ADVERTISEMENT

New Cadillacs are for idiots

Walden Pond

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 8, 2007
Saw this real nice one down in Cincinnati yesterday parked in the lot when I was going to the Reds game. Shiny, red, fancy looking. It's the same size as my 2012 bland Impala, with the same size motor, and is more cramped inside than my car is since it has that gigantic center console.

It had leather seats, some fancy mirrors and a nice logo I guess. Probably some computer stuff and extra radio buttons. Is that worth twice as much as my same size, more roomy car? Not to me. I'd feel like a duped idiot for buying one.

Hell, for an extra 20K or whatever it is I could keep my car, buy a nice leather couch and even a leather toilet seat and still have about 17K left over to withdraw in pennies and pelt hippies in the head with.

I wouldn't compare a W platform GM to any of the brand new Caddies. Now, if you want to compare the new Epsilon II platform Cadillac XTS and a Impala 2LTZ, I would probably argue with you that the price difference buys the Magnetic Ride Control on the Caddy. That is world-class stuff there. I'd argue that for a knowledgeable buyer that wants a world-class suspension the price might be worth it. For someone that just wants a nice, big car, no. The new Impala is a fine car.

Magnetic Ride Control is the shit.

For the price of the XTS, I would get the Chevy SS Sedan. With a stick. And hoon the hell out of it. RWD, a damn Corvette V-8, Magnetic Ride Control. Throw $13k into the engine at Lingenfelter and now I have a 650 hp supercar that looks like Grandma's Chevy.

This is all good anyway. For years and years, I have wondered about all the bigger, better things I'm missing out on. Nothing. It doesn't exist. This is it. Everything else is just sprinkles on the cake. I like icing, but they can keep the sprinkles.

As long as it's got cruise control, a CD player and a V6, it's all good. I will run it to death up and down the interstate going nowhere in particular.

Yep cd players will only be put in cars if they are ordered. Gosh that sucks!!! I only have 200 cd's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT