ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts on Marshall vs Glenville

Aaron Perkins

Jan 9, 2006
Huntington
My first thought is it was great to be a the Cam watching a bball game, but my mind is still 100 percent on football. Seems early for bball.

I love the new floor. I wasnt sure what my thoughts were going to be when I saw the pictures, but in person, big fan. Another new addition is new courtside black plush looking chairs and they look very nice.

On to the game, starting with some things that are going to need to improve.

Three point shooting
Getting the ball inbounds and over half court.

Struggled at times, especially early, got a little better as the game went along, but there were still a few moments/lapses, where we stopped moving. We do not seem to have that go-to shooter just yet. Cam Brooks Harris actually steps into his shot a little better than anyone else. Beyers when open tends to knock it down as well.

I became a big fan of Jeremy Dillon as the game moved along, especially in breaking the press. He is not Elmore, or even a good looking ball handler, but he is unflappable on the court. No emotion, and always seems cool and calm. I felt comfortable when he had the ball in his hands. He is also very strong with the ball, and gets on the floor and gets after it any chance he gets.

Another player I was very pleasantly surprised with was the big 7 footer. He always appeared skinny in any pictures I had been seeing, and even looked a little skinny last week. But once he got on the floor, he is a talented young man. Excellent touch around the basket. I would be shocked if he didnt contribute this season.

Jannson is still trying to find himself. He and Darius George have to find a way to combine for 25 points a night somehow. Kinsey, was what you would expect, you look up and he has 14 to 16 points. He tried to take over at point a few times and moved the ball well.

Glenville played an up and down sloppy type of a game and we couldnt really get into a groove. Once we did late, the strength of our team started to show. That being defense and rebounding. Yes, that is not a typo.

Beyers has a chance to be special. He needs minutes, and he needs to get sweating and get into the game. But he is very good on both ends of the floor.

I was really impressed with the group of walk ons that took the floor late. They played really good together as a unit. One such player was number 14 Robby Williams. He may be the smallest player I have seen in green and white in a long time, maybe ever, and that includes Ryan Lamb, but he is very smooth on the court. Not scared, excellent ball handler. Even at his size, and I am sure we will not need it after December gets here and Andrew Taylor is on the floor, but he could be used. I felt comfortable every time he had the ball in his hand.

I have no clue how this season is going to pan out. I would assume we may take some lumps until January gets here, but when this team is on and playing well, I would not want to play us.

I just hope the fans dont give up early, and I hope they keep coming out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.