ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall alum in college coaching ranks

Played for the Cardinals I belive, I seem to remember an incredible catch that knocked the Packers out of the playoffs in the last game of a season. I could be wrong though, getting old myself!
It was the Vikings... One of the great soundbites in NFL history, the Vikings radio guys losing their shit at the end of the play. Josh McKown with a 30-yard TD to Poole with 0:00 on the clock, 4th and 24.

That catch started conversation about the NFL "force out" rule, which was changed a few years later... Poole only got one foot down, but the back judge ruled he was forced out of bounds by the safety. Today, it would have been incomplete and the Vikings would have won the game.

Made some GREAT catches for MU ! Played some pro ball too, can't remember with whom.
Nate Poole
North Carolina A&T Aggies
Personal information
Position:Wide receivers coach
Born:February 1, 1977 (age 45)
Danville, Virginia
Height:6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight:204 lb (93 kg)

High school:George Washington
(Danville, Virginia)
College:Marshall
Undrafted:2001

As a coach:

Career NFL statistics
Receptions:34
Receiving yards:418
Receiving touchdowns:2

"Poole is best known for his game-winning touchdown that eliminated the Minnesota Vikings from playoff contention in 2003."

It was the Vikings... One of the great soundbites in NFL history, the Vikings radio guys losing their shit at the end of the play. Josh McKown with a 30-yard TD to Poole with 0:00 on the clock, 4th and 24.

That catch started conversation about the NFL "force out" rule, which was changed a few years later... Poole only got one foot down, but the back judge ruled he was forced out of bounds by the safety. Today, it would have been incomplete and the Vikings would have won the game.
Yes, it's starting to come back!

Played for the Cardinals I belive, I seem to remember an incredible catch that knocked the Packers out of the playoffs in the last game of a season. I could be wrong though, getting old myself!
That's right. I forgot about that catch. It was a great play.

Reactions: HERD_Rich

I also remember whichever team that benefited from this gave him and his family sweet tickets to a big game afterwards, maybe the Superbowl?

Last edited:
Reactions: RhinoD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT