ADVERTISEMENT

Most disliked player on a team Marshall has faced

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
Was trying to think of a few, and for some reason, the fat kicker for Central Florida stands out to me, and I'm not even sure why.

Who are some others?

Heres one that goes back to the early 80's; Felipe De La Posas not sure thats the correct spelling

Reactions: overherd12
Football - Roethlisberger and/or the entire little Miami team.

Basketball - Gay Elmore but should get a pardon now, Jonathan Moore from Furman or UofL's Darrell "Sucker Punch" Griffith.

My earliest memory of Marshall basketball is watching the Herd play at Marquette and thinking I can't stand Allie McGuire. When I was old enough to understand what happened with that game my instincts must have been correct...

Isn't he the guy Jim Davidson punched during the game?
Yes he was. Unfortunately for Jim his punch brought on John Brisker who was a B A D M A N. Order was restored before Brisker could reek havoc. EVERYBODY feared JB, even his ABA teammates.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Yes he was. Unfortunately for Jim his punch brought on John Brisker who was a B A D M A N. Order was restored before Brisker could reek havoc. EVERYBODY feared JB, even his ABA teammates.
He was ejected so often for fighting that he was nicknamed "the heavyweight champion of the ABA." The Condors made much of Brisker's reputation as an enforcer; their media guide portrayed him wearing a pair of six-shooters.

Reactions: GreenDuke
Willie was giving DD the business and JD ran full court and laid him out. Trust me JD did not go after Brisker

C'mon guys, don't you all remember Louisville's basketball team under Denny Crum (Bum) and their Drs. of Dunk squad that came to the Old Field House? Hard fought emotional game and during the heat of battle their "star", Darrel Griffith, All American, totally sucker punched Greg White, leading an enraged mad Buffalo named Ken "Labo" Labanowski to go after Griffith, resulting in a brawl. Post game remarks by Crum trashed MU and its program, although his team's star "thug" initiated the whole fracas! That night Louisville eternally earned their rightful and accurate description, as ordained by most University of Kentucky fans: " U of SMELL"!!!!!!

C'mon guys, don't you all remember Louisville's basketball team under Denny Crum (Bum) and their Drs. of Dunk squad that came to the Old Field House? Hard fought emotional game and during the heat of battle their "star", Darrel Griffith, All American, totally sucker punched Greg White, leading an enraged mad Buffalo named Ken "Labo" Labanowski to go after Griffith, resulting in a brawl. Post game remarks by Crum trashed MU and its program, although his team's star "thug" initiated the whole fracas! That night Louisville eternally earned their rightful and accurate description, as ordained by most University of Kentucky fans: " U of SMELL"!!!!!!
And…..as the crowd grew more and more enraged, came the chant: “Loueyville sucks, Loueyville SUCKS!!” over & over….it was a madhouse that night!!

Reactions: 19MU88
I remember and was at that game. See my earlier post. Unfortunately I was stuck in the middle of the Tri-State UofL Alumni Club and was the only Herd fan in the section...☹

And…..as the crowd grew more and more enraged, came the chant: “Loueyville sucks, Loueyville SUCKS!!” over & over….it was a madhouse that night!!
As I recall the fight started with Harley Major and a UL player and as it hit going White was sucker punched by DG and then all hell broke lose. I recall the Louisville sux chant.

How about the infamous 1983 fight (David Wade vs. Lester Rowe) that led to every Herd fans favorite opposing player Tim Austin!!

Last edited:
Rothlesberger, once intereviewed, was asked why he chose LIttle Miami. His response, they told me I could be the next Chad Pennington at Miami.

As I recall the fight started with Harley Major and a UL player and as it hit going White was sucker punched by DG and then all hell broke lose. I recall the Louisville sux chant.
If I recall Greg White was coming up from behind to restrain DG and Griffith turned around and popped him right in the face. White was just trying to be a peacemaker in the melee. After the game Griffith said, "yeah, I hit the dude...".

The dude that punched Greg White. Or was he the most loved opponent?

I never did like this guy, Lance Fulse or the UT Chatanooga basketball team. They were darn good in the 80's They also had Gerald Wilkins. Mack McCarthy, their coach , was good to trade barbs with.

Fulse_Lance.jpg

I never did like this guy, Lance Fulse or the UT Chatanooga basketball team. They were darn good in the 80's They also had Gerald Wilkins. Mack McCarthy, their coach , was good to trade barbs with.

Fulse_Lance.jpg
I don't remember Fulse. I do remember some great games with UTC. One that sticks out was a regular season game at The Cam. One point game and we did a clear out - probably for Jeff Battle. Gerald Wilkins stripped him and took it down for a dunk. He quieted 9k or 10k real quick...☹

I don't remember Fulse. I do remember some great games with UTC. One that sticks out was a regular season game at The Cam. One point game and we did a clear out - probably for Jeff Battle. Gerald Wilkins stripped him and took it down for a dunk. He quieted 9k or 10k real quick...☹
Yehh he and the Mocs were really good. Fulse was like a 6 ft 6 center built like Charles Barkley. Really good player

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT