ADVERTISEMENT

Minimum Wage

Jartard

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 29, 2019
It appears like there is no need to raise wages as people don’t want to work for the current wage. What’s the liberal logic here?

There’s a shortage of workers across the board now, not a shortage of people that can work though.

They will replace them with "New Citizens".

Rather ingenious what they did. Made it more lucrative for Americans to sit home and collect Covid $$$. Claim Americans don't want to work, Pass amnesty, Import new workers (ahm, voters). Control Congress for eternity.

Blame it on lazy Americans.

New unemployed Americans, now are assigned to the CCC. Which was the plan all along.

Reactions: KyMUfan and Jartard
They will replace them with "New Citizens".
Shit, you ever been to a chicken plant? Or a meat plant? They are already filled with immigrants.

The rest of your post is just plain dumb. Why? There's no conspiracy. America has long relied on immigrants to do the shit work. Before that, slaves. Really this should be seen as a feature of capitalism...I mean, do you want to work in a chicken plant?

Reactions: Herd1972
Shit, you ever been to a chicken plant? Or a meat plant? They are already filled with immigrants.

The rest of your post is just plain dumb. Why? There's no conspiracy. America has long relied on immigrants to do the shit work. Before that, slaves. Really this should be seen as a feature of capitalism...I mean, do you want to work in a chicken plant?

Exactly, that's why there are H-2A visas. Apparently, they don't want the jobs either and that's why there is currently a shortage of workers. No shortage of immigrants, shortage of workers.

So, where are the H-2A visa recipients and immigrants who came across the border?

I can tell you working for contractors for a hell of a lot more than they would make at the plants. That's where.

I don't recall saying it was a conspiracy.

Business (used to be synonymous with Rs...not so much anymore esp for big corps) want the cheap labor. Ds want the votes.

No one willing to pay more for stuff that really matters like quality food or USA made high quality products...,so you get this mess.

Reactions: KyMUfan and Jartard
Business (used to be synonymous with Rs...not so much anymore esp for big corps) want the cheap labor. Ds want the votes.

No one willing to pay more for stuff that really matters like quality food or USA made high quality products...,so you get this mess.
Democrats are the party of big business and wall street. Thr tech companies have the power now just like the railroads and steel companies used to.

Apparently, they don't want the jobs either
That's what happens after Trump was sending ICE to the plants. It's going to take a little while to recover from that.
Bingo.

Unless you are the contractor who is losing jobs to underbids; because you Do pay taxes, you Do pay unemployment insurance for your employees, you Do hold withholding tax. You are penalized for doing legal business. All while your shady counterparts are cleaning house with illegals.

A good friend is a Mason Contactor. He deals with this all the time. Most of those counterparts, many of their illegals came here with the HB-2 (Agricultural) visa. Never made it to the job site. Ended up doing construction instead.

Democrats are the party of big business and wall street. Thr tech companies have the power now just like the railroads and steel companies used to.

Currently yes. But the immigration/border issue was piling up before this shift happening

Currently yes. But the immigration/border issue was piling up before this shift happening

It's been a problem since the Mid-90. No one knew about it. Here in So. Cal, we have been dealing with it in force since the Late 80's Early '90s. Now since it has spread. NIMBY has taken effect.

"California Proposition 187 (also known as the Save Our State (SOS) initiative) was a 1994 ballot initiative to establish a state-run citizenship screening system and prohibit illegal aliens from using non-emergency health care, public education, and other services in the State of California."

Passed in 94', Supreme Court shot it down.

There’s a shortage of workers across the board now, not a shortage of people that can work though.
The government is now the biggest competitor with businesses for employees, especially small businesses. As the government hasn't raised the minimum wage via legislation, it has artificially raised it via enhanced unemployment benefits.

Reactions: i am herdman
The government is now the biggest competitor with businesses for employees, especially small businesses. As the government hasn't raised the minimum wage via legislation, it has artificially raised it via enhanced unemployment benefits.
Exactly. They are paying people not to work. They are hurting small business.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Exactly. They are paying people not to work. They are hurting small business.

I have seen college students with part-time jobs earning $4k a year receive $10k in unemployment benefits this past year. Then the government excluded the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits from income, so it became in effect a $10k "gift" from the government. The system is broken and getting more broken by the minute.

I have seen college students with part-time jobs earning $4k a year receive $10k in unemployment benefits this past year. Then the government excluded the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits from income, so it became in effect a $10k "gift" from the government. The system is broken and getting more broken by the minute.
That is what they want. They want people dependent and addicted to them. That is why they will ride COVID out as long as they can. Guess what? We are who working and making the economy go are paying for it.

A friend I golf with works for the feds. They have been remote since COVID with no plans to go back anytime soon. He says he literally sends emails from 7 am to 8 am and then goofs off the rest of the day at home, golf course, mowing grass , etc. He laughs and says he works one hour a day every day.

That is what they want. They want people dependent and addicted to them. That is why they will ride COVID out as long as they can. Guess what? We are who working and making the economy go are paying for it.

A friend I golf with works for the feds. They have been remote since COVID with no plans to go back anytime soon. He says he literally sends emails from 7 am to 8 am and then goofs off the rest of the day at home, golf course, mowing grass , etc. He laughs and says he works one hour a day every day.
Exactly. They are milking the system. IRS is behind on processing returns, correspondence, etc. yet still paying employees to "not work" from home.

The interesting part is many businesses after covid are talking about adopting this business model, having a substantial employee base who works from home. Not sure how long it will last. My line of work computer programming/coding breeds work from home and off-site employees. I have been offered to work from home a few times and rejected it. The reasoning being seemed to me whenever a company downsizes. layoffs, or furlough. The first employees to go are the ones who are invisible, no one sees.

So when I have been asked to stay home 24/7. I usually say thanks, but no thanks.

Judging by all the now work remotely people moving to Nashville from NYC and Cali, I would say it is here to stay lol.
You would think that but, Apple is building a billion dollar plus campus in Raleigh, NC and 3,000 jobs. So, they are left leaning company from the left coast and they are building that facility. I agree overall things are going remote for a long time. But, Apple says they are doing that. GO figure.

Working remotely will be great for employers who want to figure out who to cut. Just send an e-mail out to the remote workers. Uhh, you don't do anything and we know it. You're gone.

That's why if I ever have to do it, I'll be looking for something where you still actually go to work. Staying at home pretending to work and waiting for checks to be deposited in the bank account seems like welfare. Not a real job.

I'd take it until they cut me off I guess, but I'd always think it was coming.

Working remotely will be great for employers who want to figure out who to cut. Just send an e-mail out to the remote workers. Uhh, you don't do anything and we know it. You're gone.

That's why if I ever have to do it, I'll be looking for something where you still actually go to work. Staying at home pretending to work and waiting for checks to be deposited in the bank account seems like welfare. Not a real job.

I'd take it until they cut me off I guess, but I'd always think it was coming.
That's why I haven't gone remote yet. I had them put it down in writing last summer that I could, and they agreed I could go find a new place up on a mountain side or up a holler. That, or a place down Southern Indiana or something similar. You know the rednecks down in Southern Indiana are as bad as the ones I grew up with in WV, maybe even a little worse. The ones in Indiana seem to be more dangerous to me, but it probably all falls back to me watching that Children of the Corn movie back in the 70s. When I see cornfields down there, all I see are the children with their weapons in their hands, just waiting for you to get close enough to where they can kill ya. That's why my blood pressure always raises when I go to Amish land with the old lady. Same thing there.

Getting back to this remote working though, I had them put it down in writing, but I just know I would be the first to go whenever they decided it was time to cut a salary. As long as I'm here in the building by myself, I don't think they'll fire me. I kind of act all weird around most of the people when some of them come in on occasion. The guy that would have to fire me thinks I'll go off my rocker most of the time, so he stays away from me. If he were to email fire me, I wouldn't read it, so I would just keep showing up for work until he told me in person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT