ADVERTISEMENT

Men going to baby and wedding showers?

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
WTF is this new thing? Really? Do you get to take your nut sacks or do you have to hand them over?

Screw that business.

Not this guy.

We have a guy in our tailgate group that actually missed the spring game for a baby shower. He was ripped without mercy for over two weeks by the rest of us.

I’m as family oriented as they come. They’re the most important thing in my life. But I would never ever go to a baby shower or wedding shower. Never ever. And the great thing is...my wife would never want me there. Never ever. This is why we’re happily married.

Along the same lines...do any of you guys ever hold your wife’s purse? Yesterday I was at Tortilla Factory and a couple was leaving and the wife had to go to the bathroom. So she hands her husband her purse and off he goes with it to the car. I know the whole masculine thing is nothing more than the social construct of our times and I really don’t care what other people think, but I just couldn’t make myself carry my wife’s purse. Even if it does match my shoes.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Not only do some fruitcakes go to baby/wedding showers these days, but some even follow it up by getting married on a football Saturday. That's basically throwing in the towel before the preacher pronounces you man and wife.

not surprising coming from a baby sitter

We can poke fun at extra for whatever; i usually disagree with him on most things....

But he watches his grand kids. I would KILL to have my old man watching my kids. I live far away from my family and would love to have help and care to watch my kids. If his retirement or financial situation is stable enough to be able to watch his grand kids more power to him.

There's no shame in watching kids. My wife has a professional degree and stays home with our three hellions and I'm so thankful she wants to do that and it makes our lives better/easier.

For me personally I probably wouldn't spend my retirement watching grand kids, but if you want to do that God bless you. I'm sure his kids appreciate it.

I won't pass up any opportunity to watch my grandsons. It is one of my greatest pleasures. I'm not sure how anyone can actually find negativity in anyone spending time with their grandkids. It's baby sitting when you get paid. It's spending time with people you want to be around when you don't.

We have all seen Wedding Crashers, I wonder how many guys crash baby/wedding showers.

88 could very well now be the biggest douche on the board.
nah, that'd be reserved for pansies like you who attend baby & wedding showers with their wife . . . significant other in your case, since you're gay.

Reactions: 19MU88
My co-residents threw us a baby shower with baby #1. It consisted of grilling out and beers with them giving us some really helpful gifts (at a time when we were on a tight budget) at the end of the night.

There are more "girly" baby showers for sure, but they're not all what you envision them to be.

I have never been to a wedding shower before.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Along the same lines...do any of you guys ever hold your wife’s purse? Yesterday I was at Tortilla Factory and a couple was leaving and the wife had to go to the bathroom. So she hands her husband her purse and off he goes with it to the car. I know the whole masculine thing is nothing more than the social construct of our times and I really don’t care what other people think, but I just couldn’t make myself carry my wife’s purse. Even if it does match my shoes.

That's absurd and surprising coming from you. Taking a purse out to the car is taboo or that uncomfortable for you?

I am sure there are countless times where a girlfriend/my mother has asked me to hold her purse while they try on clothes, go to a public bathroom, etc. I know of one time where we had walked about a block away from the car heading to a concert before the ex-girlfriend realized it would be a huge hassle to carry the purse all night. Instead of walking slowly back to the car and slowly back to where we were, I decided to take the purse back to the car by myself so that I could pick up the pace.

It's not like I am walking around with the shoulder strap on. Anyone who would see it would realize it's not mine.

This kind of stuff reminds me of some of my friends and acquaintances who thought they could shame me for driving my wife's pink MK cadillac. I just asked them what is the color of their free cadillac.

This kind of stuff reminds me of some of my friends and acquaintances who thought they could shame me for driving my wife's pink MK cadillac. I just asked them what is the color of their free cadillac.

Pink still looks like shit on a car. Real pink, I should say, not something like 1957 GM Sunset Glow , which is warm but not overbearing to the eyes. And I am actually a fan of pastels on certain cars.

I've heard the Mary Kay people don't have to get pink. Is that true?

Pink still looks like shit on a car. Real pink, I should say, not something like 1957 GM Sunset Glow , which is warm but not overbearing to the eyes. And I am actually a fan of pastels on certain cars.

I've heard the Mary Kay people don't have to get pink. Is that true?

I'm not crazy about pink on a car, but it looks a whole lot better when it's free, including free insurance and super cheap insurance for teenage kids, and we had 2.
Some MK cars are not pink, but I think pink is the only color of cadillac available through them. Or you can take equal value in cash as an alternative.

I'm not crazy about pink on a car, but it looks a whole lot better when it's free, including free insurance and super cheap insurance for teenage kids, and we had 2.
Some MK cars are not pink, but I think pink is the only color of cadillac available through them. Or you can take equal value in cash as an alternative.

At least it isn't black or silver. Too much black and silver on cars today.

Here's Chevy's color brochure from 1957. Some of these two-tones are beautiful. Adobe Beige and Sierra Gold on a Bel-Air? That would be pretty sweet.

Chevy-Colors-B.jpg

That's absurd and surprising coming from you. Taking a purse out to the car is taboo or that uncomfortable for you?

I am sure there are countless times where a girlfriend/my mother has asked me to hold her purse while they try on clothes, go to a public bathroom, etc. I know of one time where we had walked about a block away from the car heading to a concert before the ex-girlfriend realized it would be a huge hassle to carry the purse all night. Instead of walking slowly back to the car and slowly back to where we were, I decided to take the purse back to the car by myself so that I could pick up the pace.

It's not like I am walking around with the shoulder strap on. Anyone who would see it would realize it's not mine.

Come on...I was setting up my “purse matches the shoes” line...kinda...well...okay...I won’t carry my wife’s purse. Sorry to disappoint you.

Here’s something else we’ve reached an agreement on. I’m just no good when she mall shops. It drives me nuts. When I shop I know what I want and I go buy it. For her it’s more about the process. She walks around the same racks and can’t bring herself to buy something until we’ve walked circles around three or four stores. I’ll spend the whole time just saying buy it if you like it. About an hour later she ends up buying one of the first items she looked at. That just bewilders me. Now my wife and I have been married for 34 years. We are very happy together. We’re together almost all the time. But there’s things that we’re both into that the other isn’t. One side doesn’t have to submit to everything with the other. When she shops she either goes with any of our daughters or if I’m with her, I’ll go to the bar of one of the mall restaurants and have a beer or coffee and watch a sporting event on tv while she shops and we just meet later for dinner. She’s happy. I’m happy. Life is good.

Here's Chevy's color brochure from 1957. Some of these two-tones are beautiful. Adobe Beige and Sierra Gold on a Bel-Air? That would be pretty sweet.

Chevy-Colors-B.jpg

I think I'd have to agree on the color scheme you chose. But I'd like to see the india ivory/canyon coral in person before I chose. If the coral didn't look faded out, I might go with that.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

Chevy-Colors-B.jpg
Colours used to be so simple, now they have names such as Icelandic snow breeze and mystic sea.

Should we wait and allow the child to decide on which gender they prefer?

I have a lot of business interactions with those in the Great White North.
seriously, how many gender reveal parties have you been to? is that number proportionate to the number of dicks you've sucked?

Reactions: 19MU88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT