ADVERTISEMENT

Massacre in florida

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
Has anyone seen the games kids play today. Nothing but blowing people away. Does this have anything to do with this?

This kid was known to have issues he threatened to be a professional school shooter on a YouTube video. We wasn’t allowed on school property with a back pack. The kid needed mental help and didn’t get it. That’s the issue along with the breakdown of the family structure

First thing is they can get guns illegally no matter the laws. Ban guns or hush. No laws will stop crazy killers. This is a society problem not a political one. Happens no matter who is running the show. Is it trumps fault my front tires are bad. Nope its all on me as is most every single thing i do wrong.

Only good guys with guns can stop bad guys with guns. Shame that all high schoolers can't take guns to class.

Sandy hook happened under Obama. Did anyone on here blame obama. Shame on them if they did. People need a skapegoat for anything they do wrong. Younger generation worries me. Kill kill kill. Eat eat eat. Work- no mas Work-no mas. Too lazy to even spell out a word. We have as smart of kids as anyone but because of bad parents and schools they can be trouble.

What would you suggest they do, in order to solve the problem?

History of mental issues
Showed photos of himself with weapons
Accused of beating his girlfriend
Fetish of abusing animals
Expelled from school

Still able to buy a semiautomatic with bulk ammo at 19, but couldn’t buy a handgun until 21. We ban lawn darts due to the danger they pose to kids, but we protect laws for automatic weapons where people with mental issues are allied to still buy.

And you ask what we need to do to stop it. SMH

It will be curious to see if this guy was on any kind of medication that might have affected him negatively.

History of mental issues
Expelled from school

Still able to buy a semiautomatic with bulk ammo at 19, but couldn’t buy a handgun until 21. We ban lawn darts due to the danger they pose to kids, but we protect laws for automatic weapons where people with mental issues are allied to still buy.

So, how do you suggest we handle a problem of someone showing pictures of themselves with weapons? I can log onto Facebook right this very moment, and pull up several pictures of good ole boys posing with pictures of their weapons. Should the IC assume those boys are going to commit mass murder?

The rest I agree with, but I do think the authorities need the public's help in policing some of those issues, particularly when it comes to mental issues. I also read where many schools refrain from recording issues, due to it making the school look bad. Obviously, that needs to stop, but there's revenue involved, so the schools do what they need to do to continue getting funds.

At the end of the day, me and you both know that if we want to buy a gun, we can take enough cash back home to the hollers, and purchase one from a person in need of dough. I'm not sure how you can police that. Rednecks are going to be rednecks, and as Sisters said, if someone wants to kill, they can figure out a way to do so. No gun? Well, just get in your pickup truck and mow a bunch of people down as they prepare to load the bus.

I feel it's a society problem, and I'm not sure how the hell you fix that.

i own several firearms, like a couple dozen, including an AR15 .300 blackout and an AR 9mm pistol, neither of which are considered an "assault rifle". i also own a couple other pistols, a .45 and a glock .40 with high capacity clips (also semi-auto firearms). and, i have several friends who have collections that dwarf mine.

i'm for tighter gun control regulations making it tougher for people to get their hands on firearms of any variety. i've purchased 1/2 a dozen firearms over the past couple years and it took under 5 mins for me to be approved with each purchase. i understand there's states where it takes upwards of 90+ days for a person to be approved.

i understand this is an entirely political debate, the left is all for complete gun banishment, the right wants anybody who can pass a background check in 2 minutes to have the right to own a firearm. there has to be a middle ground that can be agreed on. what that is, i don't have a clue, but there has to be something that can be done to help avoid these mass shootings.

for the righties, i get it, there's already a flood of guns out there and those who want to get one and commit a crime will do so. i agree. however, i also believe that if appropriate measures are taken now, it can make it increasingly more difficult for criminals and criminals-to-be to get their hands on firearms to commit such atrocities.

do i want to give any firearm in my collection up? hell no. would i in order to guarantee a safer world for my children and their children to live in 20, 30, 40 years down the road? damn straight i would. however, that's a paper mache guarantee that cannot be made.

. . . and, frankly, it'd be just another step to letting the mentally fukt left gain total control over everything which would eventually provide them the authority to impress all of their fukt up ideas on the total populous, so fvck 'em, they have can have my firearms when the pry my cold dead fingers from them. problem is, they don't believe in owning guns, so they have no way of taking them.

In reading about these school shootings in the past, the most common thread amongst these shootings are "mental health" and "medications". I don't have the answers, but the problem does not lie within gun control. It appears we have some factors, or at least one or two of these that are similar, or appear, , in each case: Student with mental health issues, student with anger issues; student with social issues (keeps to self), student on medications that alter mood, etc. Student acts out with guns.

The gun argument that banning guns would not stop, or even reduce these shootings is a legitimate argument in my opinion. The underlying problems need to be addressed so that these types of students are identitified early, treated properly, and properly monitored.

i own several firearms, like a couple dozen, including an AR15 .300 blackout and an AR 9mm pistol, neither of which are considered an "assault rifle". i also own a couple other pistols, a .45 and a glock .40 with high capacity clips (also semi-auto firearms).
I guess I know what holler I'll ride up to, when I'm on the verge of flipping out. Six pack of natti, mason jar of shine, and a bag of skunk buds, and I'll be fully equipped.

You started your thread in sanity, and ended it in insanity.

I have NEVER heard someone in person suggest we take everyone's guns.

History of mental issues
Expelled from school

Automatic weapons are legal now? You’re a marine you should know better. You bring up good points then cloud your argument with lies. I’m all for expanded background checks but what mental illness would prohibit gun purchases? How would that jive with personal privacy laws? The kid had issues and no one really did anything about it. Where were the parents?

I guess I know what holler I'll ride up to, when I'm on the verge of flipping out. Six pack of natti, mason jar of shine, and a bag of skunk buds, and I'll be fully equipped.
make the six a 30 or don't waste your time.

Automatic weapons are legal now? You’re a marine you should know better. You bring up good points then cloud your argument with lies. I’m all for expanded background checks but what mental illness would prohibit gun purchases? How would that jive with personal privacy laws? The kid had issues and no one really did anything about it. Where were the parents?
think he clearly indicated semiauto.

I said semi douche not auto, and yes I do know better obviously you do not.

Used to these were sent away.

Mind altering drugs.

Mental health issues.

That is the problem

What’s to say the crazy person is taking their drugs or has ever sought help and been given drugs.

I have always said and always will say that no one from the general public has a need for a semi automatic or automatic weapon. I’m not for taking all guns away, but these weapons that turn people into Rambo that can fire rounds down range at a rapid pace should be controlled. It’s not the same as a shotgun, bolt action, revolver, etc.

I have always said and always will say that no one from the general public has a need for a semi automatic or automatic weapon. I’m not for taking all guns away, but these weapons that turn people into Rambo that can fire rounds down range at a rapid pace should be controlled. It’s not the same as a shotgun, bolt action, revolver, etc.
semi auto pistols? semi auto shotgun?

where's the line drawn?

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
History of mental issues
Expelled from school

yeah you did say semi but then you said automatic weapons

When sandy hook happened politicians turned their backs. Those were precious small first graders. If nothing happened there to implement stricter controls it will never happen.

Reactions: Marine03
semi auto pistols? semi auto shotgun?

where's the line drawn?

Draw the line at any privately owned weapon that is automatic load capable. If gun owners want to make the argument they are used for hunting and defense that’s fine, adopt a one shot one kill mentality.

Lee Harvey Oswald(a Marine you know) killed the POTUS with cheap ass bolt action Italian rifle.

What are you going to do when one of these nuts walks into a school with a shotgun and starts blasting away? 12 gauge buck shot is ugly.

Lee Harvey Oswald(a Marine you know) killed the POTUS with cheap ass bolt action Italian rifle.

What are you going to do when one of these nuts walks into a school with a shotgun and starts blasting away? 12 gauge buck shot is ugly.

So I’ve been told

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT