ADVERTISEMENT

MBB picked 7th in SBC; OAK and Curfman named 2nd team all conference

I can't predict where the Herd may end up, but can predict this thread should do well with numerous replies, perhaps even three pages worth.

I did see that the ladies were picked like 8th. Hoping the new style brought in by coach Kim may surprise the competition and they'll ultimately finish higher.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
DD is the perfect coach for the mediocrity accepting management and its enablers among the fan base. He TALKS a good game, is able to produce mediocre results (in a succession of built-for-football conferences where half the teams don't even try), and seems to be a nice guy.

Sadly, he will be here as long as he wants, and will pick his own successor.

We accept mediocrity.

DD is the perfect coach for the mediocrity accepting management and its enablers among the fan base. He TALKS a good game, is able to produce mediocre results (in a succession of built-for-football conferences where half the teams don't even try), and seems to be a nice guy.

Sadly, he will be here as long as he wants, and will pick his own successor.

We accept mediocrity.
He doesn't even talk a good game anymore. He just points fingers and makes excuses. The guy literally said that Kinsey and the team couldn't focus because of the uncertainty with our school president. No player gives a crap who the school president is. He still blames covid too.

Dan knows he is untouchable. All the old heads hold on to "Danny" because he reminds them of the past and the defend him at all costs. Like Doc, Dan should have been fired 2-3 years ago.

Reactions: mufan08
That's embarrassing. And supposedly, the Belt was a step down from CDOA in basketball. Program is not moving forward.
Lol what’s more embarrassing is putting stock into preseason rankings. They mean zero. At least allow this team to compete on the court and prove that ranking wrong. So many new faces and lost our top 3 players from last year, of course we weren’t going to be projected top 4 in this league. I honestly think this is gonna be fun marshall team. Got a lot of interesting pieces.

Lol what’s more embarrassing is putting stock into preseason rankings. They mean zero. At least allow this team to compete on the court and prove that ranking wrong. So many new faces and lost our top 3 players from last year, of course we weren’t going to be projected top 4 in this league. I honestly think this is gonna be fun marshall team. Got a lot of interesting pieces.
lukerubin12 - I am with you! Very excited to see how the portalers, mixed in with the returning roster + the newbies mix. Esp. Chris Martin & Kevon, who I believe will be an upgrade over Taylor …….

Last edited:
Reactions: lukerubin12
You are correct. But the very thought that we are predicted that low in the SB is sickening. We'll see what happens. If Danny wins 20 games, it will likely be his best coaching effort thus far. jmo

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
If Danny wins 20 games, it will likely be his best coaching effort thus far. jmo
Are they playing that same bunch of non conference teams again this year, or a similar bunch that most people have never heard of, or at least couldn't tell you what state they're from? If that's the case, then once again, they'll start out okay, maybe going 8-5, 9-4. The same exact fans for the last 25 years will get excited, begin the chant of going to the big dance, but in the end, come mid-March, it will be no more than the annual token effort. Maybe give those same fans some 'hope' for next year by beating an HBCU school in the opening round of some alphabet, pay to play tournament.

By mid-summer, coach Dan will announce another return, and those same fans will begin to beat the drums once more.

Are they playing that same bunch of non conference teams again this year, or a similar bunch that most people have never heard of, or at least couldn't tell you what state they're from?

UPike
Les-McRae College
Queens
Radford
Utah State (Cayman Islands)
Akron/FIU (Cayman Islands)
TBD (Cayman Islands)
@UK
Little Miami
Duquesne
@Ohio
@Toledo