ADVERTISEMENT

Not exactly the Algonquin Round Table

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
One of my neighbors has accidentally started an evening summer tradition. A few weeks ago, he put out some lawn chairs in his front yard around 7:00 pm and invited anyone who walked by to sit and chat. The group so far has varied from a couple to a high of five.

Tonight, there were three adults, two kids, one flea bitten dog, and two cats. I brought ice cream cups and plastic spoons. One of the participants let me feed his baby daughter chocolate swirl ice cream. That was a new experience but not one I would enjoy on a regular basis.

Subjects varied from adobe building techniques to how much a bushel of potatoes weighs (around 56 lbs I was told). We also discussed fresco techniques, density of various materials when compared to water, best way to prune a fruit tree, luxury vinyl, why lime makes plaster stick better, and tomorrow’s weather forecast.

My neighbors may be poor, but they aren’t stupid.

One of my neighbors has accidentally started an evening summer tradition. A few weeks ago, he put out some lawn chairs in his front yard around 7:00 pm and invited anyone who walked by to sit and chat. The group so far has varied from a couple to a high of five.

Tonight, there were three adults, two kids, one flea bitten dog, and two cats. I brought ice cream cups and plastic spoons. One of the participants let me feed his baby daughter chocolate swirl ice cream. That was a new experience but not one I would enjoy on a regular basis.

Subjects varied from adobe building techniques to how much a bushel of potatoes weighs (around 56 lbs I was told). We also discussed fresco techniques, density of various materials when compared to water, best way to prune a fruit tree, luxury vinyl, why lime makes plaster stick better, and tomorrow’s weather forecast.

My neighbors may be poor, but they aren’t stupid.
Sounds like a good place to hang out and good neighbors. You are lucky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT