MATCH DAY

First Round:
Games played in Huntington:
8 ODU - 1 Marshall
5 Kentucky - 4 James Madison

Games played in Orlando:
6 Georgia State - 3 WVU
7 South Carolina - 2 UCF

The two winners play in each bracket in the second round, also in Huntington or Orlando (even if MU and/or UCF are upset in first round). Championship is at highest remaining seed.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
And….check me on this Sam:
Once the NCAA tourney begins, Marshall (as a very high seed) would host all of its matches in Huntington until the College Cup, which is in Louisville this year, according to Coach Grassie……
This is true, and according to the RPI and all of its factors - even if Marshall doesn't win the tournament we are all but a lock for at least the 4-seed.

UCF on the other hand, probably needs to win it all for a top-4 seed. WVU's chances are all but gone imo.

I was unaware that the NCAAs were in Louisville this year. Louisville is a nice enough city, and the games are at the 11K seat home of the city's AAA-level soccer team, not the U of L's soccer stadium (oddly both seem to be named after the same guy), but its cold in December in the Ohio Valley.

They have been rotating between the not exactly warm Triangle area of NC and warm and sunny SoCal. That seems better. Most of these MLS stadiums just sit about the rest of the year, why not Orlando, Houston, LA, etc?

Agreed, Louisville City's stadium is beautiful.

I believe that next year's College Cup will be in Sacramento before returning back to its usual home in Cary.

I was unaware that the NCAAs were in Louisville this year. Louisville is a nice enough city, and the games are at the 11K seat home of the city's AAA-level soccer team, not the U of L's soccer stadium (oddly both seem to be named after the same guy), but its cold in December in the Ohio Valley.

They have been rotating between the not exactly warm Triangle area of NC and warm and sunny SoCal. That seems better. Most of these MLS stadiums just sit about the rest of the year, why not Orlando, Houston, LA, etc?
…..I think you are mentioning the weather from a fan’s perspective? The players don’t seem to mind. Love Grassie w/the toboggan!!

First Round:
Games played in Huntington:
8 ODU - 1 Marshall
5 Kentucky - 4 James Madison

Games played in Orlando:
6 Georgia State - 3 WVU
7 South Carolina - 2 UCF

The two winners play in each bracket in the second round, also in Huntington or Orlando (even if MU and/or UCF are upset in first round). Championship is at highest remaining seed.
Kentucky seems to be a dangerous 5 seed having beaten both us and WVU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT