ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas tells ESPN where to go

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...orth-texas-mean-green-nickname-use/730380001/

North Texas, the "Mean Green", AFAIK the only other school to use our exact shade of Kelly Green, filed a copyright claim against ESPN and Michigan State for promoting MSU as the "mean green". Among other things MSU has a highligher fluorescent green set of basketball unis it is calling the "mean green".

I always wondered why we let South Florida call its marching band "the Herd of Thunder". Of course, South Florida isn't in south Florida and calls its women's teams the "Lady Bulls" so they don't know much about either geography or biology.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...orth-texas-mean-green-nickname-use/730380001/

North Texas, the "Mean Green", AFAIK the only other school to use our exact shade of Kelly Green, filed a copyright claim against ESPN and Michigan State for promoting MSU as the "mean green". Among other things MSU has a highligher fluorescent green set of basketball unis it is calling the "mean green".

I always wondered why we let South Florida call its marching band "the Herd of Thunder". Of course, South Florida isn't in south Florida and calls its women's teams the "Lady Bulls" so they don't know much about either geography or biology.
When is Marshall going to tell Colin Cowherd not to use "The Herd?"

Who cares? There's 300,000,000 people in the US, and millions of companies and other institutions. It's a free country. Besides, there's only so many words in a damn dictionary. Have to share, man.

Reactions: PullmanFinger
Who cares? Really. Well if you own a business and have a patent/trademark/copyright/etc., and some one other than you uses it - I'm reasonable certain that you would care. Sometimes you don't have to share man!

This is the dumbest thread of all time. I can't stand when our fans get their panties in a bunch about stupid meaningless crap. Waaaaaaaa someone uses the same color. Waaaaaaa someone is called The Herd. No one cares.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Nah Pullman you haven’t been on here long enough to say this is the dumbest thread ever. I’ll give you it’s probably up there but you would have to back through the archives and read others dumber than this. Besides it’s great to grind others gears!

Reactions: Herd Fever
Nah Pullman you haven’t been on here long enough to say this is the dumbest thread ever. I’ll give you it’s probably up there but you would have to back through the archives and read others dumber than this. Besides it’s great to grind others gears!

It's annoying because I have seen and heard things like this before- let's cry about things that don't matter so when something legitimate comes up, no one wants to hear us

Reactions: D Big Dawg
No disagreement from me Pullman. Just keep in mind this is a forum for the expression of opinions - good, bad, or otherwise hence plenty of room to agree or disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT