ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall hate

MUCO68

Silver Buffalo
Jan 27, 2011
UCF hates us as much as we hate them. Check their board. And a TON of insults (to Marshall, Huntington, and WV) on their board. They feel disrespected to get this bowl bid. I hope they show up taking us for granted.

They probably could share a beer with App State, whose fans think they were 1 loss away from the Cotton Bowl, and now face UAB in 'Nawlins…...

UCF hates us as much as we hate them. Check their board. And a TON of insults (to Marshall, Huntington, and WV) on their board. They feel disrespected to get this bowl bid. I hope they show up taking us for granted.

Not really hate.....when you go to consecutive NY6 Bowls as the highest ranked G5 team in the nation and successfully compete with top ten teams you get a little spoiled...........hoping for a competitive and exciting game

Not really hate.....when you go to consecutive NY6 Bowls as the highest ranked G5 team in the nation and successfully compete with top ten teams you get a little spoiled...........hoping for a competitive and exciting game
OMG - pity. Much worse than hate!! NOW you’ve done it!!! :mad:

Ya we have a couple of guys like that see Herdmeister and Herdorbust. One NCAA Tournament appearance and according to them we are in the Final Four.

You can can laugh all you want but it is officially listed in the NCAA record book......... feel free to look it up for your self......

q4EYeU.png

Odds are you wont be laughing too much after the bowl game........

Ya we have a couple of guys like that see Herdmeister and Herdorbust. One NCAA Tournament appearance and according to them we are in the Final Four.
You sir or madam, have no idea what you are talking about. I have in no way EVER indicated that we are final 4 or Sweet 16 material. I enjoy college basketball and more specific Marshall basketball. I go to practice and tell those who can't be there what happened. That is is PERIOD. If you don't want to read what I write then block me or don't stop on the thread. I have been told by others they appreciate getting information from practice or from talking to Danny.

I have been told by others they appreciate getting information from practice or from talking to Danny.

First let me correct you it's Sir. I think that's part of the problem. When does a person decide it maybe time to stay away from practice for awhile. This team is 2-6 with only two wins 0-8 Howard, 3-8 Robert Morris. When is it time to stop going and see what happens. Maybe, when we are 2-7 with a loss to Bluefield State? What do you get out of going to a NCAA Teams practice if your not in the media, or part of the program? Are you part of the program? Are you in Media Relations? Does MU hire you to go to practice and relay information? Who else goes to practice? Opposing coaches walk in and see what we are working on? So many question, very little answers except a 2-6 record.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I don't disrespect UCF and their claim to a national championship. Our 13-0 team with Chad Pennington, Doug Chapman & Co. would have been rated in the Top 5 -- instead of 10th -- if not for that BCS bullshit.

I
First let me correct you it's Sir. I think that's part of the problem. When does a person decide it maybe time to stay away from practice for awhile. This team is 2-6 with only two wins 0-8 Howard, 3-8 Robert Morris. When is it time to stop going and see what happens. Maybe, when we are 2-7 with a loss to Bluefield State? What do you get out of going to a NCAA Teams practice if your not in the media, or part of the program? Are you part of the program? Are you in Media Relations? Does MU hire you to go to practice and relay information? Who else goes to practice? Opposing coaches walk in and see what we are working on? So many question, very little answers except a 2-6 record.
love the program and love the kids. In fact I had them all for dinner in Sept and we all had a great time.
I will choose to spend my time doing what I want to do. I hope I have your permission.
Actually there are about 20 regulars at practice everyday. More on some days and lees others.
As for opposing coaches being there, Danny has said many times he could care lees if others are there. As you know, we run a free flow offense and nobody, not even Danny, know what we will end up running when we cross midcourt. It is all predicated on the defense is at any given time.

Sam's brother, I presume.

Reactions: herdfan93
I

love the program and love the kids. In fact I had them all for dinner in Sept and we all had a great time.
I will choose to spend my time doing what I want to do. I hope I have your permission.
Actually there are about 20 regulars at practice everyday. More on some days and lees others.
As for opposing coaches being there, Danny has said many times he could care lees if others are there. As you know, we run a free flow offense and nobody, not even Danny, know what we will end up running when we cross midcourt. It is all predicated on the defense is at any given time.
When I was in school I would often walk over to Gullickson to watch practice. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Herdmeister

this has to be one of the most asinine posts of the Dan era. The Big Brotherness of it, the stupidity of the assertions and the final coup de grace - The Real Sam C seal of approval !! I do have a ? for you, johns: Are you real, or a bot? Concerned MU fan wants to know.....

