ADVERTISEMENT

More Attrition? Looks like maybe Nick Saban should be fired

Legendary for writing them checks for recruits and hiring yes men around him.
I am pretty sure that Nick has talked about turning over at least 10% of your roster each year, on top of the ones that are out of eligibility.

I am pretty sure that Nick has talked about turning over at least 10% of your roster each year, on top of the ones that are out of eligibility.

I think our attrition rate has been a tad more than 10% over the last 3-4 years.

I think our attrition rate has been a tad more than 10% over the last 3-4 years.
so you think we've lost more than 8-9 scholarship players a year on top of the ones who are out of eligibility?
I'd be a little surprised by that. BTW, IMO if they are not on scholarship, they dont count.

so you think we've lost more than 8-9 scholarship players a year on top of the ones who are out of eligibility?
I'd be a little surprised by that. BTW, IMO if they are not on scholarship, they dont count.
raf,750x1000,075,t,322e3f:696a94a5d4.u1.jpg

Reactions: C.K. Ocsevol-Evad
Here you're a Michigan man...
when you get this then we will talk about math..
x^2 + XY=20
y^2 +XY =30

PS show your work.
I can eyeball it and tell you that X = 2/5*square root of 50, which would be roughly 2.828.. Y would then be 3/5*square root of 50, which would be roughly 4.242. You can check my math if you choose to do so, but that's how I roll. Step by step? What is this, 8th grade math?

According to a poster who compiled lists of the 13,14 and 15 classes, our attrition is about 45%. Between those who signed and who Doc brought to campus.

Article says he was struck by a stray bullet while he was standing in a parking lot.

As a refresher, Dozier was shot while [UNKNOWN] by [UNKNOWN] because [UNKNOWN].

So from that I can say with 100% certainty that this is either the exact same thing happening, or any of an infinite variety of other things happening.

Well sluggo you asked the "Michigan" man to solve the problem and show his proof. And your grade on his solving the problem is:_____.

is that 45% per class per year or a total of 45%? just clarifying[/QUOTE

As I recall that was the total for the three years. One was worse than the other two, I don't recall specifics. Point being that figure may be the highest in the country or close. It's hard to be competitive when almost 50% of the players you recruit in a three year period play only one year, never see the field or make it to campus.

As he mentioned, it is 8th grade math, you tell me if he's correct
No, you asking for a step by step breakdown was 8th grade like. I simply eye balled the problem, quickly added the equations in my head, and divided both by the square root (since both included a squared value) to quickly come up with my answers. How did I fare?

No, you asking for a step by step breakdown was 8th grade like. I simply eye balled the problem, quickly added the equations in my head, and divided both by the square root (since both included a squared value) to quickly come up with my answers. How did I fare?
show your work and you'll know.

I am pretty sure the % included walk ons, which I don't think you can count.

You may correct but in Smocks article from the 26th, it seems the figures are based on who signed or/and NQ's that Doc brought in. Again, not sure about walk ons.

You may correct but in Smocks article from the 26th, it seems the figures are based on who signed or/and NQ's that Doc brought in. Again, not sure about walk ons.
relative to the attrition, after a 3-9 season, we probably needed to move from some of those players, all we can hope is we have better ones.
I hope we can have good weather for Saturday, we can all go out and enjoy some tailgating, and then enjoy a beat down of Miami!!!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
relative to the attrition, after a 3-9 season, we probably needed to move from some of those players, all we can hope is we have better ones.
I hope we can have good weather for Saturday, we can all go out and enjoy some tailgating, and then enjoy a beat down of Miami!!!

Let's hope the Joan has good cell reception. Wouldn't want you to miss your hourly Google search.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
is that 45% per class per year or a total of 45%? just clarifying
The enrolled retention rate for the 2013-2015 classes is now down to 41 of 82 (50%) scholarship recruits for those three classes. Our overall enrolled retention rate during the Doc Era is 55.36%, which is about 10-12% lower than what you normally want in order to maintain solid depth and experience in the program. The 2010-2012 classes that set up our strong teams in 2013-2015 only had a retention rate of 43.16%, but the 2011 class was extremely good with about 59% spending 4-years in the program and 32.4% being 5th year Seniors in 2015.

We have lost a total of 86 scholarship players, since the end of the 2015 season. Its ridiculous to be honest and the reason we are now closer to FCS scholarship totals than FBS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT