ADVERTISEMENT

newspapers are on the way out

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
This is an interesting read on the subject. Of course most of the papers are completely dominated by Marxist reporters who have zero credibility. So when you alienate 50% of the population I mean what could go wrong? Here is a poignant statement from the article.

https://donsurber.substack.com/p/let-newspapers-die

“Finally, local journalism allows pluralism to take hold. Democracy thrives when people with different viewpoints are able to debate and discuss contrasting views with respect and civility. That cannot begin to happen when people cannot even agree on the facts. Only when you have a common set of facts can you debate what you think those facts mean.

“When pluralism is practiced, we can begin to live together in spite of our differences. That, after all, is a hallmark of a thriving, functioning democracy.”

What debate was there on covid? Anyone who spoke out against social distancing or cloth masks was branded a heretic.

And anyone who does not call the January 6 protest an insurrection is branded an insurrectionist.

And anyone daring to question giving billions in cash and weaponry to Ukraine is branded a traitor.

America will get along just fine without newspapers. Based on circulation in print and online, at least 80% of the nation already gets along without newspapers.

What do you think, do we want or need newspapers any longer with the new digital age?

Of course most of the papers are completely dominated by Marxist reporters who have zero credibility.
I'm shocked a hillbilly hasn't ever read a small town paper.
What do you think, do we want or need newspapers any longer with the new digital age?
Small town papers are important to keep small town politicians honest. How's the meager local budget being spent? Did the sheriff hire all family for the department?

We don't need big national papers. We need the small town papers.

Don't believe me? Look at the town in Kansas where the police chief lost his shit and went after the little newspaper digging up his dirt. Small town fiefdoms need the scrutiny.

Reactions: ohio herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT