ADVERTISEMENT

NHR: Urban Meyer Steps Down, Ryan Day to Be New tOSU Coach

Fake another heart attack and move down to an easier conference, again. Big 12? Pac 12? AAC?

Cleveland Browns

It's being reported that it's due to health, a brain cyst was mentioned. (I don't know if that is a face saving reason for both sides) But if indeed he is okay, a move to the Browns would make perfect sense. However I wonder if the timing would come into question? The old "I'm too sick to go to school," but when 4 pm rolls around "I feel much better now, can I go out to play?"

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
It's being reported that it's due to health, a brain cyst was mentioned. (I don't know if that is a face saving reason for both sides) But if indeed he is okay, a move to the Browns would make perfect sense. However I wonder if the timing would come into question? The old "I'm too sick to go to school," but when 4 pm rolls around "I feel much better now, can I go out to play?"

His last departure at Florida was also reasoned as a "health issue" after he had a heart condition... He took 11 months off and then went to OSU.

Meyer is only 54, he's not "done" per se. I expect him to work for ESPN next year and then be back at it (at Florida State as a big F-U to Florida).

I've heard the Notre Dame angle, and Notre Dame does play in the easiest conference of them all, so to speak, so that fits with Myers' pattern of always moving down. Problem is Kelly is doing pretty good. But if (when) Clemson assreams the Irish this year, and he drops one or two of the usually four or so loseable games Notre Dame plays each year for the next couple of years, or keeps getting assreamed in the semi-finals, the natives might grow a little restless.

I've heard the Notre Dame angle, and Notre Dame does play in the easiest conference of them all, so to speak, so that fits with Myers' pattern of always moving down. Problem is Kelly is doing pretty good. But if (when) Clemson assreams the Irish this year, and he drops one or two of the usually four or so loseable games Notre Dame plays each year for the next couple of years, or keeps getting assreamed in the semi-finals, the natives might grow a little restless.

If Urban tells ND he wants to come there, they will find anything they can to slide Kelly out with his buyout....Urban's MO though is to take 1-2 years off which will allow ND to have BK for 2 more years and reduce the buyout. Doubt ND has any convo at this time about extending Kelly given his success this year.

so that fits with Myers' pattern of always moving down.

First, it is "Meyer," not "Myer." It wouldn't be the possessive of "Meyers," since he has no "S" in his name. It definitely wouldn't be the possessive of "Myer" since his name isn't spelled that way. You failed twice.

Next, explain this "pattern of always moving down" you mentioned. He went from Bowling Green to Utah. That is a substantial move up in both program and conference. He then went from Utah to Florida. Again, that is a substantial move up in both program and conference. He then went to Ohio State, which is a move up in program but a move down in conference.

So out of a total of six ways to measure such a pattern, he has moved up in five ways and moved down in just one of them.

You do realize that Ohio State isn't in the AAC, right? If so, what is the reason for your misplaced jealousy this time?

Last edited:
First, it is "Meyer," not "Myer." It wouldn't be the possessive of "Meyers," since he has no "S" in his name. It definitely wouldn't be the possessive of "Myer" since his name isn't spelled that way. You failed twice.

Next, explain this "pattern of always moving down" you mentioned. He went from Bowling Green to Utah. That is a substantial move up in both program and conference. He then went from Utah to Florida. Again, that is a substantial move up in both program and conference. He then went to Ohio State, which is a move up in program but a move down in conference.

So out of a total of six ways to measure such a pattern, he has moved up in five ways and moved down in just one of them.

You do realize that Ohio State isn't in the AAC, right? If so, what is the reason for your misplaced jealously this time?
He blasts Urban but defends our current situation. Odd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT