ADVERTISEMENT

Morehead State game

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
guess all the excitement for bb has already gone. Game is almost over and this is first post. By the way we are up 60-39 with 11 minutes to go

Nice win, but over a bad team. Ball movement and defense were better but hard to judge due to competition.

They’ve been tough to watch over the last few games. It’s disappointing that a team with this many returning players didn’t have their A game from the start. We have lost any chance at an at-large bid by now and have to hope we win the CUSA tourney to make it to the NCAA. I don’t see an NIT bid with our OOC losses mounting up.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Nice win, but over a bad team. Ball movement and defense were better but hard to judge due to competition.

They’ve been tough to watch over the last few games. It’s disappointing that a team with this many returning players didn’t have their A game from the start. We have lost any chance at an at-large bid by now and have to hope we win the CUSA tourney to make it to the NCAA. I don’t see an NIT bid with our OOC losses mounting up.
If we win the CUSA regular season, we get an automatic NIT bid.

I don’t know a lot of x’s and o’s, but it seems we get beat off the dribble pretty consistently. Then our help defense w/o Bennett on the floor is weak. Jahnsen is really improving, and I’m starting to see some from Beyers.....Shoestitch still a work in progress....

Reactions: herdinatl
I don’t know a lot of x’s and o’s, but it seems we get beat off the dribble pretty consistently. Then our help defense w/o Bennett on the floor is weak. Jahnsen is really improving, and I’m starting to see some from Beyers.....Shoestitch still a work in progress....
Jannson is a guy that needs to be in rhythm. Unless he can hit a shot early, he loses his confidence IMO. Bennett is improving daily.
Yes Sustic is a work in progress. Danny really wants to be able to use him, thus he gave him another shot last night.
Beyers can be a BIG asset to the team with his shooting and his length. I thought he gave us, by far, his best minutes last night.

Morehead has wins over Ky Christian, UMKC, and something named OU-Chillicothe. Not much interest for this one.

Exactly. Most MU fans have always considered MSU to be an inferior program every year. MU just beat a team with one DI win at home. The only news is if it does not do so.

It now disappears from the home court for a month, to take on 6-3 preseason #2 MAC E Akron, an SEC team in Texas A&M, 9-0 Virginia, currently ranked 3rd in the country, 7-3 ODU the preseason #4 in CUSA who is actually living up to its hype, and a bad UNCC team, before limping home to face a WKU team that has played well against a step up schedule.

Meanwhile North Texas has lost one game, at 8-1 Oklahoma.

Yes. We will find out in a hurry what are chances are. We open the conference season with the 2 top contenders in our first 3 games. ODU on the road Jan 3 and WKU here on the 12th.
I'll be surprised if we make the top group based on the way we are playing. A regular season title is a dream.

Jannson is a guy that needs to be in rhythm. Unless he can hit a shot early, he loses his confidence IMO. Bennett is improving daily.
Yes Sustic is a work in progress. Danny really wants to be able to use him, thus he gave him another shot last night.
Beyers can be a BIG asset to the team with his shooting and his length. I thought he gave us, by far, his best minutes last night.
Agreed. Mikel showed much more confidence last night. He hit his spots on offense and the rebounding was much more aggressive....

If we win the CUSA regular season, we get an automatic NIT bid.

With what I have seen so far, I don’t think that is going to happen. Not saying they can’t get hot again and make a run in the tournament, but they have a LONG way to go to be in the top of the conference.

Random may I suggest you read all the posts that follow yours in this thread for a reality check. Sure I hope we do well but as for now it does not look like a team effort but simply relying on Elmore and Burks and the teams that shut them down we lose.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Sure I hope we do well

This. I do not get this fanbase. In basketball, those of us who question the direction of the basketball program are some how painted as wanting us to lose and shown the fact that, like 187 others teams, we have won at least one (in our case, exactly one) NCAA game is some how proof of how wrong we are. Meanwhile, a coach with a far better winning %age, in a league built around football where multiple teams make a token effort at basketball, is vilified, as is an AD who has fixed the mess KO left and built and built and built stuff and is building again.

I don't get it.

Go Herd.

Reactions: chuck1069
I am with you on the 2nd part, Sam. DD has worked wonders for our b-ball program. He has a plan! Mike has done a great job imo. Came into a less-than-great situation and has checked all the right boxes. If (!) Baseball stadium pans out, icing on the cake. BUT - the cake is already tasting pretty damn good.
Go Herd!! Beat the Zips..

Reactions: chuck1069
ADVERTISEMENT