ADVERTISEMENT

NHR: What Are the Chances Urban Has Heart Trouble Soon?

He isn't the only head coach who would come down with sudden heart trouble. The below incident and arrest was in late June 2009. He was hired at Marshall six months later:

From Brett McMurphy:

On June 21, 2009, according to a Gainesville (Fla.) Police Incident report, Courtney, then 24, stated her husband Zach, then 25, “picked her up by grabbing her T-shirt and threw her against the bedroom wall located upstairs in their apartment.”

Courtney told officers Zach arrived at the residence “with an unknown female co-worker that he was partying with” and Courtney “refused to have the unknown female, who Zach kept referring to as ‘baby,’ spend the night at their residence.”

Courtney stated “a verbal argument took place over the female and questions of infidelity arose. Courtney stated Zach was intoxicated and she took the female to her house. … Courtney stated when she returned to her residence, a heated argument ensued in the upstairs bedroom. Courtney stated she tried to get Zach out of her bed, which he refused and then forcefully grabbed her.”

The report said “Zach advised (officers) he works for UF Florida Gators as an assistant coach for the football team. Zach stated that he brought the female (co-worker) home because she was upset from breaking up with her boyfriend. … Zach stated that Courtney yelled at him and denied picking her up and throwing her into a wall. Zach had a visible red mark on his right bicep that he claimed was a result of breaking up a fight downtown at a club.

“(The officers) observed that Courtney’s shirt had been stretched just above her right breast. Courtney’s account of the incident was consistent with the redness to Zach’s right bicep because she advised that she attempted to hit him while he was picking her up.

“From the statements made on scene, (the officers) determined Zach was the primary aggressor.” He was then handcuffed and arrested.

As long as the rest of the Big 10, particularly Meeeee-chigan remains as disfunctional as it currently is, there is no reason for him to fake another heart attack. 10 wins a year seems to keep the fans happy, and that is pretty easy to get.

His next move down will be to Notre Dame, a semi-member of the ACC, where it just means less. Avoid Clemson and to a lesser extent FSU and Miami in their five game ACC slate and play their typical randoms and military academies for the rest, and count the cash.

As long as the rest of the Big 10, particularly Meeeee-chigan remains as disfunctional as it currently is, there is no reason for him to fake another heart attack. 10 wins a year seems to keep the fans happy, and that is pretty easy to get.

His next move down will be to Notre Dame, a semi-member of the ACC, where it just means less. Avoid Clemson and to a lesser extent FSU and Miami in their five game ACC slate and play their typical randoms and military academies for the rest, and count the cash.
Yeah, because ND's typical random games are so easy. Typical random games this year include Michigan, Southern Cal, Northwestern, Stanford, and the Naval Academy. Michigan State is usually one of those easy random games, but isn't on the slate this year, due to scheduling conflicts.

That link to McMurphy's Facebook post showing the texts with Urban's wife, the texts from Zach showing his threats of violence, and pictures of her injuries is really, really strong evidence (assuming they aren't fabricated texts).

Zach's alleged comment about bringing all of Ohio State football down if he were to ever get fired is pretty eye-opening, too. I'm sure he has plenty of ammo.

Urban's wife is legally obligated, in her position, to report these abuse incidents when she found out about them. She's also going to come out of this dirty.

I was hoping we would get a legal opinion from someone who took the LSAT

You know, child rape and domestic violence are one thing, but I'm sure these legendary coaches caught in cover-ups would never lie about something serious, like sports.

That said, 0% chance he loses his job.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I think Urban could be in trouble over this one. If they have a text that his wife knew and she did nothing she is in trouble. If she told him and he did nothing he is in trouble. Either way, I find it hard to believe, based on the pics I have seen, that nobody was aware of this situation.

pre Paterno/ Sandusky I would agree. Post he is gone
Yeah I still dont think so. Joe Pa let child rape happen in the showers. Im not excusing coach smith nor am I taking up for the sleaze bag urban but those two situations are completely different. Urban still has an out. He can claim his wife never told him, which we all know is complete bull sh!t but its a way out that no one can really refute short of more/new evidence.

IMO, Coach Urban Meyer is Not losing his job as Ohio State's
Head football coach!!

uGdjD74.jpg

We are either going to take domestic violence seriously or not. I would have thought that Urban would be sent packing. The ink on Greg Schanino's contract did not get dry before he was ran out of Knoxville on a rail. And he had zilch to do with Jerry Sandusky at State Penn.

We are either going to take domestic violence seriously or not. I would have thought that Urban would be sent packing. The ink on Greg Schanino's contract did not get dry before he was ran out of Knoxville on a rail. And he had zilch to do with Jerry Sandusky at State Penn.
Urban Myers does take domestic violence seriously. He's followed and acted on all the reporting guidelines/procedures required by OSU.
Greg Shanino was totally innocent,didn't have a clue what was going on with sickening jerry.
Before the Vols could announce the hiring of Greg, it was leaked.
Public out cry is what put a stop to his hiring! Some over moral values and others didn't want a losing football program. He was 68-67 head coach of the rutgers and 11-21 with Tampa Bay Bucs.

Urban Myers does take domestic violence seriously. He's followed and acted on all the reporting guidelines/procedures required by OSU.
Greg Shanino was totally innocent,didn't have a clue what was going on with sickening jerry.
Before the Vols could announce the hiring of Greg, it was leaked.
Public out cry is what put a stop to his hiring! Some over moral values and others didn't want a losing football program. He was 68-67 head coach of the rutgers and 11-21 with Tampa Bay Bucs.

And yet he's being suspended for that?

Had he "followed and acted on all reporting guidelines/procedures required by OSU", then he should NOT have been suspended the first few games of the season.

It sure seems to me that there's more there that we don't know about, that he had been suspended these last few weeks to let the public outcry die down a little, allowing them to give him a slap on the wrist, keep their coach and hope everything goes away. He was told to accept this suspension so that the school has the public appearance of taking care of things when, in reality, they basically did nothing about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if more comes out later, but then again this is Ohio State we're talking about ... too much money to let anything real happen, so I'd say this is the end of it as far as Urban goes.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan

And yet he's being suspended for that?

Had he "followed and acted on all reporting guidelines/procedures required by OSU", then he should NOT have been suspended the first few games of the season.

It sure seems to me that there's more there that we don't know about, that he had been suspended these last few weeks to let the public outcry die down a little, allowing them to give him a slap on the wrist, keep their coach and hope everything goes away. He was told to accept this suspension so that the school has the public appearance of taking care of things when, in reality, they basically did nothing about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if more comes out later, but then again this is Ohio State we're talking about ... too much money to let anything real happen, so I'd say this is the end of it as far as Urban goes.

You guys really need to read the 23 page report that the OSU investigation produced.

It has some pretty significant claims against Urban. Based on what the investigation yielded, he is extremely lucky to have only gotten 3 games.

You guys really need to read the 23 page report that the OSU investigation produced.

It has some pretty significant claims against Urban. Based on what the investigation yielded, he is extremely lucky to have only gotten 3 games.

I have not read it quite honestly, I was just offering thoughts on my big picture vantage of the situation. Maybe I'll find some time to read (but probably not), but it just amazes me how all the Buckeye fans act shocked that Meyer was suspended at all. Well, it really doesn't amaze me that much really ... they're all nuts.

Only a three-game suspension. This is Ohio State; What did you expect?. If that fondling doctor hadn't been in the limelight, it would have just been a slap on the wrist or maybe -- at the most -- the first quarter of their opener!

Only a three-game suspension. This is Ohio State; What did you expect?. If that fondling doctor hadn't been in the limelight, it would have just been a slap on the wrist or maybe -- at the most -- the first quarter of their opener!

Apparently, the deciding factor in saving his job was that Urban had scored 173 on his LSAT back in the day!!

I get total delight watching and listening to the Ohio State haters lose their marbles. Oh, and they can't drive! LOL

I have not read it quite honestly, I was just offering thoughts on my big picture vantage of the situation. Maybe I'll find some time to read (but probably not), but it just amazes me how all the Buckeye fans act shocked that Meyer was suspended at all. Well, it really doesn't amaze me that much really ... they're all nuts.
There’s nothing truly earth shattering in it. There a lot of innuendo but no solid proof. After reading it it just reaffirms my perception that urban is just as shady as all the other big time college coaches but the 3 games was probably sufficient

ADVERTISEMENT