ADVERTISEMENT

No bands on the field in CUSA

I don't know this officially but a friend told me that Marshalll had already decided to NOT have a band at all this football season. If someone knows for sure please post

I don't know this officially but a friend told me that Marshalll had already decided to NOT have a band at all this football season. If someone knows for sure please post
Posted on Marching Thunder Facebook page last week...

We are still planning to offer in-person options for all of our bands at this time. This includes the Marching Thunder and concert bands. The in-person option will be available to all students: freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
Look out for more information about our safe return to playing in the next week!

Reactions: Herdmeister
Say what you want about the Herd Band over the last decade or so but I have never known of a Herd Band Director during that period who Punted on the opponent's 35 yard line!! :D

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I enjoy our non-marching band... I find bands that appear to be having fun and trying to entertain the crowd to be low-brow... If we could dress the kids in tuxedos and evening gowns while they stood completely still and played semi-hits from the 1960's mixed with one barely recognizable Michael Jackson song and the theme from Star Wars – even better.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
Posted on Marching Thunder Facebook page last week...

We are still planning to offer in-person options for all of our bands at this time. This includes the Marching Thunder and concert bands. The in-person option will be available to all students: freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
Look out for more information about our safe return to playing in the next week!
Thank you!

No big loss.....
It is for the kids that work their butt off practicing for no scholarships like the athletes. Have you wat hed them come to Huntington in August before the start of school and practice for hours on hot astroturf? Or practice o. Hot afternoons after a hard day in class?
At least they still will play just not on the field. I for one appreciate the band and the kids that work so hard

ADVERTISEMENT