And btw - gasp! The final comment about the offense being predicated on the defense? Sounds an awful lot like MU football strategy, no?

Sam's brother, I presume.

I don’t have a brother.

There is nothing wrong, in and of itself, with practice reports. Look at any message board, particularly those for teams with spread out fan bases, and it is standard fare.

The problem is, when you look at this crew practice and see anything other than a bunch of no talents that do not belong at this level, being sold slogans and truisms (we want it more, give 110%, etc.) you simply are viewing the operation with green colored glasses such that it renders it pointless. It is like reading a movie reviewer who likes every movie he sees. No value to it. No point.

Which is why there is such a dichotomy between these practice reports and the accurate expectation of the coaches’ poll and every pre-season guide.

And the results.

I

You don't need my permission. It's not a crack on you, don't take it personal. I'm questioning the coaches judgement keeping practice open for this long, especially with a dismal record. Really "Danny" could care less that an opposing coach attends? Probably, that's because according to what I see practice is one giant pick-up game, slam-dunk contest. Sort of what you see at any park throughout this country, and the team plays like it too. Free-Flow offense = Freelance, in this case with no organization. Predicated on Def., possibly; but that's hard to attain when you are getting out rebounded on both sides of the ball every game. Defeats the whole purpose.

And btw - gasp! The final comment about the offense being predicated on the defense? Sounds an awful lot like MU football strategy, no?

I never said that go back and re-read who did.

Reactions: The Real SamC
meister i acknowledge your support of the Herd basketball program and support your willingness to give your time and finances. Commendable. You made one comment in your post stating “no one knows, not even Danny, what happens when we cross the mid-court line.” Really? I mean seriously. If that’s the case then the Herd has major problems. Meister do you think for a minute that the good coaches - Izzo, Calipari, Krzyzewsky, or even John Wooden (Rest his soul) would not know what there team is going to do when they cross mid-court. If Dan doesn’t know then what does that really say? Do what you want and if I like it keep doing it! What kind of coach doesn’t care about what the team does when they cross mid-court? Interesting.

Reactions: johns1124
This is crazy stuff, if you don't want to read meister's stuff, just don't. If he wants to tout the DD line and promote the program, more power to him.

People are crying for the same connectivity to Doc, yet blasting it here. We sure have become an eclectic group of fans.

When did ColleyMatrix become the NCAA Record book?

I was thinking the same thing. Much like using the Sagarin Ratings a system which is full of holes.

I suggested to look it up in the NCAA record book but I will make it simple with a roadmap...........

found on Page 115 NCAA Football Records on the NCCA website

WgdSn1.png

If you still don't believe me check for yourself............

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/2018/FBS.pdf

I suggested to look it up in the NCAA record book but I will make it simple with a roadmap...........

found on Page 115 NCAA Football Records on the NCCA website

WgdSn1.png

If you still don't believe me check for yourself............

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/2018/FBS.pdf

No doubt you guys have been a legit program for a while now, but you gotta admit the way all the mainstream media and sports networks handled this, they made you guys out to look foolish, throwing your own celebrations for winning what they reported as a "self-proclaimed" National Championship.

but you gotta admit the way all the mainstream media and sports networks handled this, they made you guys out to look foolish, throwing your own celebrations for winning what they reported as a "self-proclaimed" National Championship.

That is the point of entire AAC deal.

There have been many dozen of teams that have gone undefeated, including Marshall 1999, that did not win the national championship, at least the one that normal people recognize. Yet UCF, which signed an agreement, the first of its kind ever, for this playoff system and then ignores that to lock on to some obscure entity to legitimize that which simply is not true. Alabama was the national champion that year. UCF had a great year. That simple. Saying otherwise makes them look childish, foolish, and petty.

Similarly, UCF, and every school in the AAC and every school in I-A signed an agreement dividing, correctly, the division into the P5 and the G5. Yet the AAC builds its whole marketing scheme around this P6 idiocy. The AAC is a good conference, in most years the best of the G5, but it is many levels below the Big 12 or the Pac 12, which ever is the worst of the P5 in a given year. Every statistic you can look at says that, every year. That simple. The AAC is a good conference with good programs. Saying it is something it is not makes them look childish, foolish, and petty.

And, the AAC is, mostly, big city schools. Big cities where other programs are simply more popular. The AAC is in some big cities and has some fans and some potential to gain more. Yet it blasts this silly idea that is “owns” the towns it is in. It does not. In every case, programs from the P5 are simply the majority or plurality’s favorite team in each market. Saying otherwise makes them look childish, foolish, and petty.

And, IMHO, this is why the AAC is the enemy of the other four G5 leagues, something we should oppose and ridicule.

That is the point of entire AAC deal.

There have been many dozen of teams that have gone undefeated, including Marshall 1999, that did not win the national championship, at least the one that normal people recognize. Yet UCF, which signed an agreement, the first of its kind ever, for this playoff system and then ignores that to lock on to some obscure entity to legitimize that which simply is not true. Alabama was the national champion that year. UCF had a great year. That simple. Saying otherwise makes them look childish, foolish, and petty.

Similarly, UCF, and every school in the AAC and every school in I-A signed an agreement dividing, correctly, the division into the P5 and the G5. Yet the AAC builds its whole marketing scheme around this P6 idiocy. The AAC is a good conference, in most years the best of the G5, but it is many levels below the Big 12 or the Pac 12, which ever is the worst of the P5 in a given year. Every statistic you can look at says that, every year. That simple. The AAC is a good conference with good programs. Saying it is something it is not makes them look childish, foolish, and petty.

And, the AAC is, mostly, big city schools. Big cities where other programs are simply more popular. The AAC is in some big cities and has some fans and some potential to gain more. Yet it blasts this silly idea that is “owns” the towns it is in. It does not. In every case, programs from the P5 are simply the majority or plurality’s favorite team in each market. Saying otherwise makes them look childish, foolish, and petty.

And, IMHO, this is why the AAC is the enemy of the other four G5 leagues, something we should oppose and ridicule.

You totally missed the point of the marketing strategy which was invaluable in putting UCF in the national spot light and providing constant recognition from every college football media outlet on the planet. And guess what? it worked!

Further your comments about the AAC are pretty lame....the cold hard reality is that the AAC has more top 25 teams than the ACC and Big 12 and as many as the PAC-12. The rest of the G5s are lucky to have one any given week..........So sure you can oppose, ridicule and make us the enemy....UCF has thrived on being the enemy and in living in the College football experts heads rent free.........;)

Reactions: darthyader
No doubt you guys have been a legit program for a while now, but you gotta admit the way all the mainstream media and sports networks handled this, they made you guys out to look foolish, throwing your own celebrations for winning what they reported as a "self-proclaimed" National Championship.

Not Exactly............

The strategy ultimately paid of.........

Not Exactly............

The strategy ultimately paid of.........

No disrespect, because you guys have built a strong program, but that's just one person from ESPN on your side. It's still all the other outlets that are going to say, "yeah, they are doing great, but they need to stop with the self-proclaimed national titles."

The whole system is set up that the powers that be will never allow you into the national championship game anyways, until you can move into a different conference.

I think both of us are essentially preaching to the choir here.

And guess what? it worked!

No, it didn’t. The world is laughing at you, not with you. About your cardboard championship, about your silly claim to be the equal of the P5, and certainly about the stupid idea that any AAC program is really that big a deal contrasted to the more popular P5 and/or pro teams in their own markets.

I don't have a stake in this argument; I'm not even sure really what it's about. But I just wanted to help with this: It's "couldn't care less." One time it's just annoying. Two or three times in a single post...

No, it didn’t. The world is laughing at you, not with you. About your cardboard championship, about your silly claim to be the equal of the P5, and certainly about the stupid idea that any AAC program is really that big a deal contrasted to the more popular P5 and/or pro teams in their own markets.

NOPE........not everyone laughing

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT