ADVERTISEMENT

My Final Reason Why Marshall FB Rebounds from Last Season

JudgeDD

Silver Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2010
This is a Deep Roster

Yes, I think there is depth in certain areas of the Marshall football roster. But that isn't what I'm talking about here. I'm referring to the Marshall Rivals Football Forums roster. I know everyone who reads/posts on these forums is not necessarily a Marshall fan. Some there are old hands and newbies, die-hards and fair-weather fans, cheerleaders and trolls, those who bleed green and those whose loyalties lie elsewhere, Sunday-morning QBs and those who chug the green kool-aid. But all here contribute to the community. We learn, argue, antagonize, support, educate, and commensurate, all in our unique ways. And we are about the embark on yet another Marshall Football season. So I am here to celebrate everyone that is a part of the MRFF, and recognize the power of Herd Nation and Old Fairfield in turning around last season's aberration.

@blevins
@Dog Rescueer
@Herditall
@JCT1
@Jeepers Creepers
@lexkyherdfan
@MU ATO
@Stone_Cold

The Old Guards. '01. The posters above all have '01 dates on their member status. Now I realize that may not all be as a Marshall fan. (I myself have been a Rivals member since 2010, but only a part of the Marshall board since 2014) But still, that's a long time to be around and it should be recognized. And a shout-out to @Stone_Cold, who registers over 46k messages - #1 among those I'm listing on today's roster. Now that's a lot of posts!

@5150
@Dick Ash
@mike48
@Garbanjo
@gunnerbj
@Herdon2
@HuntersvilleHerd
@MUtim07
@old buzzard
@Sash19
@slyde12theherd
@thundermax

Lots of Playing Time. '03, '04, '05. The '03-'05 recruiting classes brought in some wily veterans. @Herdon2 leads this group with over 10k posts, but @Garbanjo and @Sash19 are in the respectful 5k range. Roster Master @Dick Ash is also over 5k. (I'm sure he would have done a much better job of putting this roster together.) And yet some prefer to play the backup role. Mike48, for instance, despite being a member since '02, has yet to post. He does show up in the 'Likes" stats though, so we know he's out there reading.

@19MU88
@alphasig1053
@ARandomHerdFan
@beefcake0520
@bigoherd2
@captain jb22
@Chris McLaughlin
@Dunk#7
@Fulci26
@goherd13
@Herd4ever07
@herddds
@Herdmeister
@i am herdman
@imherdfan
@jeremycriss
@marshallisqbu
@MarshallManiac
@mufan08
@pdbailey
@sluggo72

What A Year! '06. 2006 brought in a strong group that are still in the starting lineup today, and this single year is considered by many (an anonymous many, like when the president says, "The words I spoke today were loved by many, many people.") to be the second-best recruiting class in MRFF history. Only four of these posters are under 1k messages, and five are over 10k, including @ARandomHerdFan, @jeremycriss, and @pdbailey. Head Cheerleader @Chris McLaughlin is also in the 10k+ group. (Love reading him but I don't think he has the legs for the skirt.) However, this year's stars are led by All-Conference @i am herdman, who is #3 overall at over 40k posts. Wow! And I see you in there @19MU88 and @Herd4ever07. Big numbers also for @alphasig1053, @MarshallManiac, and @marshallisqbu. Lastly, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention a relatively quiet player here. @sluggo72 may not have the starts of some of the others, but I have to recognize his recent game against a formidable foe. The fight has been exceedingly tedious and functionally meaningless, but points for fighting deep into the fourth quarter. I'd love to award you the win but let's be honest, there were never going to be any winners in that game.

@andy4theherd
@dherd
@Elkview
@goherd73
@Greenbloodedstill
@GreenDuke
@herdalicious
@HubbMU
@jmac95
@jocktalker
@Josh Stowers
@mubasebalking
@NKY_HerdFan
@Raoul Duke MU
@RhinoD
@sisterville
@TDherd!
@The Real SamC
@ThunderCat98
@ToesMU
@TwolfHerdfan
@UBeenThunderStruck
@wisemaniac
@wvkeeper(HN)

Hall of Fame. '07. The recruiting class of '07 is the only one that leads the '06 group, in both numbers and playing time. Though there are seven under 1k, there are also seven over the 10k mark. @Raoul Duke MU leads the class with a #2 overall 43k. Amazing! @wvkeeper(HN) and @sistersville come in strong over 20k. And @andy4theherd, @herdalicious, @ToesMU, and @TwolfHerdfan all top the 10k standard. Props to @dherd, @GreenDuke, @mubaseballking, @The Real SamC, @ThunderCat98, and @wisemaniac for impressive numbers. And how could I forget to mention our beloved Drum Major, @Josh Stowers, for not only bringing the 8k stats, but for the quality of those posts. Keep leading the band!

