ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall 9/2 to win C-USA according to SuperBookUSA

Does UAB still get special treatment in terms of recruiting, same they did when the program was resurrected?

Don't think that they are allowed to offer and take in more scholarship players in any one recruiting year than any other CUSA school like they were allowed to do in the first year that their program resumed. Also, pretty sure they are under the same total # of scholarships, 85, as every other FBS school.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Don't think that they are allowed to offer and take in more scholarship players in any one recruiting year than any other CUSA school like they were allowed to do in the first year that their program resumed. Also, pretty sure they are under the same total # of scholarships, 85, as every other FBS school.

I believe you are correct. That was, to my understanding, a one time deal. The simply have an exciting, good coach with some very fertile recruiting area. I saw him speak to fans at the Herd-UAB basketball game last year. He was VERY impressive

I believe you are correct. That was, to my understanding, a one time deal. The simply have an exciting, good coach with some very fertile recruiting area. I saw him speak to fans at the Herd-UAB basketball game last year. He was VERY impressive

Always been a Clark fan. Obviously he is very loyal to UAB and his kids.

Reactions: Herdmeister

Agree on Clark... And also on the recruiting area. If they just recruit Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and the northern part of Florida they are going to find some darn good athletes. Even after Bama, Auburn, Georgia, etc snap up the best of the best.

Reactions: Herdmeister
Agree on Clark... And also on the recruiting area. If they just recruit Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and the northern part of Florida they are going to find some darn good athletes. Even after Bama, Auburn, Georgia, etc snap up the best of the best.
Nice to have a natural recruiting base chalked full of Division I talent...but as a Marshall fan I can only speculate about that!

ADVERTISEMENT