ADVERTISEMENT

More bad news for the left

murox

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
CBS hired a CPA to look at three different middle-class families to see how they would fare under the new tax plan. All of them thought their taxes would go up or they would see no benefit, because the left and the media are liars. Check out the video for a feel-good story about how Donald Trump is Making America Great Again.

What will taxes be when the bills finally come due?

Time will tell. If it's a disaster they can vote again and reset/repeal it.

We'll either grow the economy and be ok or have to cut spending. I'd be fine with cutting military spending and getting out of the Middle East.

Or we have to raise taxes later like you say.

There are a lot of scenarios out there. The soft science of the CBO or economics mixed with politics really isn't great at predicting these things (i.e. premiums will go down with Obamacare or the stimulus will be used for infrastructure or raising minimum wage willdo X or Y....these things are hard to predict with all the moving parts).

I like how liberals use the line of “well the personal tax cuts aren’t permanent.”

Ok, you you’d rather me pay higher taxes for that eight years? Great idea.

I like how liberals use the line of “well the personal tax cuts aren’t permanent.”

Ok, you you’d rather me pay higher taxes for that eight years? Great idea.
If I’m the gop my first vote after coming back from Christmas is a bill to make tax cuts permanent. Straight up no pork. Simple one page bill. Individual Tax rates beginning in 2018 shall not expire.

Yeah, why not make the national debt larger by being even more hypocritical. And let's ignore that it's probably illegal to pass that type of legislation.

Did you bring up the debt once when Obama’s was president?

No. And I wouldn't now except for the fact that you cons belly-ached his entire 8 years regarding the debt. I'm not concerned about the debt. I'm disgusted that your buddies have once again decided to choose to favor the rich over the non rich while "forgetting" your core principle.

No. And I wouldn't now except for the fact that you cons belly-ached his entire 8 years regarding the debt. I'm not concerned about the debt. I'm disgusted that your buddies have once again decided to choose to favor the rich over the non rich while "forgetting" your core principle.

You seem like the type that has been behind on your bills all your life You just accept it as the norm. It helps you build the entitlement case even more. Wanting the rich to pay your bill because of stupidity.

If I’m the gop my first vote after coming back from Christmas is a bill to make tax cuts permanent. Straight up no pork. Simple one page bill. Individual Tax rates beginning in 2018 shall not expire.

Good luck getting 60 votes. The expiration is required in the Senate to pass with simple majority. You also would be seen as thinking short: the expiration is beneficial strategically because if Dems control Congress at that time you get to force them to vote against extension. Your idea is playing checkers, not chess. Of course, none of that matters unless the GOP actually cuts spending (that's the only reason Dems would need to let the cuts die,if we just run up the debt like crazy who cares); it will be interesting to see who they are willing to piss off.

Good luck getting 60 votes. The expiration is required in the Senate to pass with simple majority. You also would be seen as thinking short: the expiration is beneficial strategically because if Dems control Congress at that time you get to force them to vote against extension. Your idea is playing checkers, not chess. Of course, none of that matters unless the GOP actually cuts spending (that's the only reason Dems would need to let the cuts die,if we just run up the debt like crazy who cares); it will be interesting to see who they are willing to piss off.
I understand why they were made to expire but Dems are already coming out saying the tax cuts for individuals should have been made permanent, see Bernie and manchins recent interviews. Get them on record before midterms. Either they care about the little guy or they don't

I understand why they were made to expire but Dems are already coming out saying the tax cuts for individuals should have been made permanent, see Bernie and manchins recent interviews. Get them on record before midterms. Either they care about the little guy or they don't

I agree with them, if business tax cuts are "permanent" then so should be individual cuts. The bigger argument would be if large corporations are already flush with cash (and they are) this is not the time to cut taxes. But that's probably beyond the understanding of half of Americans.

Reactions: extragreen
I am just waiting to see what companies move their hq back to America which was the big reason for the corporate tax change per Trump. I’m not saying it won’t happen but haven’t heard any of that yet

I am just waiting to see what companies move their hq back to America which was the big reason for the corporate tax change per Trump. I’m not saying it won’t happen but haven’t heard any of that yet

It's been less than a week since the plan passed. I'm thinking it will take a large, multinational corporation more than 3-4 days to decide to relocate their hq.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
The bigger argument would be if large corporations are already flush with cash (and they are) this is not the time to cut taxes. But that's probably beyond the understanding of half of Americans.

This is such a ridiculous comment. Most corporations are not "flush with cash." If they were, they wouldn't be forced to make the tough decisions they have to make. This is nothing more than a false talking point from the left, and you should know better.

It's been less than a week since the plan passed. I'm thinking it will take a large, multinational corporation more than 3-4 days to decide to relocate their hq.

Liberals always stay in their box: Bitch, bitch, bitch and try to impose their ideologies on everyone. They try to play like they are more intelligent than others. I laugh at some of the 1000 plus word posts by the so-called intellect(s) on this board.

I do not need the government to take care of me, or, do my thinking.

Funny how you say that right AFTER a trillion dollar debt causing bill.

I would start by making the millennials pay off the 1.5 trillion dollars in student loan debt. 45% of them are behind.

Your hero Bernie Sanders said government should pay off. Rich should pay for this, right?

I would start by making the millennials pay off the 1.5 trillion dollars in student loan debt. 45% of them are behind.

Your hero Bernie Sanders said government should pay off. Rich should pay for this, right?

It's not all, but part of this is students making poor choices (100k liberal arts degrees)...and another big part is schools having zero skin in the game getting guaranteed loans with no consequence to handing out worthless degrees. This is true of both for profit and not for profit colleges.

As Nassim Taleb talks about, "you've got to have skin in the game". ..and higher ed has none and no incentive to keep costs/loans down.

Reactions: big_country90
ADVERTISEMENT