ADVERTISEMENT

No earthy use

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
I have this obsession to continually build things. This wouldn’t be so bad, but I build things I never use. I have built a greenhouse where I’ve never grown a plant, an outdoor kitchen where I have never cooked, a workshed where I seldom work, and one small building that has no purpose at all.

Now, I’m doing it again. I’m putting the finishing touches on a sauna. Came in a kit form where you assembled it yourself. Worked on the foundation and deck changes in the early summer, and yesterday morning, two very pleasant Hispanic fellows delivered the cartons. Hardly spoke a word of English, but both smiled when I gave them a cash tip.

Already have the unit assembled and in place. I’ll have to go to Lowe’s in a bit to get some anchor bolts and some screws to finish up the trim. Looks great, but I know it is another project I’ll never use. Maybe a lap pool, a hot tub, or a putting green for my next extravaganza.

I'm building a decent beer buzz this morning, despite edging the landscaping with a pick axe. Tedious work, and likely won't be able to get wood later, but looks wonderful. Wish rifle would teach me how to post pictures. I've asked now since 2009.

I'm building a decent beer buzz this morning, despite edging the landscaping with a pick axe. Tedious work, and likely won't be able to get wood later, but looks wonderful. Wish rifle would teach me how to post pictures. I've asked now since 2009.
You should post pictures. I’ve always wanted to see how your fire pits stack up to the various holes in the ground, brick and block constructions, old water heaters, metal dishes, and wire mesh grates my various neighbors have constructed.

I have this obsession to continually build things. This wouldn’t be so bad, but I build things I never use. I have built a greenhouse where I’ve never grown a plant, an outdoor kitchen where I have never cooked, a workshed where I seldom work, and one small building that has no purpose at all.

Now, I’m doing it again. I’m putting the finishing touches on a sauna. Came in a kit form where you assembled it yourself. Worked on the foundation and deck changes in the early summer, and yesterday morning, two very pleasant Hispanic fellows delivered the cartons. Hardly spoke a word of English, but both smiled when I gave them a cash tip.

Already have the unit assembled and in place. I’ll have to go to Lowe’s in a bit to get some anchor bolts and some screws to finish up the trim. Looks great, but I know it is another project I’ll never use. Maybe a lap pool, a hot tub, or a putting green for my next extravaganza.
What the hardest thing you have built?

I just got to say, you’re awesome.

You should be that guy that builds his own Main Street in his backyard like Disney or King’s Island (if you want a huge water feature).

I just got to say, you’re awesome.

You should be that guy that builds his own Main Street in his backyard like Disney or King’s Island (if you want a huge water feature).
My step mother called it “the village.” She told one of her friends, “He’d have some money if he wasn’t always building that damned village.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT