ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall sports

Nov 1, 2019
Until Marshall sits down and looks at just how bad past hires have been for both football and basketball our teams will always be below average.
Watching other teams play both sports make me realize how far we have fallen through the years.
We seem to be happy with non experienced hires and MU is the only one I can blame for that.
If Marshall sits on their butts and turn their head at where we are, they will lose what few fans there are.
It's easy for fans to see how far both sports have fallen but MU seems to be blind to the actual facts.

When I was a kid in high school, we had an annual event called College Day. Colleges and universities around the region sent representatives to give students information about their schools and answer any questions the students might have.
The majority of my high school signed up for the Morgantown School presentation. Filled a whole auditorium. My father was a Marshall College grad so I signed up to be in the Marshall group.
Our group was small, only about a half dozen students. The presenter was young and energetic and had us all laughing and at ease. He talked about all aspects of college life at Marshall.
When he got to the part about discussing college athletics, I still remember him saying: “If you really like college football and want to be part of a high profile winning program, don’t come to Marshall.”
Looks like we are slowly returning to that era.

Reactions: herdinmichigan
When I was a kid in high school, we had an annual event called College Day. Colleges and universities around the region sent representatives to give students information about their schools and answer any questions the students might have.
The majority of my high school signed up for the Morgantown School presentation. Filled a whole auditorium. My father was a Marshall College grad so I signed up to be in the Marshall group.
Our group was small, only about a half dozen students. The presenter was young and energetic and had us all laughing and at ease. He talked about all aspects of college life at Marshall.
When he got to the part about discussing college athletics, I still remember him saying: “If you really like college football and want to be part of a high profile winning program, don’t come to Marshall.”
Looks like we are slowly returning to that era.
almost sounds like something Huff would say

Let’s see. Our last hire in each sport

one has coached 19 games and includes a win over Notre Dame

one did something that no other coach had ever done. Won a NCAA tournament game

So good point. I guess we gotta get better.

at some point fans need to look in the mirror.

What are their records against D-1 teams?

Reactions: The Real SamC
We need media people that aren't scared to ask the hard questions but all we have is alot of Marshall cheerleader types for media and as of lately very little info on any Marshall sports. Fans are sick of the ass kissing our media members are and what they give to the fans.

Reactions: ilmherdfan

One is spiraling down at an epic rate

One has went to the dance 1 time in 8 years, compiling a record of 140-120, just above .500.

mediocrity is a death sentence in life, even worse in sports

The hiring process for football and basketball coaches is extremely flawed. Until we fix that, nothing will change.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT