ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall interested in Wagner transfer QB

This kid is having articles written about him left and right since Phil Simms has taken him under his wing... I dont know how serious he is considering Marshall, but it is good that we are at least getting mentioned along with the likes of Tennessee, Alabama and Baylor.

He has an interesting story too... Not recruited out of high school because his high school ran the Wing-T and nobody ever saw him throw. Went to Wagner as a walk-on and is now regarded as a potential NFL draft prospect if he can have a good year next year in the big leagues.

Last edited:
It would be the best news in a long time if he chose MU. Probable starting spot HAS to help the chances.

Need to tell him how much more fun he would have here than at Tennessee... They also have a starting spot that is vacant...

He is now the QB coach of the 49ers

Fever, what does that say about our O and O coordinator the last couple of years? Wagner, a FCS program, sees its coordinator off to the NFL while at MU Billy Legg rides off in the sunset to . . . . "oblivion"?

Reactions: Herd Fever
Fever, what does that say about our O and O coordinator the last couple of years? Wagner, a FCS program, sees its coordinator off to the NFL while at MU Billy Legg rides off in the sunset to . . . . "oblivion"?

Wagner is barely an FCS school.

Reactions: kdbherdon
With numbers like that, snag up his current OC!

With numbers like what? Two years ago, while playing in one of the worst FCS conferences, he completed 57% of his passes. That is well below average. He threw for 221 yards/game and averaged 4 rushing yards per game. Both of those are below average.

This year, he was hurt and only played in two games. He wasn't impressive in either. I watched 4 minutes of his 40 minute highlights. He has a big arm and good size, but there are a lot of guys out there like that.

With numbers like what? Two years ago, while playing in one of the worst FCS conferences, he completed 57% of his passes. That is well below average. He threw for 221 yards/game and averaged 4 rushing yards per game. Both of those are below average.

This year, he was hurt and only played in two games. He wasn't impressive in either. I watched 4 minutes of his 40 minute highlights. He has a big arm and good size, but there are a lot of guys out there like that.

I'm confused on the insane amount of interest Thomson is getting as well.

Switching gears, what do you think of Chase's chances to get drafted? Enjoy your perspective on Qbs.

Wild guess, but I would imagine 6-7 round with a chance to compete for a third QB spot. Much like Doughty's opportunity with the Phins. I think for Chase however if he's not selected in the top 5 rounds it might be more advantageous to go the FA route so he and his agent have a say in where he will sign. I wish him the best of luck. Like it or not he represents the Green and White and his success would be great for our program. I'm more concerned about the lack of transparency with our OC search and the delay in getting it announced which has to have a direct affect on recruiting (or maybe it doesn't I don't know what 18 year olds care about these days). On another note I hope you all pack the Cam tonight! Looking forward to a great game and hopefully seeing our guys almost back to full strength (seems like a long shot for George to play). Big game if we want to try to secure the 2-3 seed and avoid WKU in the tourney until the finals.

Personally, I find Phil Simms to be a prick.

As for the QB in question, color me concerned if the Herd needs to have a transfer QB come in from Wagner College to rescue this coming season.

Reactions: CarolinaHerdzilla
ADVERTISEMENT