ADVERTISEMENT

Microsoft laying off 10,000

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
Those are high paying jobs too.

Some on here would lead you to believe that mush is a job creator.

He's destroying decent paying manufacturing jobs. Blue collar joe actually wears a green collar, all of which paid for by special interest liberals and of course, Ukraine and China.

Reactions: GeauxHerd
Yep. The big guy collects his rent while decent folk struggle.
Remember two years ago when inflation was low, income was on the rise (amongst all sectors, especially minority communities)? Sure we had odd 3am tweets but times were good.

Reactions: johns1124
I remember having to get up at 3am to take a piss, but not the tweets. It's part of growing old, I hear.
from what I've heard, so is getting a semiannual hardon. wait until you hit 70, i hear it goes from a semiannual hardon to an annual semi-hardon.

I see all those tweets or tik toks from those "day in the life of a tech worker" short videos and man I think the adult day care/"marketing"/"management" side of tech could certainly trim some fat.

I see all those tweets or tik toks from those "day in the life of a tech worker" short videos and man I think the adult day care/"marketing"/"management" side of tech could certainly trim some fat.
As a former tech worker, if you have time to post videos of anything but coding, testing, releases, meetings, & patching - it's hard to take any of those folks seriously. Especially ones where they arrive to work late, dick around, & leave early.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
As a former tech worker, if you have time to post videos of anything but coding, testing, releases, meetings, & patching - it's hard to take any of those folks seriously. Especially ones where they arrive to work late, dick around, & leave early.

That's because you're coding (ie doing the real work). I'm talking all these HR people, marketing, "development" folks.

That's because you're coding (ie doing the real work). I'm talking all these HR people, marketing, "development" folks.
We had ping pong tables & arcade games in our office. We used to refer to them as slacker traps.

The people coding/testing get along with customer support (if it’s not outsourced) but we effing hated anyone in sales. They had almost no understanding of coding & would promise everything under the sun just to close the deal. Unless a code-monkey was banging one of those Twitter hotties that got fired, I promise they’re not too distraught.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
Being a marketing or HR person at a big tech company has to be a sweet gig.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT