ADVERTISEMENT

NC State Game Sept. 9

KellyGreenAlumni

Green Buffalo
Sep 13, 2011
Does anyone have seating information for the visitors/tailgating reguarding seats, sections, etc.I see on an old fan guide that sections are designated for visitors: 1L-9L-31H-25L-15H-15L, but has that information changed? (had football 15' on it) I see on some websites the visitors tickets ranging from 26 to 75 $. Do we know where the marshall tailgate will be? I may be early in asking, sorry.

Also, do we have a roll call thread on this, or is that also too early?

Looking to leave Carter-Finley Stadium with a win and a fresh 2-0 start to the season. Go Herd!

Any information is appreciated.

Not that optimistic on how we'll fare on the field. All I've read about the Pack is that they'll be a senior laden team, a lot of experience at the QB, along the O line and a top flight receiver. D is suppose to be pretty solid also. Our best bet may be for the Pack to have a very physical, hard hitting, old fashion blood letting in the opener in Charlotte against a former ACC foe, South Carolina's Gamecocks, the week before our game in Raleigh.

In reality, if we have a nice (successful) bounce back season in 2017, I would certainly like our odds a lot better for a W when the Pack makes a return visit to Huntington in 2018 (I think that's the date of the return match).

Not that optimistic on how we'll fare on the field. All I've read about the Pack is that they'll be a senior laden team, a lot of experience at the QB, along the O line and a top flight receiver. D is suppose to be pretty solid also. Our best bet may be for the Pack to have a very physical, hard hitting, old fashion blood letting in the opener in Charlotte against a former ACC foe, South Carolina's Gamecocks, the week before our game in Raleigh.

In reality, if we have a nice (successful) bounce back season in 2017, I would certainly like our odds a lot better for a W when the Pack makes a return visit to Huntington in 2018 (I think that's the date of the return match).
last night I heard their D line was one of the best in the country.
FWIW old ACC foe USC? Well that was many many years ago, USC had been an independent in football before joining the SEC. They left the ACC in like 1971.
from Wiki page.....

The University of South Carolina was a member of the Southern Conference for men's basketball and football from 1922 until it became a founding member of the Atlantic Coast Conference in 1953. The Gamecocks left the ACC in 1971, following numerous disputes over the ACC's recruiting regulations and the political dominance of the conference's four North Carolina schools.[8] USC then competed as an independent until 1983 when it joined the Metro Conference for all sports except football (which the Metro did not sponsor) and men's soccer. In 1991, the Gamecocks joined the Southeastern Conference when it increased its membership to 12 schools and split into two divisions. Since joining the SEC, the Gamecocks have been part of the league's East Division. Men's soccer continued to compete as an independent since the SEC does not sponsor men's soccer, but joined the Metro Conference for the 1993 and 1994 seasons and has competed in Conference USA since 2005. Women's beach volleyball competed as an independent before joining the Coastal Collegiate Sports Association for the 2016 season (2015–16 school year

Well damn we might as well not even make the trip down to Raleigh if NC State is going to be good.

last night I heard their D line was one of the best in the country.
FWIW old ACC foe USC? Well that was many many years ago, USC had been an independent in football before joining the SEC. They left the ACC in like 1971.
from Wiki page.....

The University of South Carolina was a member of the Southern Conference for men's basketball and football from 1922 until it became a founding member of the Atlantic Coast Conference in 1953. The Gamecocks left the ACC in 1971, following numerous disputes over the ACC's recruiting regulations and the political dominance of the conference's four North Carolina schools.[8] USC then competed as an independent until 1983 when it joined the Metro Conference for all sports except football (which the Metro did not sponsor) and men's soccer. In 1991, the Gamecocks joined the Southeastern Conference when it increased its membership to 12 schools and split into two divisions. Since joining the SEC, the Gamecocks have been part of the league's East Division. Men's soccer continued to compete as an independent since the SEC does not sponsor men's soccer, but joined the Metro Conference for the 1993 and 1994 seasons and has competed in Conference USA since 2005. Women's beach volleyball competed as an independent before joining the Coastal Collegiate Sports Association for the 2016 season (2015–16 school year

What I said, sluggo, old ACC foe. Geographic rivals still to this day, although not in same conferences, still recruit heavily against each geographically.

1950s to early seventies, big rivals, especially in basketball, when State was a big national power under Everett Case and later Norm Slone (won the NCAA with David Thompson and 7 footer Tom Burleson). South Carolina had brought in a veteran New Yorker, Frank McGuire, who also got the Gamecocks on the national basketball map.

Since leaving the ACC, USC has from time to time still played UNC and NC State in football; apparently people in Charlotte are lining up collegiate games every year in the Panthers Stadium. Sort of like what they are doing in the Redskins stadium around DC.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Marshall is not a 3-9 team this year. We had a down year, so what. I expect an 8 win season. I see no reason why we can't down all of our non conference foes. Over the years, we've only seen that great things can come to the herd. And they will.

I'll be a witness to the Herd bouncing an elbow off the chinbone. (McGregor). But hey, one game at a time.

KellyGreenAlumni you "expect" an 8 win season! Then you post "But hey, one game at a time." So if the Herd doesn't win your 8 game projection - one game at a time, then what?

I talked to several NC State fans yesterday at the PGA Championship in Charlotte. They think they're gonna be good this year and they expect to roll Marshall. :confused:

Miami Kent st. Cincinnati Charlotte ODU FIU Fl. Atlantic UTSa.. losses wku Mtsu Nc state not sure about southern miss.. we honestly could win more. I'm not sure why my optimism is met with such aggression. I apologize where I'm a glass half full person mr neutral.

Perhaps why your "optimism met with aggression" was your "I expect an 8 win season." Just saying following the 2016 season and many players returning but no major coaching changes in Docs staff leaves many to doubt 8 wins this year. That said I hope your prediction comes true.

Well damn we might as well not even make the trip down to Raleigh if NC State is going to be good.
They are projected to win 6-7 game by most publications so they aren't Clemson or FSU. it will be tough to beat them down their, but we could be competitive if we play well.

With their strength on the D line and seemingly our weakness on the O line this could get ugly fast.

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED PRESEASON FIRST TEAM ALL AMERICA
What are we supposed to call Samuels? A freakishly athletic tight end? A gadget wideout? A fullback? Whatever he is, he’s nearly impossible to gameplan for when the Wolfpack offense is feeding him the ball. The 5' 11", 223 pound hybrid weapon has tallied 14 receiving touchdowns and 15 rushing touchdowns over the past two years.

Does anyone have seating information for the visitors/tailgating reguarding seats, sections, etc.I see on an old fan guide that sections are designated for visitors: 1L-9L-31H-25L-15H-15L, but has that information changed? (had football 15' on it) I see on some websites the visitors tickets ranging from 26 to 75 $. Do we know where the marshall tailgate will be? I may be early in asking, sorry.

Also, do we have a roll call thread on this, or is that also too early?

Looking to leave Carter-Finley Stadium with a win and a fresh 2-0 start to the season. Go Herd!

Any information is appreciated.

Has anyone received their away game tickets from Marshall yet? Waiting on NC State and UTSA.

Has anyone received their away game tickets from Marshall yet? Waiting on NC State and UTSA.
they usually mail them out about 2 weeks before the game. The host team doesn't send them to Marshall until usually 3-4 weeks before the game.

Who else is going to the UTSA game? That's the closets game for me this year.

I wish we would step up games with UNLV and San Diego State.

Just checked our tickets, Sec 4 row O see you all there. Got the hotel just off the parking lot.
GOOOOOO HERRRRRRD

Who else is going to the UTSA game? That's the closets game for me this year.

I wish we would step up games with UNLV and San Diego State.

Sorry, Fever, but with the travel we do just for the conference games in general, don't think you'll see Mike Hamrick scheduling ANY non-conference games anywhere near the Mississippi River, much less WEST of it!. A game every year in south Florida, one game, or more, in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and/or Texas will be enough to strain our seasonal travel budget without scheduling another similar long trip to an OOC foe.

Of course if some of those Vegas high rollers with $$$$ to burn happen to be big UNLV backers/supporters and want to help divvy up say around $2 mil to entice the Herd to play a one and done there, then kindly just ignore my first paragraph!! :rolleyes:

Sorry, Fever, but with the travel we do just for the conference games in general, don't think you'll see Mike Hamrick scheduling ANY non-conference games anywhere near the Mississippi River, much less WEST of it!. A game every year in south Florida, one game, or more, in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and/or Texas will be enough to strain our seasonal travel budget without scheduling another similar long trip to an OOC foe.

Of course if some of those Vegas high rollers with $$$$ to burn happen to be big UNLV backers/supporters and want to help divvy up say around $2 mil to entice the Herd to play a one and done there, then kindly just ignore my first paragraph!! :rolleyes:
I agree with you. Of course the trip to Boise in 2019 is an exception.

I agree with you. Of course the trip to Boise in 2019 is an exception.

Ooops! You got me there, HM. Completely forgot about those "Blue Turf" Broncos. Of course, with our limited history with them back in 1-AA days and their subsequent growth and on the field success, this series, to me and many Herd fans, I'm sure, is a natural. Probably couldn't find another G5 program that most Herd fans would like to see a home and home deal more than one with Boise!

Reactions: Herdmeister
Two in Section 4, Row P, right on the 50, behind Marshall bench about 15 rows from the field. n8th8n at gmail with any interest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT