ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD MBB at UAB

To have played as poorly as we did tonight, scoring only 50 points (our lowest output in 5 years), and losing by only 11 points, maybe there is hope for this season. But somebody is going to have to step up and take charge.

The fouls were lopsided but horrendous shooting (especially the 2nd half) along with too many turnovers (mainly 1st half) did us in again.

The theme for the year will probably be hot and cold which means being about .500 or a little above since the bottom of the conf is so bad.

We could easily lose 3 of our next 4. Charlotte is on top of the conf right now and we have to play Western twice.

If we can keep this team intact, next year could be really good.

One thing to keep in mind, Charlotte is the only undefeated team in the conference but is also the only team to play all of it's conference games at home. We are the first of three away games for them.

One thing to keep in mind, Charlotte is the only undefeated team in the conference but is also the only team to play all of it's conference games at home. We are the first of three away games for them.
That’s correct. They have also played one less conference game (same for ODU). They did beat UAB at home.....

The fouls were lopsided but horrendous shooting (especially the 2nd half) along with too many turnovers (mainly 1st half) did us in again.

The theme for the year will probably be hot and cold which means being about .500 or a little above since the bottom of the conf is so bad.

We could easily lose 3 of our next 4. Charlotte is on top of the conf right now and we have to play Western twice.

If we can keep this team intact, next year could be really good.

Wow, so much optimism for a team underachieving.

If only that could be the same for all sports...

Wow, so much optimism for a team underachieving.

If only that could be the same for all sports...

Basketball
-lost their two best players and another key contributor
-one of the youngest teams in DI
-predicted to finish 11th in conf
-could totally fall apart but exceeding expectations right now

Football
-most of team returned
-predicted to win conf or play for the championship
-finished 2nd in east
-destroyed in bowl game
-didn’t achieve objectives (win east, win conf, win bowl game)

I am a football first guy. I wish we had a better year. I hope for a better one next year. If basketball doesn’t finish at the top of the conf next year they will not have met expectations and will be criticized for it.

Basketball
-lost their two best players and another key contributor
-one of the youngest teams in DI
-predicted to finish 11th in conf
-could totally fall apart but exceeding expectations right now

Football
-most of team returned
-predicted to win conf or play for the championship
-finished 2nd in east
-destroyed in bowl game
-didn’t achieve objectives (win east, win conf, win bowl game)

I am a football first guy. I wish we had a better year. I hope for a better one next year. If basketball doesn’t finish at the top of the conf next year they will not have met expectations and will be criticized for it.

Basketball...

Should have replaced key players lost. No excuse. Needed to use "we won an NCAA game for the first time ever."
Youth? How many players have been on this team who are now starting?
Picked 11th...and are not exceeding expectations at all.
At times, the team has fallen apart because I don't know how much worse this team could have looked, considering this was one of the lowest points scored by the team.

Football...
Lost top 3 WR's. Utilized the TE instead. Won games with them. Sophomore QB...you know..."youth."
The rest, you are right about 100%.
No, people will find reasons to not want to be critical of one..."oh gosh darn, they're so fun to watch!!!"
If they had, Dan's coaching seat would be on fire.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Herd Football - like watching paint dry

Herd Basketball - Watching a painter splash different colors on canvas. You get to see something being created.

Reactions: horsrman
Herd Football - like watching paint dry

Herd Basketball - Watching a painter splash different colors on canvas. You get to see something being created.

In your anti-Doc delusion, you actually do make a good analogy. Doc is like a solid, workman like trademan. Painting houses is honorable work. Danny is like a modern “artist” splashing paint to come up with some mess that he tells the wanna be cool is really “art” if only they could understand it.

At the end of the day, on produces a solid house, the other a mess of no real value.

In your anti-Doc delusion, you actually do make a good analogy. Doc is like a solid, workman like trademan. Painting houses is honorable work. Danny is like a modern “artist” splashing paint to come up with some mess that he tells the wanna be cool is really “art” if only they could understand it.

At the end of the day, on produces a solid house, the other a mess of no real value.

As a "tradesman," Doc is more and more using substandard materials, bad design, and building on a faulty foundation. The number of people attending the "Open House" for his constructions is dwindling. More are drifting over to Danny's gallery to sip wine, nibble cheese, and enjoy the art they see.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT