G5
1. Boise State
2. Cincinnati
3. Southern Methodist
4. Memphis
5. Temple
6. Appalachian State

Reactions: ohio herd
Not bad. Hawaii’s governor just called asking why you hate his people.

Hawaii is 4-1. Their only loss is to Washington. They have two P5 wins against Oregon State and Arizona (Arizona is 4-1 with wins already over Colorado, UCLA, and Texas Tech). In their lone conference game, they destroyed a decent Nevada team 54-3.

Temple also has two P5 wins (Georgia Tech and schizophrenic Maryland). However, their loss was by 16 to a 2-4 Buffalo, which at this point, is an awful loss.

A couple of weeks ago, I argued that Temple is better than what they’re being given credit for, and I stand behind that. But based strictly on merit, it’s tough to argue that they deserve to be in the top six at this point over Hawaii.

Reactions: alphasig1053
Not bad. Hawaii’s governor just called asking why you hate his people.
call him/her and let him/her know that there's one of his/her people I really like, and wouldn't mind mating with.

0*Lm4PVMqT4hzQ9DvP.jpeg

Hmmmm....okay. But clemson getting lucky because of a bad decision from North Carolina makes them still worthy?

Not to mention LSU's one and only victory over the only team worthy (7 pts vs. Texas). The rest were, as you call them, "a bunch of stiffs". Dont get me wrong, I think LSU is a damn good team, but it doesnt seem you have applied your same logic when excluding Georgia but then elevating LSU.

Last edited:
Like Mr. Trump, I can't seem to make everyone happy, despite all the good will I do here.

I just looked at the Sagarin ratings, and his top 6 is pretty similar to mine. He has the dawgs at #9. I wonder if he's still crunching the numbers in the computer, or if he copied my poll from a couple weeks back.

Wisconsin is interesting... Undefeated, but still feel like a two or three loss team in the end. Ohio State and Iowa back to back later in the year to prove themselves.

Like Mr. Trump, I can't seem to make everyone happy, despite all the good will I do here.

I just looked at the Sagarin ratings, and his top 6 is pretty similar to mine. He has the dawgs at #9. I wonder if he's still crunching the numbers in the computer, or if he copied my poll from a couple weeks back.

No worries. Just wanted to hear how you came to your conclusions. We all have our opinions and we all would piss people off. Not saying you're wrong. like i said just wanted to see how you got there. Go Herd and go Dawgs !!

Wisconsin is interesting... Undefeated, but still feel like a two or three loss team in the end. Ohio State and Iowa back to back later in the year to prove themselves.

UW will be exposed as a fraud, per usual. It’s a one team league, Go Bucks.

UW will be exposed as a fraud, per usual. It’s a one team league, Go Bucks.

So Duke, Marshall, and now Ohio State? Are there any teams you and Gary’S weeney aren’t fans of?

These two-teamers (and, clearly, more than just two-teamers) make my stomach churn.

Last edited:
So Duke, Marshall, and now Ohio State? Are there any teams you and Gary’S weeney aren’t fans of?

These two-teamers (and, clearly, more than just two-teamers) make my stomach churn.

My family have been season ticket holders for OS games since the 1950’s. I’ve been going to their games since the early 60’s. Our family has multiple degrees from all three schools. So yes I am a fan of the three, nice try though.

P.S. We also have degrees from the Harvard, MIT, and the Naval Academy among others. Don’t really follow those teams.

My family have been season ticket holders for OS games since the 1950’s.
I have a bunch of family members that go to Ohio State games as well, and they're all huge fans, which is just another reason for me to hate them. Bitches showed up at a family reunion 20 years ago or so, clad in their gear. Lucky they didn't get their asses kicked right there in front of the bucket of Kentucky Fried.

no. They need to show more prior to cracking my top 6. A six point win over ND, coupled with wins over a bunch of stiffs didn't cut it enough to surpass the others ahead of them.

Clemson can’t be over UGA, you gotta change that

Not to mention LSU's one and only victory over the only team worthy (7 pts vs. Texas). The rest were, as you call them, "a bunch of stiffs". Dont get me wrong, I think LSU is a damn good team, but it doesnt seem you have applied your same logic when excluding Georgia but then elevating LSU.
are we good now?

I love when people make these claims, then act like Nostradamus when something that almost everyone agreed would happen actually happens.

Were people claiming that Wisconsin would go undefeated or something? I don't think anyone on here would have vehemently argued that Wisconsin would only lose one game.

So if Wisconsin goes 10-2 or 9-3, does that mean they are a "fraud"? No way. Yet if they lose two or three (or one in your case), people will say "told you so." Well, no shit. Nobody expects them to go undefeated or lose just one game.

I love when people make these claims, then act like Nostradamus when something that almost everyone agreed would happen actually happens.

Were people claiming that Wisconsin would go undefeated or something? I don't think anyone on here would have vehemently argued that Wisconsin would only lose one game.

So if Wisconsin goes 10-2 or 9-3, does that mean they are a "fraud"? No way. Yet if they lose two or three (or one in your case), people will say "told you so." Well, no shit. Nobody expects them to go undefeated or lose just one game.

I’ve done a bump post twice and both times you responded post-haste. I appreciate yore interest.

Second poll "confirms" the superiority of the AAC well above other "G5" leagues. Tulsa, Tulane, Navy and UCF are also pretty solid teams in that conference.

ADVERTISEMENT