ADVERTISEMENT

NHR

There have been real problems in the Land of Spam for a long while. USPAM spent 30 years trying to, and mostly succeeding in, convince its non-alumni fan base that what went on in the various versions of the Big Least was somehow significant and the same as what went on in True Major college football; and sold itself in the vast private school market to its majority out-of-state students as a place with something like “big sports” at a WV taxpayer subsidized bargain and playing schools from home like Rutgers and Syracuse. Then it turned on a dime and joined the Big 2, Little 8, where it simply cannot compete. Now, with the Big leaving them high and dry in a conference whose only commonality is no one else wants them.

They will hire Ollie Luck, who has failed at every job he ever had. They will find some G5 coach who had a couple of good years.

It won’t help.

And since what is good for WVU is bad for WV and v-v, great

Gee said the new AD will make the decision. He will make it to the end of the year.

Gee said the new AD will make the decision. He will make it to the end of the year.
Gee is one of the most dishonest and unethical people in this state’s history, politicians included. It is safe to believe the opposite of what he says on any subject.

The Spamies will bring in Ollie Luck, who has failed at every job he ever had, including paying millions and millions of $$ they didn’t have to get in this failed Big 2, Little 8 venture, and they will find some coach who all the mind numbed Spamite fans will instantly say is a “super genius” and was stolen out of the grasp of every program they can name, despite the fact that no one every heard of him before.

It won’t help. Losing the Big 2 returns that league (which Luck, see above, paid millions to join) to some sort of intermediate status. Most years maybe a little better than the G5, but light years behind the True Majors. But USPAM just does not have the resources and fan base to compete at that level. They were a perfect fit for the AAC.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
Gee is one of the most dishonest and unethical people in this state’s history, politicians included. It is safe to believe the opposite of what he says on any subject.

The Spamies will bring in Ollie Luck, who has failed at every job he ever had, including paying millions and millions of $$ they didn’t have to get in this failed Big 2, Little 8 venture, and they will find some coach who all the mind numbed Spamite fans will instantly say is a “super genius” and was stolen out of the grasp of every program they can name, despite the fact that no one every heard of him before.

It won’t help. Losing the Big 2 returns that league (which Luck, see above, paid millions to join) to some sort of intermediate status. Most years maybe a little better than the G5, but light years behind the True Majors. But USPAM just does not have the resources and fan base to compete at that level. They were a perfect fit for the AAC.
Wvu would fit perfectly in the AAC, they would run that conference and with the new playoff expansion coming up they would be a shoe in almost every year.

Wvu would fit perfectly in the AAC, they would run that conference and with the new playoff expansion coming up they would be a shoe in almost every year.
WVU has never ran any conference they've ever been in. Their stock rose when VT and Miami left. Even then they were sharing titles with Louisville and Cincy.

WVU has never ran any conference they've ever been in. Their stock rose when VT and Miami left. Even then they were sharing titles with Louisville and Cincy.
Au contraire, 33. They "ran" the Southern Conference briefly when all the "Quality" schools like North Carolina, UVA, Duke, etc., left to form the ACC back in the 50s and left the NEERS to compete against such "powerhouses" as Richmond, VMI, Citadel, Bill & Mary, etc., etc.!

Maybe I should have used blue font. It was said tongue in cheek. Could you imagine the hurt and meltdown they would endure to have to relegate themselves to the aac? It would be oh so beautiful!

Maybe I should have used blue font. It was said tongue in cheek. Could you imagine the hurt and meltdown they would endure to have to relegate themselves to the aac? It would be oh so beautiful!
It would be pleasing that's for sure.

Wvu would fit perfectly in the AAC
After UCF, Cincinnati, and Houston depart from the AAC and join the Big 12, and Oklahoma and Texas leave that conference, the Big 12 will be the 5th strongest conference and the Sun Belt will be the 6th strongest conference. After that happens, the AAC, MAC, and CUSA might as well just go back to 1-AA.

Lyons goes out very bitter, choosing WVU sycophant Hoppy Kercheval on Metronews, to air the Spamite dirty laundry.

It is currently up on Metronews, Nothing really new, “Dr” Gee is a lying sack of s***, which anybody who has followed either sports or WV politics for the last 40 years already knew.

USPAM hires North Texas’ AD. Some guy named Wren Baker. Mostly a mid-major background, which will dovetail very well for the mid-major Big 12 3.0.

There have been real problems in the Land of Spam for a long while. USPAM spent 30 years trying to, and mostly succeeding in, convince its non-alumni fan base that what went on in the various versions of the Big Least was somehow significant and the same as what went on in True Major college football; and sold itself in the vast private school market to its majority out-of-state students as a place with something like “big sports” at a WV taxpayer subsidized bargain and playing schools from home like Rutgers and Syracuse. Then it turned on a dime and joined the Big 2, Little 8, where it simply cannot compete. Now, with the Big leaving them high and dry in a conference whose only commonality is no one else wants them.

They will hire Ollie Luck, who has failed at every job he ever had. They will find some G5 coach who had a couple of good years.

It won’t help.

And since what is good for WVU is bad for WV and v-v, great
What do you mean they got left "high and dry"? You do know that they are still in the B12, right?

While not the new B10 $, the B12 still has a massive TV deal and an automatic ticket to the new playoff. There has been no indication that I have seen that WVU will be left behind.

Ultimately, I do think we will have 4 conferences with 16 teams each. But I would fully anticipate WVU will be included therein.

USPAM hires North Texas’ AD. Some guy named Wren Baker. Mostly a mid-major background, which will dovetail very well for the mid-major Big 12 3.0.
Just saw a picture of the new AD and he was wearing a green Tie that looked similar to Herd Green. I know North Texas is green but just thought it funny.

Problems in USPAM land? "Gee", who'd a thunk it?? What did those inbred EERdiots expect after they brought back that big windbag and total D-bag, Gordy Gee, for a SECOND go around as President of the U up in the Hole?!! What WERE they thinking??

Reactions: greengeezer
What do you mean they got left "high and dry"? You do know that they are still in the B12, right?
Try to keep up, OK?

The “Big” 12 2.0 was a cynical experiment. The Big 2, and the Little 8. Random Texas colleges and some yet more random field fillers. The idea was that the Big 2 would settle it among each other, 9 years out of 10. It didn’t work, mostly because the top talent want to test itself against the other top talent of its generation. You don’t get that playing teams from Stillwater, or Lawrence, or Morgantown, or Ames. You get that in the Greatest Conference In The HIstory Of The Universe, the SEC.

So the Big 2 regrew a pair each and joined the SEC. Leaving behind the Little 8 in the “Big” 12 3.0. The Little 8 and four random field fillers. Commuter colleges Cincinnati, Houston (the only G5 school ever to poach a P5 coach) and Central Florida, religious extremist college BYU. G5ers. A league with exactly two, very backwater, states where the Big 12er is even the most important program in the state (WV and Kansas). Nothing.

But you keep on listening to Hoppy and Crap-ridi. They will tell you, as they did for the whole Leastern Indepndents/Big Least/Leastleftovers era that what is going on at USPAM is somehow the same as what goes on in the true majors.

It isn’t. Your school, and BTW, why are you so fixated upon little ole Marshall as to care what we, your betters, think in the first place, has returned to mid-major competition, where it, IMHO, will do OK. It looks like it can get 8 or 9 mid-major Big 12 wins a year. After all, it is a mid-major league.

Keep up with what exactly? As I told you, there has been absolutely no indication that WVU is getting left behind? While the B12, along with the ACC and PAC12, all look up to the SEC and B10 in terms of football and football money, there has not been any serious talk that the SEC would want WVU, and there has been no talk at all about WVU getting "left behind" by the BIG 12.

I mean it is factually undisputed that the B12 is in that second tier of football conferences along with everyone other than the B10 and SEC.

In terms of hoops, the B12 is arguably already the strongest conference, even without the possible, if not likely, addition of Gonzaga.

If you can post any link discussing WVU getting left behind, I would be glad to review it. But as of now, you have been the only person I have heard making such a suggestion.

Keep up with what exactly? As I told you, there has been absolutely no indication that WVU is getting left behind? While the B12, along with the ACC and PAC12, all look up to the SEC and B10 in terms of football and football money, there has not been any serious talk that the SEC would want WVU, and there has been no talk at all about WVU getting "left behind" by the BIG 12.

I mean it is factually undisputed that the B12 is in that second tier of football conferences along with everyone other than the B10 and SEC.

In terms of hoops, the B12 is arguably already the strongest conference, even without the possible, if not likely, addition of Gonzaga.

If you can post any link discussing WVU getting left behind, I would be glad to review it. But as of now, you have been the only person I have heard making such a suggestion.
I realize you are USPAM fan, which means you never really went to college, so I will type slowly.

The Big 2, Texas and Oklahoma, moved up to the SEC. Leaving WVU, and the rest of the Little 8, behind in what is now a mid-major conference. Now, you can go back to your Spamite websites and tell one another that this isn’t true.

We know it is. With out Texas and Oklahoma, the “Big” 12 is just 12 random schools no major conference wanted.

You (same words as on your drivers license, no actual relationship) have been left behind.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedsGreen33
- But still less than the four major conferences will get when all the renewals are done.

- The reason the Big 12 1.0 blew up, and those that could escaped, was the retained tier 3 rights. The new TV deal no longer includes those, so its apples to oranges.

Don’t get me wrong, the Big 12 3.0 is going to be a solid mid-major conference. But that is all it is. It takes an especial level of stupid to believe that UCF @ Houston in 22 is “mid-major football” but the same teams, playing the next year is “major college football”.

- But still less than the four major conferences will get when all the renewals are done.

- The reason the Big 12 1.0 blew up, and those that could escaped, was the retained tier 3 rights. The new TV deal no longer includes those, so its apples to oranges.

Don’t get me wrong, the Big 12 3.0 is going to be a solid mid-major conference. But that is all it is. It takes an especial level of stupid to believe that UCF @ Houston in 22 is “mid-major football” but the same teams, playing the next year is “major college football”.
While losing Texas and OU to the SEC hurts them from a strength standpoint this new 12 team playoff expansion will still keep them relevant. At least to an extent. Under the current model I think they would fade to a glorified G5 level, but now they'll get opportunities.

That being said WVU is still a nonfactor. They didn't belong in the Big XII before the move and they still don't. Having UCF and UC in helps them slightly with having closer teams, but it's still not good fit.

While not the new B10 $, the B12 still has a massive TV deal and an automatic ticket to the new playoff. There has been no indication that I have seen that WVU will be left behind.

Ultimately, I do think we will have 4 conferences with 16 teams each. But I would fully anticipate WVU will be included therein.
B12 automatic spot in the CFP won't mean squat to WV. They would have to win the conference first of all, and they have not, are not now, and won't be in that conversation in the foreseeable future.

I realize you are USPAM fan, which means you never really went to college, so I will type slowly.

The Big 2, Texas and Oklahoma, moved up to the SEC. Leaving WVU, and the rest of the Little 8, behind in what is now a mid-major conference. Now, you can go back to your Spamite websites and tell one another that this isn’t true.

We know it is. With out Texas and Oklahoma, the “Big” 12 is just 12 random schools no major conference wanted.

You (same words as on your drivers license, no actual relationship) have been left behind.

I did not attend Marshall or WVU for my BA degree, but I did take undergrad summer classes at MU and have a graduate degree from WVU--- although I fail to see how any of that matters....

I think I understand your argument now- you think that the B12 is a step below the SEC in football (and thus everyone not in the SEC is "left behind"). Well, I would agree. Every conference is a step down, even the B10 with the West Coast additions is I guess "left behind."

Again, if your argument is that everyone outside of the SEC got left behind- I guess you are some what correct. I thought you were arguing that WVU in particular was about to be "left behind." Obviously, based upon your responses- you know that is not true.

B12 automatic spot in the CFP won't mean squat to WV. They would have to win the conference first of all, and they have not, are not now, and won't be in that conversation in the foreseeable future.
Frankly, I am not a WVU football fan (although I do support WVU basketball).

I would agree that right now, WVU football is not in a good position. Hopefully new leadership starting at the AD level will change that (again, while I am not an ardent WVU football fan, as a WV resident, I would prefer that WVU win the conference as opposed to Texas, Kansas State, Iowa State, etc--- schools that I have no connection to whatsoever).

Ultimately, WVU is never going to be an Alabama type school where year in and year out they get top classes and spend top dollars. However, in my lifetime WVU has twice (in 30-ish years) been atop the football landscape (with Major Harris and then again with White).

I think that is about as much as a school like WVU can ask for- get a legit shot to be top dog every couple decades, then sprinkle in occasional top-10 teams and/or huge upset wins to keep the fan base happy between very rare runs (i.e. Geno Smith/Austin team, Orange Bowl wins/Clemson blow-outs).

I would agree that WVU will always be a step-down from the top-top level programs in the SEC, and I would also agree that right now they need substantial changes in leadership and are not a serious threat to the B12's auto-bid to the playoff.

Having said that, I have not seen anything posted to show that WVU is going to be left behind. And realistically, they will never be left behind.

Here’s what left behind means - look at conference membership as it will be with the new realignment. Next, beside each team write the number of national championships they have since 1970 (modern era) plus the number of playoff appearances they have.

Total the number for all teams in the conference then divide it by the number of teams in the conference. Do this for each conference and then stack rank them. You will see what left behind means.

Going forward it will be the rare season that either the SEC or Big 10 don’t control at least 3 of the top 4 playoff spots. The ACC, B12 and P12 are now the equivalent of one-bid leagues in basketball. Your champ will be a 6-8 seed most years, not unlike the MAC basketball champ being a 13 seed with what amounts to a near impossible path to the final 4. You now have about the same odds as Buffalo of winning a national championship. That’s left behind.

Reactions: The Real SamC
As a casual sports fan and observer, WVU will always be in this tier. Well below the likes of Alabama and OSU, but well above the likes of Wake Forest, Washington State, Northwestern etc.

This should be, largely undisputed. There is no indication that WVU will ever make that top tier, but also no indication that WVU will drop down to the Washington State level.

And the argument that WVU is going to get left in a Group-5 conference is laughable.

Here’s what left behind means - look at conference membership as it will be with the new realignment. Next, beside each team write the number of national championships they have since 1970 (modern era) plus the number of playoff appearances they have.

Total the number for all teams in the conference then divide it by the number of teams in the conference. Do this for each conference and then stack rank them. You will see what left behind means.

Going forward it will be the rare season that either the SEC or Big 10 don’t control at least 3 of the top 4 playoff spots. The ACC, B12 and P12 are now the equivalent of one-bid leagues in basketball. Your champ will be a 6-8 seed most years, not unlike the MAC basketball champ being a 13 seed with what amounts to a near impossible path to the final 4. You now have about the same odds as Buffalo of winning a national championship. That’s left behind.
Gotcha- well again, you and Sam are right to a degree. As I stated, WVU, as well as most other mid-tier major schools (ie above Vanderbilt, below Bama), will maybe have one realistic shot at a football championship every 15-20 years.

However, comparing the ACC, B12, and Pac to the MAC is laughable at best.

Having said that, since apparently my undergraduate degree dictates who I can write about (atleast according to you and Sam), I guess I should state that my degree is from a MAC school. So I do take issue with that stray shot at Buffalo and the MAC in general.

MAC in basketball and B12 3.0 in football are a very good analogy for one another in the coming new system.

In the new system the B12 3.0 is light years behind not just the SEC, but the ACC, B10, and P12. Only, in most years, a small step ahead of the other mid-majors.

Which is to say, almost exactly what the Leastern Independents/Big Least/Leastleftovers, especially the last one, were. No one outside of these schools tiny fanbases takes them seriously. You cannot follow football on a national basis AND listen to the WVU lapdog media at the same time. A suspension of disbelief, or simple stupidity, is needed to buy into what WVU was selling from c-1980 to becoming one of the Little 8, and will be selling in just two years once again.

You belie yourself when you ACTUALLY BELIEVE that WVU was actually in contention either in the Minor Harris/Fat Donnie era or the White/Dick Rod era. WVU had solid mid-major teams that had good records against cupcake schedules. And then was humiliated by, especially in the Fat Donnie era, the first good team they played.

Enjoy WVU. Its fine. We all know too much about football, and basketball, to do so. The suspension of disbelief to believe that WVU is the equal of a true major team, in any of the four coming true major conferences, is too much. But why do you care so much about it as to worry about what MU fans think?

Reactions: 19MU88
As a casual sports fan and observer, WVU will always be in this tier. Well below the likes of Alabama and OSU, but well above the likes of Wake Forest, Washington State, Northwestern etc.

This should be, largely undisputed. There is no indication that WVU will ever make that top tier, but also no indication that WVU will drop down to the Washington State level.

And the argument that WVU is going to get left in a Group-5 conference is laughable.

F WVU. Plain and simple. That is all.....carry on.

• Sad
Reactions: putnam green
Well, today their top receiver declared for the NFL Draft (Sam James), A top D lineman (Alston) who has been with them since 2019, entered the transfer portal. Coach Brown is looking for some extra hands with fingers like the little Dutch Boy trying to plug all the leaks in his program!! But like 3419 says, "F em"!!

Meanwhile back in H-town, the HERD is going bowling!! ;);)

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT