Big 10 32
Pac 12 30
"Big" 12 20
THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!! 18
CUSA 10
Mountain West 9
MAC 5
Sun Belt 3
I-A independents 6 (AKA Notre Dame, mostly)
I-AA 19
non Div I 4
Australian rugby players 1

Draw your own conclusions, but I don't see the "doa" huge talent gap between CUSA and the other two top G5 leagues, nor how moving down to the MAC is not moving down to the MAC.

The best way to look at the data is draft picks per teams. It doesn’t change the big picture that much but it’s a better way to get an assessment here.

SEC 53
ACC 46
Big 10 32
Pac 12 30
"Big" 12 20
THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!! 18
CUSA 10
Mountain West 9
MAC 5
Sun Belt 3
I-A independents 6 (AKA Notre Dame, mostly)
I-AA 19
non Div I 4
Australian rugby players 1

Draw your own conclusions, but I don't see the "doa" huge talent gap between CUSA and the other two top G5 leagues, nor how moving down to the MAC is not moving down to the MAC.

This is the worst attempt at logic we've seen here since Johns wanted to argue about Boise a couple of weeks ago.

First, conferences aren't ranked on "talent gaps." There are countless talented players in the country - many utilize that talent to succeed while others never reach their potential. Conferences are ranked on the quality of what they put on the field. Talent is only a fraction of that. Developing that talent and coaching are bigger factors.

You claim that you don't see a huge talent gap between CUSA and the AAC, yet the AAC had almost twice as many players drafted. CUSA, in your rankings, is almost as close to Australian rugby players than it is to the AAC.

Next, looking at how many players are drafted in one year is meaningless. The outcome on the field isn't determined by how many players are drafted on each team. There are many good players who go undrafted yet have huge impact on games. There are many players who get drafted in later years yet still have a huge impact on games. Those all help determine the strength of a conference (which is judged by on-field performance).

You also fail to acknowledge that CUSA has two more teams than all of those conferences you mentioned.

The conclusion you are attempting to reach based on what you're arguing has more gaping holes than the AVN Awards post-show party.

SEC 53
ACC 46
Big 10 32
Pac 12 30
"Big" 12 20
THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!! 18
CUSA 10
Mountain West 9
MAC 5
Since conferences are of different sizes, it would be more fair to list these stats as "draftees per school" instead of overall number drafted:
SEC 3.79
ACC 3.29
Pac 12 2.50
B1G 2.29
Big XII 2.00
American 1.50
Mountain West 0.75
CUSA 0.71
MAC 0.42

I can claim to be King of the Universe and it’s as valid as UCF’s National Championship.
Good for you Except Ucfs mythical National championship wasn’t what was being debated. It was their closeness to the playoff. And considering the aac Mac and mountain west have sent teams to the access bowl that would mean they were closer to getting into the playoff than cusa

Good for you Except Ucfs mythical National championship wasn’t what was being debated. It was their closeness to the playoff. And considering the aac Mac and mountain west have sent teams to the access bowl that would mean they were closer to getting into the playoff than cusa
Not really, the access bowl and the 4-team playoff are two entirely different competitions with different qualifying criteria. The fact is that no G5 school will ever get in the 4-team playoff.

Not really, the access bowl and the 4-team playoff are two entirely different competitions with different qualifying criteria. The fact is that no G5 school will ever get in the 4-team playoff.
You are probably correct but who has a better shot of being that one team that does? The team in talks for the access bowl or the team that goes 7-5 and finished third in their division

Roy Kramer & Co. have made it their life’s work to segregate college football. UCF was as close to the CFP as a 1-aa team was.

Reactions: pdbailey and ToesMU

Bingo.

I think it’s BS but if they don’t even let all 5 of the so called “power” conf champs in and hell only 3 this year they are NEVER long to let in a so called “Group of 5” team.

You are probably correct but who has a better shot of being that one team that does? The team in talks for the access bowl or the team that goes 7-5 and finished third in their division

To Roy Kramer & Co BOTH are equally meaningless.

Roy Kramer & Co. have made it their life’s work to segregate college football. UCF was as close to the CFP as a 1-aa team was.
College football has been segregated for the last 25 years. It didn’t just start when the bus came into existence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT