ADVERTISEMENT

More Climate Science GK. ;)

That would be positive if it holds up. I like the fact that this was a multinational team conducting the study. I also like that the team expects full scrutiny of their results. I'm always looking for ties to special interest on these things and there doesn't appear to be any. Nice find.

GK, going back to our discussion the other day. Heard a meteorologist the other day say that Global Warming should actually cut down on the number of hurricanes as Global Warming, in theory, should cause wind shear which hurts development. He said it in theory could make hurricanes stronger by 2% to 11% but there is not definitive data at this point. He said, so a 100mph wind perhaps becomes a 111 mph wind. Either way, you are hosed. Not enough evidence on rainfall amounts as that usually has to do with the speed at which they are moving. Irma had relatively low rain amounts while Harvey and even some Cat 1's(like Matthew in NC last year when it hit) were tremendous rain producers. Harvey was off the charts because it stalled.

GK, going back to our discussion the other day. Heard a meteorologist the other day say that Global Warming should actually cut down on the number of hurricanes as Global Warming, in theory, should cause wind shear which hurts development. He said it in theory could make hurricanes stronger by 2% to 11% but there is not definitive data at this point. He said, so a 100mph wind perhaps becomes a 111 mph wind. Either way, you are hosed. Not enough evidence on rainfall amounts as that usually has to do with the speed at which they are moving. Irma had relatively low rain amounts while Harvey and even some Cat 1's(like Matthew in NC last year when it hit) were tremendous rain producers. Harvey was off the charts because it stalled.

Others theorize decreased wind sheer over the Plains and less tornadoes, because tornadoes love sheer. The fact is no one knows. I think the effects on ocean temps are the easiest to figure out.

Others theorize decreased wind sheer over the Plains and less tornadoes, because tornadoes love sheer. The fact is no one knows. I think the effects on ocean temps are the easiest to figure out.
The biggest issue I could see with it would be storm surge and flooding. If the ocean levels are higher then you obviously would have more water when the storm makes landfall.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

That's my biggest complaint with both sides. One side says we need to go back to the dark ages and the other side says burn all the coal. Let's all just find the happy medium

That's my biggest complaint with both sides. One side says we need to go back to the dark ages and the other side says burn all the coal. Let's all just find the happy medium

I am talking about a very specific and localized effect. It would be a stretch to take that to mean find a happy medium. Hell, I'd think fewer Plains tornadoes would make Oklahoma quit fracking lol.

I am talking about a very specific and localized effect. It would be a stretch to take that to mean find a happy medium. Hell, I'd think fewer Plains tornadoes would make Oklahoma quit fracking lol.
I'm talking generalities with climate change

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT