ADVERTISEMENT

New Boeing 737 absolutely insane

The Dreamliners are a very nice ride for commercial air transportation. More room, a nice LCD display right in front of you and you can watch movies or listen to a wide variety of music, all for free. The seats are more comfortable too.

Saw a video about the plane a couple days ago. Looks extremely impressive.

I get clammy hands just watching that.

I'm all for flying, but I 'd prefer more of a 3 wood trajectory rather than a phil mickelson flop shot. I guess it's nice to know you've got the 60 degree wedge in the bag though.

Reactions: big_country90
The old 737 like Piedmont flew in/out of Htgn is a long way from this bird.

Of course that’s how every plane had to take off and land from the old Kansas City airport. Lol.

wonder how many people gets shit in their face from passengers in front of them when taking off.

Excuse my ignorance, but if these planes truly took off like this, why would any passenger want to ride in them? The smoother, less intrusive takeoff and landing are what people want. In this case, passengers would have to padlock down every single thing they have or else they would be projectiles flying to the back. No thanks.

The Dreamliners are a very nice ride for commercial air transportation. More room, a nice LCD display right in front of you and you can watch movies or listen to a wide variety of music, all for free. The seats are more comfortable too.

Kind of like what every major hub to major hub flight on Delta, American, and others have had for the last few years?

The planes don't take off like this when passengers are on board. It's for show. And the planes probably aren't taking of at quite the angle being depicted.

Reactions: GreenDuke
The planes don't take off like this when passengers are on board. It's for show. And the planes probably aren't taking of at quite the angle being depicted.

Correct. But I like the fact that this plane has this type of capability. Anyone who has flown out of Yeager can tell you that a quick lift is important. And that plane can flat get up.

From what I’ve read this series is very successful and is breaking sales records. AA and Southwest use them in the US...I think.

I am not understanding the thrill of this. Good roller coasters have a steeper ascent and descent in an environment that makes it seem to be going much faster than if you're sitting in a plane. In an airplane on less drastic of an ascent? I don't understand the excitement of that.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
I am not understanding the thrill of this. Good roller coasters have a steeper ascent and descent in an environment that makes it seem to be going much faster than if you're sitting in a plane. In an airplane on less drastic of an ascent? I don't understand the excitement of that.

Both are pretty damn fun. The difference? It's the g's and the length of time you experience the g's. Roller coasters are great for a couple of seconds of high g's. That jet is giving you 9-10 seconds of it, and about 5 seconds straight of zero gravity by what he did at the end. Roller coasters deal in fractions of a second to one second of zero gravity (the best ones in the world might dish out 20 seconds total over the course of a ride).

Highest g force of any roller coaster in the world: 6.3g's for about two seconds (yes, I looked that up), and that is pretty damn extreme. That jet pulled about 5g for 9 to 10 seconds....which is long enough to make a lot of people black out lol. His angle isn't as steep, but his acceleration and velocity is way past a roller coaster. Don't want to black out? Push the air out of your lungs while you contract your calves, thighs, and shoulders...that should keep enough blood in your brain for a few more seconds.

I'd like to be in a F-22 launched at full vertical. You need to wear a g-suit for that.

For about $5k you can take a vomit comet flight. Long pulls of about 2g and then 30 second periods of 0 g (weightlessness). Yes, some people puke doing this.

http://www.gozerog.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: herdfan429
Both are pretty damn fun. The difference? It's the g's and the length of time you experience the g's. Roller coasters are great for a couple of seconds of high g's. That jet is giving you 9-10 seconds of it, and about 5 seconds straight of zero gravity by what he did at the end. Roller coasters deal in fractions of a second to one second of zero gravity (the best ones in the world might dish out 20 seconds total over the course of a ride).

http://www.gozerog.com/

Thanks for explaining it. It just looks like it wouldn't be nearly as much fun being in an enclosed, huge plane that would take away everything that makes the roller coaster exciting.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Thanks for explaining it. It just looks like it wouldn't be nearly as much fun being in an enclosed, huge plane that would take away everything that makes the roller coaster exciting.

Both are fun.

I love roller coasters. First three questions I had for my cardiologist after my heart attack: 1) Can I still fvck? 2) Can I still drink? 3) Can I still ride roller coasters?

Reactions: marshallisqbu
My father in law is on the executive board for Boeing. He says if it ain’t boeing, it ain’t going.

That being said I would do it once but only once and only for a large sum of money.

That's a good point I suppose. I used to love roller coasters back when I was younger. I still do, but not to the degree that I'll ride one twice in the same visit. I really like the water parks now, especially the attraction where you get in the glass tube from an insanely high tower and the bottom drops out of the tube and you do the free fall before the slide slowly curves and dumps you into the exit trench below. Here's a picture of one of the slides I like....

Orl-WetnWild-BomBay.jpg

This is the view from the top...

maxresdefault.jpg

I turn 60 on my next birthday (that's really difficult to say) and I've slowed down a little in that regard. But I used to be more of a risk taker/thrill seeker in the day.

I use to jump from fairly high heights from the rock cliffs into summersville lake on my water skiing trips when I was younger. I kind of passed that stuff onto my daughters. Three out of four of them have tandem parachute jumped from 10,000 feet within the last few years. I'm actually considering it on my 60th birthday. As someone else on the thread said...just once.

It isn't the fall that gets you anyway. It's the sudden stop.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
I hit 126 in a Ford Ranchero on I64. That is a hell of thrill ride .
That was when was young, dumb, and full of cum.

Excuse my ignorance, but if these planes truly took off like this, why would any passenger want to ride in them? The smoother, less intrusive takeoff and landing are what people want. In this case, passengers would have to padlock down every single thing they have or else they would be projectiles flying to the back. No thanks.

Kind of like what every major hub to major hub flight on Delta, American, and others have had for the last few years?

I have flown to Denver quite a few times and came back through Houston or DFW but have only been on the Dreamliner once. So, yeah....sort of.

I have flown to Denver quite a few times and came back through Houston or DFW but have only been on the Dreamliner once. So, yeah....sort of.

It wasn't about being on the Dreamliner. It was about having more room, having an LCD touch-screen in front of you where you can watch movies and listen to music for free, etc.

Those have been standard for years on most major hub to major hub long flights.

I hit 126 in a Ford Ranchero on I64. That is a hell of thrill ride .
That was when was young, dumb, and full of cum.

125 mph in a good car doesn't even feel exciting any more. In a Ranchero? That's borderline insanity.

Now on a motorcycle...I once did 160 mph on a motorcycle and I thought I was going to die. Hell of a rush, though.

125 mph in a good car doesn't even feel exciting any more. In a Ranchero? That's borderline insanity.

Now on a motorcycle...I once did 160 mph on a motorcycle and I thought I was going to die. Hell of a rush, though.
73 model. It was really stupid. Had a 302 in it and it would fly. I thought it was going to fall apart. Dumb as shit.

160 on a bike? That is worse. hahahaaa

Both are fun.

I love roller coasters. First three questions I had for my cardiologist after my heart attack: 1) Can I still fvck? 2) Can I still drink? 3) Can I still ride roller coasters?
just think, if you had joined greed's second religion and paid for the cans, you could have avoided that heart surgery. they would have audited it out of you.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Not any more. Lol
Pilot error.

I get some news letters. Should have save them for you. Basically some insiders are saying Boeing is being a fall guy. I do remember they took pilots from every major us carrier and ran them through the scenario that supposedly happened to the African pilot. When they followed protocol and the manuals and their training they all handled it correctly.

Pilot error.

I get some news letters. Should have save them for you. Basically some insiders are saying Boeing is being a fall guy. I do remember they took pilots from every major us carrier and ran them through the scenario that supposedly happened to the African pilot. When they followed protocol and the manuals and their training they all handled it correctly.
Did the pilots go into the simulator knowing the scenario they were going to encounter?

Did the pilots go into the simulator knowing the scenario they were going to encounter?
Negative. The point of it was even with a failed sensor or failed software, the pilots should have known how to handle the situation from what insiders are saying is fairly routine for a well trained pilot.

just think, if you had joined greed's second religion and paid for the cans, you could have avoided that heart surgery. they would have audited it out of you.

Just think, if you had committed to extra's first religion, you wouldn't be a heartbeat from hell.

Just think, if you had committed to extra's first religion, you wouldn't be a heartbeat from hell.
Judge not lest ye be judged.

Besides, hypocrite, you should worry with your own soul before judging others. There's a reason you don't share your second religion with the people of your first. Then again, you can't hide it from your god...

Judge not lest ye be judged.

Matthew 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Besides, hypocrite, you should worry with your own soul before judging others.

Already got it taken care of. You don't.

There's a reason you don't share your second religion with the people of your first.

In addition to that^^^being a lie, I also just this evening told 2 scientologists that I'm a Christian.

Then again, you can't hide it from your god...

True. But you can't hide anything.

Matthew 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Already got it taken care of. You don't.

In addition to that^^^being a lie, I also just this evening told 2 scientologists that I'm a Christian.

True. But you can't hide anything.
Your fruits say quite a bit about you, also. Ironically, you're the only one that doesn't see it.

Funny you tell your fellow can worshippers but not fellow "Christians", whom you've never indicated you have about worshipping xenu.

Your fruits say quite a bit about you, also. Ironically, you're the only one that doesn't see it.

You, and the majority of posters on this board are religious bigots, even when it comes to Christianity.

Funny you tell your fellow can worshippers but not fellow "Christians", whom you've never indicated you have about worshipping xenu.

That's 2 lies in one sentence. bravo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT