ADVERTISEMENT

Married my best friend.

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Whoever came up with this saying? I married my best friend.

Well, did you marry Bill, Larry, Hal, or Butch? Your best fishing buddy? Guy you play golf with or watch the ball game with? The kid you grew up with?

Wouldn't that make you gay?

Or, did you marry your wife? The woman you love.

I married my best friend, Hank. We've known each other for years. He has a bass boat and a four wheeler. We drink beers together and watch our favorite team win and lose. We have shed tears over those ball games. We cried when our best rabbit dog died.

I don't get all these new corny sissy sayings anymore. I never heard the old man or grandpa say they married their best friend. They were not sissies. Their best friends were guys they worked at the plant with or went hunting with. They didn't marry them. You married your wife. You went to a ballgame with your best friend. You didn't marry him.

Originally posted by GK4Herd:
You're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Hey, somebody has to bring up the dirty stuff.
wink.r191677.gif
That is what sells tickets and keeps everyone coming back.

Originally posted by i am herdman:

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Hey, somebody has to bring up the dirty stuff.
wink.r191677.gif
That is what sells tickets and keeps everyone coming back.
You and Walden have some great rants. This ain't one of them.
smile.r191677.gif
Why not?

Because it's much ado about nothing. Just as much of a rant could be justified against a person who finds such trivial things to gripe about. What's more "sissy"...someone who repeats an extremely benign adage or a person who is so bothered by it that they work up a rant on a message board?

Just sayin'. (Hopefully the use of this youthful colloquialism doesn't inspire another rant. I mean...I said it with my pants pulled up and all.)

wink.r191677.gif

I agree "i am herdman".........however you didn't marry your wife....you married
a woman who became your wife when you got married.....
~
~

Married my best friend and saying your wife is beautiful when she's ugly is all part of America's bullshitting culture. Everything is based on stupid sugary lies. I hate it. That's how work is. That's how dealing with people is. They all want sugar coated lies and I refuse to give them.

Since the old man softened up, a 69 year old on blood pressure medicine, I now know of nobody who always tells it like it is. Well, Marty Brennaman. And all the Reds fans you read on the internet want him to retire. Once he hangs it up, Reds radio broadcasts won't ever be worth a shit.

Originally posted by Walden Pond:
Married my best friend and saying your wife is beautiful when she's ugly is all part of America's bullshitting culture. Everything is based on stupid sugary lies. I hate it. That's how work is. That's how dealing with people is. They all want sugar coated lies and I refuse to give them.

Since the old man softened up, a 69 year old on blood pressure medicine, I now know of nobody who always tells it like it is. Well, Marty Brennaman. And all the Reds fans you read on the internet want him to retire. Once he hangs it up, Reds radio broadcasts won't ever be worth a shit.
Marty is the man. His son is the same way but not as blunt as Marty but he doesn't care to speak his mind and I like that. Unlike Chris Welsh (I do like Welsh) but he always tries to make up excuses or sugarcoat shit. If the team sucks, they should be called out for who they are. Marty doesn't care to do that and I love that. Thom is the same way but not to the same degree.

Besides Cueto, Marty is the best thing about the current Reds.

Well, we're not married (yet), but my woman is my best friend. Without a doubt. We're like Bonnie and Clyde. Partners in crime. She's got a sense of humor as perverse and wrong as mine is. Cusses like a sailor. Loves bourbon.

Accepts me, flaws and all. She knows more about me than anyone ever has. Good and bad.

I've never met a woman like her. She's the one. Only took us 40 years to find each other. We tend to prefer each other's company to the company of others. That said, we're still pretty socially active.

Hell, yeah. She's my BFF. It's just that my BFF is hot (to me, at least), with an appetite for good times right up there with mine. And, Arch, your best friend is some guy named Chet. Or whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT