ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: Marshall tops Charlotte 91-83

It was good to see Rondale Watson step up offensively in the second half. He gave us a nice burst driving to the rim which gave us the lead cushion after the half.

49ers #3 (Davis) torched The HERD for 38...his all time high scoring production.

Zilla22
News Flash... this just in!!! The Herd gets an 8-point conference win on the road without our best big-man and Zilla still finds something to complain about!!!! Dude, you're the guy who wins a free trip to Paris and complains about the fact that the people in France didnt speak English well enough for you and that the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower isnt very good because the things on the ground look too small. My goodness Zilla - have some fun and enjoy something for once in your life... it was a good win!

Guard play is not an issue... With Burkes, Elmore and Watson we are set there.

Need to get Penava healthy fast... The next three CUSA alphabet soup games, ODU, MTSU and UAB are huge. Our guys cant go 0-3 and if they want to have a chance at a top-4 seed in the CUSA tournament.

Need to get Penava healthy fast... The next three CUSA alphabet soup games, ODU, MTSU and UAB are huge. Our guys cant go 0-3 and if they want to have a chance at a top-4 seed in the CUSA tournament.

Next four, really. @ODU, home against MTSU and UAB and then @WKU. 2-2 in that stretch would be huge because the schedule opens up big time after that:

@UTSA
@UTEP
FIU
FAU
@Rice
@UNT
ODU
Charlotte

We should go 6-2 over that stretch, which would put us at 11-5 in CUSA play with trips to UAB and MTSU to finish out the season.

Reactions: RhinoD
The ESPN3 stream last night was awesome - there were so few people there, you could hear individual voices of fans for each team complaining about calls, players, etc. from opposing perspectives. "The Thundering Crybabies" - good one, Bob!

I'll tell you what guys, keep an eye on this Charlotte program, they're on the rise. Tremendous upside. New facilities, large metro area - they're a sleeping giant. Once they're in the league for four or five years....look out.

How dare you bring up a negative fact about this team!?!?!? The nerve of some people! Using logic and stuff

incredulous.gif

Reactions: redsfan5590
News Flash... this just in!!! The Herd gets an 8-point conference win on the road without our best big-man and Zilla still finds something to complain about!!!! Dude, you're the guy who wins a free trip to Paris and complains about the fact that the people in France didnt speak English well enough for you and that the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower isnt very good because the things on the ground look too small. My goodness Zilla - have some fun and enjoy something for once in your life... it was a good win!

Socialherd...RELAX...I never implied the win over Charlotte was not positive. Anytime a squad gets a W on the road...it's good. All I did was point out that Charlotte's Davis had his best game offensively since he has matriculated at UNC-Charlotte. Before last night, his best offensive game was 31-points (Presbyterian). Dan had no one that could stop him......Happy that C J Burks matched Davis (almost) toe for toe.....Davis's & Burk's games were "sick" tonight. Hoping it carries over at ODU, Saturday. MU will have to have their "A" game to win in Norfolk.

Nothing Moore---Nothing Less.

Zilla22 in Charlotte.........................BRING ON THE HERD

Last edited:

RHINOD....you are spot on.......MU has to beat the "big boys" in the Conference..............

Zilla22 in Charlotte

The ESPN3 stream last night was awesome - there were so few people there, you could hear individual voices of fans for each team complaining about calls, players, etc. from opposing perspectives. "The Thundering Crybabies" - good one, Bob!

I'll tell you what guys, keep an eye on this Charlotte program, they're on the rise. Tremendous upside. New facilities, large metro area - they're a sleeping giant. Once they're in the league for four or five years....look out.

Careful herdalicious.
...statements like that will get you on the #HERD Negative List with some of our fickle followers. Don't dare compliment an opponent in any way or fashion. Some will call you a "Bad Fan."

Charlotte, with their facilities and BIG CHECK BOOK....is scary....didn't the 49ers defeat The HERD in football in Huntington recently (2016)? I thought they did..............

Zilla22 In Charlotte........Bring on The HERD.

Careful herdalicious....statements like that will get you on the #HERD Negative List with some of our fickle followers. Don't dare compliment an opponent in any way or fashion. Some will call you a "Bad Fan."

Charlotte, with their facilities and BIG CHECK BOOK....is scary....didn't the 49ers defeat The HERD in football in Huntington recently (2016)? I thought they did..............

Zilla22 In Charlotte........Bring on The HERD.

He was being 100% sarcastic, Zilla.

Charlotte sucks in football and basketball.

Mc...go back & read his POSITIVE comments...they may suck now....but just wait......They have deep pockets.....

Zilla22 in Charlotte.....BRING ON DAN'S HERD

I promise you he was being sarcastic. @herdalicious please confirm.

And Gary, the reason he makes fun of Charlotte is because of comments like the one you just made.

There's a solid chance Charlotte is the worst basketball team in C-USA. They've been back in C-USA since 2013 and have never finished above .500 in conference play. They suck.

The football team is just as pathetic. 4-20 since joining the league three years ago, including 1-7 in conference play last year. And yeah, they beat us in 2016 in what some consider the worst loss in program history. Big deal. We sucked something awful in 2016.

Serious question - how long do we wait for something positive to come out of Charlotte? When does all that money turn into something tangible on the field/court?

Reactions: 31Herd55
I promise you he was being sarcastic. @herdalicious please confirm.

And Gary, the reason he makes fun of Charlotte is because of comments like the one you just made.

There's a solid chance Charlotte is the worst basketball team in C-USA. They've been back in C-USA since 2013 and have never finished above .500 in conference play. They suck.

The football team is just as pathetic. 4-20 since joining the league three years ago, including 1-7 in conference play last year. And yeah, they beat us in 2016 in what some consider the worst loss in program history. Big deal. We sucked something awful in 2016.

Serious question - how long do we wait for something positive to come out of Charlotte? When does all that money turn into something tangible on the field/court?

Mc...I am no Genie.
......I can not predict this......All I can surmise is that "money" talks......Charlotte (in 2015, Mecklenburg Co population was 1.06 million) continues to grow [many new buildings & Lynx Monorail opens from Uptown---Charlotte's campus in a few weeks]...North Carolina HSs produce some talented seniors.....the 49ers are good in CUSA Olympic Sports such as baseball, softball....great academic University....The school did not open her doors until 1946 and in 2017 the students numbered 29,000 ...having UNC-Chapel Hill, Duke, NC State, & Wake Forest in her backyard makes it difficult to gather top talent. Charlotte is no different from the state of Va------ODU ---another young football school that struggles to attract players since most yearn to play @ UVA & Va Tech.

I admit Charlotte faces what no other CUSA school does....THE ACC & SEC in her backdoor. A negative is crime is growing around the campus......

Zilla22

Some of you, Zilla, others, probably know but from the telecast last night, UNCC's arena looked pretty nice. Probably a lot younger than the CAM and about the same size, 8000-9000 seats or so.

I like the way that they have a lot of good seats in at least one endzone. Unlike that worthless wall that makes up most of the East end zone at the Cam. Biggest mistake MU made early on was not designing the East end zone with a lot of bleacher seats on the lower level for the students and a bunch of upper level chairbacks. That and the additional of main arena AC and good ventilation would have made the CAM a much nicer venue, IMHO!

......agreed on the nice facility! Very clean, awesome 4 sided jumbo tron
over the court. Good capacity. Not a big crowd & we were able to sit about 10 rows up behind our bench. Impressions: Watson is a slasher!
He has good body control and aggressive to the rim. We couldn’t buy a bucket in the 1st half. In & out, just a touch off. Williams has potential.
UNCC’s Davis was fastest player on the court. West plays hard, bulldog on D. C.J. loves the floater, & makes most of them. Elmore was solid as usual. Great % from the line. If we can ever heat it up from 3land, get Penava & George back, we can compete for top 4 reg season. Big challenge Sat nite..... Go Herd

Reactions: oldeherd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT