ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs UTSA

Legg is just trying to lull them to sleep.. going to open things up real soon

The reason the Refs didnt call the penalty of roughing the kicker is because the kicker started to run

Litton has digressed. Legg isn't helping. Ridiculous!

Well once again we are struggling to run the ball. So far we are averaging 2.7 yards a carry and Litton's last two third downs were 3rd and 14 and 3rd and 11. As I said in the other thread last week and again today is if you struggle to run the ball and you keep putting Litton in situations where he is facing 3rd and long, you are putting him in a tough spot.

Well once again we are struggling to run the ball. So far we are averaging 2.7 yards a carry and Litton's last two third downs were 3rd and 14 and 3rd and 11. As I said in the other thread last week and again today is if you struggle to run the ball and you keep putting Litton in situations where he is facing 3rd and long, you are putting him in a tough spot.

Hell, his audibles are poor at best. I think he can't absorb most of our offense thus Legg limits the plays called.

We need a mobile QB that isn't scared to tuck and run. Caro learned that and ran it well.

Defense is playing good... offense as usual looks like the same predictable crap.... yes josh I called our offense CRAP.!!! If you want facts watch the mother F’in games..... I’m have been done with legg for 2 years now I’m on my third.. the guy sucks... worst offensive scheme/play calling/coaching we’ve ever had at Marshall... bring back Snyder please!!!! ............ I hope no one goes to the southern miss game maybe that will get there attention that something has to change!!

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Hell, his audibles are poor at best. I think he can't absorb most of our offense thus Legg limits the plays called.

We need a mobile QB that isn't scared to tuck and run. Caro learned that and ran it well.

We cant run the ball with our two running backs with this O line and you think having Litton run is the answer?

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
We cant run the ball with our two running backs with this O line and you think having Litton run is the answer?

We can’t run because other teams defense can make the run read, why cause we don’t hide it well, why because Bill Legg don’t know how, why because he sucks..

if we had a downfield passing game we could run the ball.. but we can’t do that why because we don’t know when to call a pass longer then 15 yards.. and when to call a 5 and out

our offensive line that josh said would be better this time of year actually looks bad because our plays take to long to develop in the backfield add that to being predictable what do you have 30 rushing yards total in the half...........

Bill Legg sucks. I'll be at the USM game but tailgating. I'm not paying money to watch that dumb A&$ Legg ruin our football program. Out administration needs to wisen up and fire his butt on the spot. This is getting old. Sick of this garbage.

We can’t run because other teams defense can make the run read, why cause we don’t hide it well, why because Bill Legg don’t know how, why because he sucks..

I don't disagree Bill Legg is bad but the O line has a lot of blame. The guys on the O line simply can't run block very well. How many times do you see the running back get hit in the backfield because the O line let the defense get through? or the running back gets the ball and can only managed 2 or 3 yards because there is no running lane?

1.7 yards per carry is what our running game has averaged through 3 quarter this game. Hopefully this game will be like most other games where the defense gets a little tired and our running game is able to take advantage and breaks some long runs which will of course boost the YPC.

I don't disagree Bill Legg is bad but the O line has a lot of blame. The guys on the O line simply can't run block very well. How many times do you see the running back get hit in the backfield because the O line let the defense get through? or the running back gets the ball and can only managed 2 or 3 yards because there is no running lane?

1.7 yards per carry is what our running game has averaged through 3 quarter this game. Hopefully this game will be like most other games where the defense gets a little tired and our running game is able to take advantage and breaks some long runs which will of course boost the YPC.

A good coach understands where his weaknesses and strengths are. Our O line struggled the first half, you’d think he’d adjust, but no. It’s just the same old shit that doesn’t work. And it’s on repeat every week.

I will say I think we could help the running game by giving Pittman some carries. He is a better running back than Davis. Not head and shoulders better but he is better. Doc has issues with him for whatever reason though.

I will say I think we could help the running game by giving Pittman some carries. He is a better running back than Davis. Not head and shoulders better but he is better. Doc has issues with him for whatever reason though.

King is head and shoulders above Davis as well. And he's the only back we have who can create something out of nothing. Which one would think is the type of back you'd lean on with a poor o line . Yet he has half the carries of Davis.

After 3 runs up the middle and a penalty it is 4th and 10. Why not try a 35 yd pass because we have complete that pass all year

Having a QB that is at least a threat to take off would keep the D honest . Why we don't roll a pocket or pitch out wide is beyond me. The handoff up the middle does nothing.

Does Litton not realize he can change the play at the line or can he not comprehend the playbook enough to do it.
Cato was a master of that.

Reactions: joeyb184

Pittman has an issue with his shins that prevents him from playing RB anymore. That's why he is on ST only.
At least that's what the local media has said.

Having a QB that is at least a threat to take off would keep the D honest . Why we don't roll a pocket or pitch out wide is beyond me. The handoff up the middle does nothing.

Does Litton not realize he can change the play at the line or can he not comprehend the playbook enough to do it.
Cato was a master of that.

Cato also had a better O line and better running game to help

Reactions: Walter Brennaneer
Cato also had a better O line and better running game to help

So none of our issues are on Litton at all? The young man has gotten worse. Has bad mechanics, isn't a leader and won't run. Legg sucks balls but Litton holds us back as well.

So none of our issues are on Litton at all? The young man has gotten worse. Has bad mechanics, isn't a leader and won't run. Legg sucks balls but Litton holds us back as well.

No Litton shares blame. He is certainly not an elite QB. I just feel the need to point out that he doesnt have help and is put in bad situations quite a bit.

Awesome throw by Litton with pressure in his face. Great catch by Foster. Hopefully the defense can make one more stand.

Why has Foster not been used in the passing game until now?!? Player elevation is head scratching sometimes.

Reactions: joeyb184
Lmfao sums up the season. also, how many teams became bowl eligible on us so far because i feel like i hear it each week

Oh they're in full blown prevent mode.... UGH

Heater did such a good job calling the defense all game but that last series was horrible. You only have three down linemen and put no pressure on the QB and let them march downfield to get in FG range before you change it up.

The only thing a prevent defense does is prevent you from wining. I dont know why coaches still do it, especially when you can lose on a FG. It makes no sense.

Reactions: Herd-in-ATL
ADVERTISEMENT