ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall #43 in USA Today 1-130 rankings

RhinoD

Gold Buffalo
Mar 7, 2007
Actually seems about right... We jumped 11 spots by beating La. Tech. They dropped 12 spots to 37 by losing to us.

Here are the CUSA rankings –
The respectable
37. La. Tech
43. Marshall
45. Southern Miss
51. Florida Atlantic

The meh, whatever
62. UAB
67. Western Kentucky

The bad
90. Charlotte
99. FIU

And the horrendous (6 of the bottom 25 teams in America)
105. North Texas
113. UTSA
114. Middle Tennessee
122. Rice
123. Old Dominion
126. UTEP

this seems about right. If we win out I think we end up around 30. The horrible loss to MTSU and being manhandled by UC will keep us out of the Top 25 even with an 11-3 record IMO.

Not me the Cincinnati debacle just makes me sick. The MTSU game was a Cincinnati hangover. It sucked that we lost but we always have a goofy conference game that we play way below expectations and lose to an inferior opponent. These things happen. But to have Cincinnati come in and have their starters out by the 3rd quarter because they are just destroying us on our own field is inexcusable and has left a bad taste in my mouth for the whole season.

I'm really glad we have picked it up and are in great shape to win the conference but that game ruined what could have been a great season especially after the way we played at Boise. So if we win out in my eyes it will be a good season but not great.

Reactions: HerdFan73
If we would have won at Boise (which was winnable game), not choked at MTSU. We would be in the Top 25 as we speak. Probably 23>, but still there.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Not me the Cincinnati debacle just makes me sick. The MTSU game was a Cincinnati hangover. It sucked that we lost but we always have a goofy conference game that we play way below expectations and lose to an inferior opponent. These things happen. But to have Cincinnati come in and have their starters out by the 3rd quarter because they are just destroying us on our own field is inexcusable and has left a bad taste in my mouth for the whole season.

I'm really glad we have picked it up and are in great shape to win the conference but that game ruined what could have been a great season especially after the way we played at Boise. So if we win out in my eyes it will be a good season but not great.

Yeah we’d have to win out including conf champ and bowl game to come close to erasing that one for me. That’s how bad that game was.

The worst part we didn’t even turn the ball over. I’ve seen debacles where you turn the bank over 5-6 times and it just gets out of hand. But we didn’t even have a turn over. That was just as genuine an ass whipping start to finish as I’ve EVER seen us take. They made us look like a middle of the road Southern Conference warm up. On our home field in front of the 13th largest crowd we ever had. In as electric an atmosphere from tailgating to kickoff as we’ve had in a longtime.

As you can see I’m still bent out of shape over it. It might go up there with that WVU game as one of the ones I’ll never forgive.

I think LA Tech was around 28th or 29th in the 2 major polls before we beat them. We win out the regular season and then win the league championship game we should, hopefully, end up with a similar ranking.

I think LA Tech was around 28th or 29th in the 2 major polls before we beat them. We win out the regular season and then win the league championship game we should, hopefully, end up with a similar ranking.

That's what it looks like... Of course it depends on who ahead of us loses in the next 3 weeks as well... If Marshall wins its next two, we should be in the 33-35 range going into the CUSA championship. A win there and a bowl win, and we might sneak up to the top 25 bubble in the end of year poll (most likely in the 24-28 range).

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT