ADVERTISEMENT

More from the (former) party of free speech...

Confusing freedom of speech with freedom from consequences again huh?

That memo is extremely reasonable. How many jobs do you think you can go boo people at a ceremony while on duty and everything will just be fine?

That memo is extremely reasonable. How many jobs do you think you can go boo people at a ceremony while on duty and everything will just be fine?

No confusion here - I don't claim to be a libertarian... Just more hypocrisy from your side.

Apply that to college graduations, campuses, students and faculties and you might have an argument. Until then you don't.

@HerdandHokies

Speaking of decorum...

images

Go into your next staff meeting and start booing and see what happens. Now of course we all know there's a double standard for some political (D)ebate but if you do the crime then you gotta do the time.

Go into your next staff meeting and start booing and see what happens. Now of course we all know there's a double standard for some political (D)ebate but if you do the crime then you gotta do the time.

This wasn't a staff meeting now was it? It was more of a political event. What is a polarizing political figure doing at this event other than to score political points and be the center of attention? And that's exactly what happened and what she wanted to happen. The firefighters played right into her hand.

She wasn't there to honor the NYFD's first female African-American chaplain. Even during the prayer she made it about herself...

Wait and see if it doesn't come out that she is a self-absorbed narcissist.

Reactions: rvntx
This wasn't a staff meeting now was it? It was more of a political event. What is a polarizing political figure doing at this event other than to score political points and be the center of attention? And that's exactly what happened and what she wanted to happen. The firefighters played right into her hand.

She wasn't there to honor the NYFD's first female African-American chaplain. Even during the prayer she made it about herself...

Wait and see if it doesn't come out that she is a self-absorbed narcissist.
That same chaplain was the one that invited her to speak. And of course she is a self absorbed narcissist. It's a requirement for getting into politics. A promotion ceremony isn't a political event

That same chaplain was the one that invited her to speak.

I understand that. I never said the chaplain was intelligent. She got what she was asking for. The ceremony ceased being about her when the AG took the stage...

And of course she is a self absorbed narcissist. It's a requirement for getting into politics.

Not necessarily a requirement. There are some exceptions.

A promotion ceremony isn't a political event

Sure it isn't... Then why are politicians ALWAYS at certain ones instead of friends, families and coworkers???

When you're on the Left, everything is dismissible as long as you say so.

They make up their own rules because they don't fit in with the rest of the world. Theirs is one of fantasy and delusion, and, more importantly, one without consequence.
__________trumptard

I understand that. I never said the chaplain was intelligent. She got what she was asking for. The ceremony ceased being about her when the AG took the stage...

Not necessarily a requirement. There are some exceptions.

Sure it isn't... Then why are politicians ALWAYS at certain ones instead of friends, families and coworkers???
You ever been to a conference where a political figure was a speaker? Just because the person is a political figure doesn't make it a political appearance/speech.

they learned how to do this by watching all the liberal college students scream and shout at every conservative speaker from Ben Shapiro to Charlie Kirk at state funded universities across America.

Reactions: rvntx and KyMUfan
429 has a valid argument. If these firemen were in uniform and on duty, there's a code of conduct, expectations for behavior, whatever which doesn't include acting out during an organized meeting.

HOWEVER, the part that's complete bullshit is, had they been doing this to a Republican official, nothing would have been said.

429 has a valid argument. If these firemen were in uniform and on duty, there's a code of conduct, expectations for behavior, whatever which doesn't include acting out during an organized meeting.

HOWEVER, the part that's complete bullshit is, had they been doing this to a Republican official, nothing would have been said.

And that is the very point I was making. I even said they played into her hands by doing it. Then she made the entire event about herself and played the victim card. She wants to prove she's bigger than the Governor, bigger than the NRA, bigger than Trump and bigger than the NYPD...

"James, at the end of her speech Thursday, asked the incoming chaplain to pray for firefighters, including those who “might even be booing me.”

“Pray for those firefighters who stood with me when my mother was dying, and they worked on her for an hour in my house, not knowing who I was. And I thank them. I thank those members of FDNY who worked on her body and prayed over her body when she died,” James said. “Some may even be here. Some might even be booing me. But nonetheless, I pray for them.”"

Reactions: mlblack16.
You ever been to a conference where a political figure was a speaker? Just because the person is a political figure doesn't make it a political appearance/speech.

You are making the wrong argument with me. But in your example here why is that individual a speaker at the conference? Because they are a politician...

And any conference or meeting I have attended didn't have such a lightning rod of a politician as a speaker. Go back and read what I posted: They played into her hands and now everyone is talking about her and not the chaplain and all the other promotions of the day.

The one exception was some public school teachers acting the fool while a governor was speaking but that's OK since they are untouchable...

Now answer me this. How many times have faculty members, on the job, acted similar when a campus speaker they disagreed with was scheduled either for an event or graduation?

But that's evidently not a problem, it's a sign of a healthy democracy...

And I assume this event was open to families and friends. Are the firefighters going to be punished for the actions of their guests???

Mark my words. This will turn out to be a political setup. They NYFD has been a target for years about racial and gender discrimination, nepotism, etc. AG James has a long and recent history of vehemently going after her political enemies. If the NYFD wasn't one before they are now...

That same chaplain was the one that invited her to speak.

Are you sure? It seems this is regular event for multiple promotions not just the one we are hearing about. Here are a couple of links to last year's events. Same approximate time and same place. No mention of controversial political speakers...

Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh will preside at the promotion ceremony of Assistant Chiefs, Deputy Assistant Chiefs, Deputy Chiefs, Battalion Chiefs, Captains, and Lieutenants on Tuesday, February 7 at 10 a.m. at the Christian Cultural Center, 12020 Flatlands Avenue, Brooklyn. The ceremony can be viewed live on the Department’s website,

"On Friday, February 17, 2023 the FDNY held a promotion ceremony for 84 members from the FDNY Bureau of Fire Prevention at the FDNY Fire Academy on Randall’s Island. These members were promoted to the ranks of: Supervising Inspector, Deputy Chief Inspector, and Chief Inspector."

The FDNY is being politicized and it appears to be from within and at the top...

I'll provide the Cliff notes on the new FDNY Fire Commissioner... She checks most of the boxes...

"Last February, after fire commissioner Daniel Nigro retired, Mayor Eric Adams named Kavanagh as Nigro’s interim successor, calling her “a born leader who will guide this department with distinction.”"

"“I’m not a first responder,” she says. “But all big entities need people who are good at running things, and that’s what I’ve done my whole career.”"

"Kavanagh entered city government as an aide to Mayor Bill de Blasio ’87SIPA and joined the FDNY in 2014 as assistant commissioner of external affairs."

"Kavanagh grew up in California. Her mother was a teacher, and her father worked for the phone company. She studied political science at Whittier College, then moved to New York and became a community organizer,"

If they bring in a partisan hack I will. You don’t want outbursts don’t bring someone like her in to speak. She has nothing to do with the fire department of its operations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT