ADVERTISEMENT

Moss Eligible for the Football Hall of Fame Next Year

Moss will easily be a 1st ballot guy. I wish he had ended his career on a decent team that would have used him better. Really wish he had worked out with the Pats.

Reactions: Elkview
Character matters to many who vote in HOF ballots. More so in baseball than football but perceived character issues will likely cost Moss a 1st year ballot vote.

Moss will be a first ballot hall of famer. His "character" won't matter. In every article or story I have ever read or watched about the greatest WR of all time, Moss is always listed second. Whether it's ESPN or NFL network or various newspapers, websites, he is always listed right behind Jerry Rice.
He won't be unanimous because there will always be some jerk who won't vote for him because of a bias that they have against him but he will definitely have enough votes to get in.

Due in part to some of his antics , my bet , he does not make it on the first ballot , just the powers that be making him wait. You have to wonder if its all that big of a deal to Moss , so , if he does not make it next year he needs to be quiet and let it slide , next vote , he is in.

Due in part to some of his antics , my bet , he does not make it on the first ballot , just the powers that be making him wait. You have to wonder if its all that big of a deal to Moss , so , if he does not make it next year he needs to be quiet and let it slide , next vote , he is in.

I'll take that bet all day

A big part of it is how friendly or accommodating you were with the media. We all know how Randy feels about the media.

Reactions: andy4theherd
i won't be surprised if Randy gets left out on the 1st ballot simply for giving the MSM the "Trump" treatment

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
The big difference between Moss and TO is that Moss' behavior softened in his later years, and he retired with gas still in the tank. TO went out on a downward spiral, and its still hurting him to this day.

Moss has been on TV since he retired; he's a cartoon character now, not a pariah.

Moss is/was 1000 times more likable than TO ever was. He acted up from time to time, but he never attempted to gut a team and then bail.

I've always loved Moss.

The guy got Brad Johnson in the pro bowl then in the twilight of his career Randall Cunningham looks like a stud. Then Culpepper comes in and looks OK (slowest release ever, tons of fumbles though) because he can just chuck it deep to Moss. Then Culpepper leaves and does pretty much nothing post Minnesota.

Moss puts up HUGE numbers with Brad Johnson, geriatric Randall Cunningham, and Culpepper. He didn't have Joe Montana or Steve Young tossing him passes.

If he's not a first ballot hall of fame guy then I don't know who should be.

Randy got Daunte Culpepper on the cover of Madden. That should get you into the hall right there.

Randy never got to the level of "cancer" anywhere except for that quick, ill-fated return to Minnesota. So long as he was playing for a winner, he was a quiet workhorse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT