ADVERTISEMENT

NSD

HerdFan73

Platinum Buffalo
Jul 4, 2008
I know most of this is covered on the paid board, so I’m not asking for any specific info.

But Is there something I’m missing? Good lord, not even in the top 100?

Are we just a program that is all in on transfers now?

Last edited:
I know most of this is covered on the paid board, so I’m not asking for any specific info.

But Is there something I’m missing? Good lord, not even in the top 100?

Are we just a program that is all in on transfers now?
That’s basically every program now. Nil and the portal really screws high school kids unless they are top 300 type players

Rankings of College Football Recruiting on CBSsports.com has the HERD ranked at a "lofty"#122 as of today. About 10-12 slots lower most of the FCS schools' rankings begin. So it looks like this current crop of WTF recruits the Herd has rounded up didn't impress too many of the recruiting pundits/gurus, if at all!!

It's hard to get a feel for this class with so few HS recruits. Hopefully we got better today. Only time will tell...

I see we got a kid from England that played at Laney College which was featured in the 5 th season of Last Chance U.

• Chinazo "C.K." Obobi of London, UK
    • The three-star prospect is ranked as the No. 1 offensive lineman in Europe. He previously played for Laney College in Oakland, California.

What is your opinion on each recruit? Immediate impact or maybe a wait and see approach to each?
That would take me quite a bit of time to answer! :eek:

A guy flying under the radar a bit is Michal Green from UVA. Could be a day one starter.

From the high school ranks I love Ian Foster. He could play early. Same with Jaden Yates.

There are some projects, though. Mikailin Warren will have to re-shape his body before he will be able to play any amount of extended reps.

A guy flying under the radar a bit is Michal Green from UVA. Could be a day one starter.

From the high school ranks I love Ian Foster. He could play early. Same with Jaden Yates.

There are some projects, though. Mikailin Warren will have to re-shape his body before he will be able to play any amount of extended reps.
Everything I've heard about the Yates kid has been positive... Good size, high motor, smart/instinctive... If he is as ready as advertised I would think he'd have a shot at playing right away given how much we lose on defense.

Reactions: HerdsHerd
Hey there, first time poster but have been following this board for over a year now. In regards to the QB situation, didn't we bring in a guy from Morehead? Parachek I believe. I know he's coming from an FCS school but who knows, he may develope into a stud athlete.

Rankings of College Football Recruiting on CBSsports.com has the HERD ranked at a "lofty"#122 as of today. About 10-12 slots lower most of the FCS schools' rankings begin. So it looks like this current crop of WTF recruits the Herd has rounded up didn't impress too many of the recruiting pundits/gurus, if at all!!
Recruiting rankings are absolutely worthless right now. The ranking services use a point system and each recruit is worth so many points based on star rating and point value. The more recruits you sign the higher your class will rank. The problem is that Portal Transfer do not have point values and are not apart of the rankings so if you do like we did and signed 50/50 HS/Portal then only half our class is going to count toward our ranking.

We only signed 13 HS recruits which only provided us with 600 total points. ULL on the other hand signed 23 recruits and their point total is 1005.

The rankings are absolutely pointless now.

Reactions: ohio herd and rvntx
Recruiting rankings are absolutely worthless right now. The ranking services use a point system and each recruit is worth so many points based on star rating and point value. The more recruits you sign the higher your class will rank. The problem is that Portal Transfer do not have point values and are not apart of the rankings so if you do like we did and signed 50/50 HS/Portal then only half our class is going to count toward our ranking.

We only signed 13 HS recruits which only provided us with 600 total points. ULL on the other hand signed 23 recruits and their point total is 1005.

The rankings are absolutely pointless now.
I agree however we heard daily last year how awesome our class was and this year crickets

Reactions: HerdFan73

Do you feel bringing on projects is worth while right now?

Also, I’m sure there will be some more defections and additions. With what we know now, Would you be able to take a stab at how much of the roster we’ll turn over next year ?

I agree however we heard daily last year how awesome our class was and this year crickets
Seems like every year we heard how great Docs classes were. Half never got here and quite a few never saw their first game.

Do you feel bringing on projects is worth while right now?

Also, I’m sure there will be some more defections and additions. With what we know now, Would you be able to take a stab at how much of the roster we’ll turn over next year ?
A couple projects are fine, IMHO. If you're going to take one it might as well be a defensive lineman who weighs north of 350 pounds.

We will likely have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 new scholarship players by the time fall camp comes around. Maybe even 35. Rough math tells me that's ~40% of the scholarship table.

Reactions: RhinoD
Hey there, first time poster but have been following this board for over a year now. In regards to the QB situation, didn't we bring in a guy from Morehead? Parachek I believe. I know he's coming from an FCS school but who knows, he may develope into a stud athlete.
Parachek was the backup at Morehead last year, so I would say he's a "depth arm" at this point, but he's only a sophomore next year and the coaches obviously saw something in him they like... Fancher will have the inside track being the incumbent starter, but Huff and the coaches appear ready to hold a true quarterback competition thing spring/fall.

The question among the group is - Do we have a game-changer at the QB position?... Fancher/Harrison/Pennington/Parachek/etc will be fine managing the game and handing off to Ali/Turner/Payne 35 times against teams where we just flat have more talent. But that's not going to be enough to beat good teams, especially next year where we are unlikely to have a top 10 defense in the nation.

Who is the guy that can win a game by making plays through the passing game when the chips are down? Lead a big drive late against an equal or better opponent?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Parachek was the backup at Morehead last year, so I would say he's a "depth arm" at this point, but he's only a sophomore next year and the coaches obviously saw something in him they like... Fancher will have the inside track being the incumbent starter, but Huff and the coaches appear ready to hold a true quarterback competition thing spring/fall.

The question among the group is - Do we have a game-changer at the QB position?... Fancher/Harrison/Pennington/Parachek/etc will be fine managing the game and handing off to Ali/Turner/Payne 35 times against teams where we just flat have more talent. But that's not going to be enough to beat good teams, especially next year where we are unlikely to have a top 10 defense in the nation.

Who is the guy that can win a game by making plays through the passing game when the chips are down? Lead a big drive late against an equal or better opponent?
Not sure if we have that guy on roster. Sadly.
Trickett has his work cut out for him.

Reactions: RhinoD
ADVERTISEMENT