@GeorgeDickel
@Herd! Fever
@HerdFan73
@jdf12550
@RedParallax
@bgr28
@Herd1972
@Herd68
@HerdBuckeye
@Herd-in-ATL
@Tim Hensley
@bbneutralfan
@BleedsGreen33
@C.K. Ocsevol-Evad
@HerdFan1971
@HerdonMU
@jkcoltsfan18
@numotwvu342
@portico
@raleighherdfan
@Y.A.G Si Ye Nots
@Dorrej
@HerdFan76
@jrod64
@KellyGreenAlumni
@Smithmu12

Questionable Recruiting. '08, '09, '10, and '11. Sure, these classes brought the threat of NCAA sanctions, but hey, we've all had our issues from time to time. To paraphrase an anonymous member of this class,, let's not throw glass stones. Notable posters under 10k include the outspoken @GeorgeDickel and the underappreciated @raleighherdfan. Former prop, @Herd Fever, leads this group with 26k posts. Close behind with 22k is the ubiquitous @BleedsGreen33. And while there are no other big scorers in this list, many are current starters and stars. And yes, the infamous @Y.A.G Si Ye Nots' eligibility has put a cloud over this group. But the fact is that authorities have never proved that he has played under several varying and childishly obscure names, or that his ego exceeds NCAA, or human, decency. For now he continues to play under a waiver.

@A Cousin From Richmond
@Herd In the Plains
@Marine03
@ohio herd
@TheGreenhouseEffect
@Treadmill MUsic
@Ninegate
@Cherobee
@herdit44
@jbherd
@oldeherd
@Surbadger
@WV_Celt
@CarolinaHerdZilla22
@Clarence Woodworth
@Herdfaninnoke
@HERDWIG
@JKilley
@tradebait

Inexperienced but Promising. '12, '13, '14, '15. Obviously, these players haven't been around long enough to challenge for career stats, but watch out for @Herd In the Plains and @Marine03, both '12 recruits and over the 7k mark. Props for @ohio herd and @Treadmill MUsic, just because I've enjoyed many of their posts. And welcome to all the Bee supporters in this group. As you know, I'm a fan of that young man, as well. @HERDWIG - clever name.

@Bison4ever
@cottrell75
@goherdorgohome2
@MarcoMonster
@mindblown42
@All4TheHerd
@Bankerreturns
@Dreh_Nagi_HC_IM
@ilmherfan
@mlblack16

Eh...Freshmen. '16, '17. The MRFF welcomes you all to the team. Though some of you redshirted and haven't seen the field much, there is much excitement surrounding your potential. @cottrell75 started in '16 as a true freshman and put up over 2k in posts. And prolific true freshman @ilmherdfan has already topped the 2k mark, all in '17! A special welcome to perhaps our newest @PullmanFinger, whose membership date, as of this posting, still reads simply FRIDAY.

~

Sorry for those left off the roster. Without the help of @Dick Ash, I had some difficulty distinguishing between the BlueShirts, GreyShirts, and NoSHITS. If you haven't posted recently, or I just flat missed you, please feel free to add your name to the roster. We are just a few days away from a much anticipated new season, and we are going to need all the help we can get. Cheer for this Marshall Football Team. Criticize when appropriate, but don't forget the sacrifices these athletes have given to wear the Green & White (& Black?). Fill the stadium, regardless of the rain (it always rains on Marshall game days), the opponent, or the record. The 2017 season is here and it will only happen once. Go Herd!

The depth of the Marshall Rivals Football Forums roster is the final reason why I think Marshall Football rebounds from last season.

Great post. The weird part though, is that the leading poster is actually a WVU fan. 46,000 posts here on the non-rivals board.

Also, Dreh was once a Herd great, earning All-American status several years back. He was cut by the team (literally), and went North to play for a couple of seasons prior to gaining entry back onto the Herd squad prior to Spring ball. He was given an old jersey with a weird name, but supposedly has over 11,000 posts.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
Great post. The weird part though, is that the leading poster is actually a WVU fan. 46,000 posts here on the non-rivals board.

Also, Dreh was once a Herd great, earning All-American status several years back. He was cut by the team (literally), and went North to play for a couple of seasons prior to gaining entry back onto the Herd squad prior to Spring ball. He was given an old jersey with a weird name, but supposedly has over 11,000 posts.

I lack the history and personal knowledge of so many on the roster (and missed). Thanks for filling me in on a valued Michigan poster.

great job!! here's hoping for:
1) a Herd Win
2) a Herd beat down!!
3) no injuries
4) good weather so all, players, coaches, fans, can enjoy the game!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT