from that butt reaming they gave the Herd at the Joan, didn't they???

"Attendance Causing Concern"
-Niner Times

download.jpg
24_ADCAB599834_DDF9_D7_C0134_BDD305_BE_1.jpg
download_1.jpg

"Attendance on the Decline"
-NTDaily

download_2.jpg
download_3.jpg
i

i can do this for all but about 4 teams in CUSA. the last thing we need to do is call out another conference on their attendance...

i can do this for all but about 4 teams in CUSA. the last thing we need to do is call out another conference on their attendance...

Not calling out their attendance. Calling out their LYING about their attendance.

CUSA has some schools that have good fan bases and sell tickets are reasonable rates and have good booster clubs. And CUSA has some schools in the fastest growing states which are so huge that they can fund athletics out of student fees and state $$, no mater the gate. And, since you are quoting the schools own links, are HONEST about their gates.

The lowly MAC is, pretty much 100%, schools in rust belt states which in the past have been allowed by their once wealthy states to fund athletics out of student fees and state $$, but which growing voices in their states and student bodies (and the idiotic idea of paying the players) are now saying NO MORE. And these school LIE about their gate.

1 Marshall 30,446 91,338 3
2 Southern Miss 28,580 85,739 3
3 UTEP 26,796 107,182 4
4 Rice 23,920 47,839 2
5 UTSA 23,744 71,233 3
6 Old Dominion 20,118 60,354 3
7 Western Kentucky 20,097 60,291 3
8 Middle Tennessee 20,036 40,072 2
9 North Texas 19,569 78,276 4
10 Louisiana Tech 18,996 56,989 3
11 FIU 17,750 70,998 4
12 Charlotte 14,492 43,476 3