ADVERTISEMENT

Oh look, another study highlighting how stupid it was to close down schools because of COVID.

1) The school closures were to keep teachers from dying and kids from spreading it to people who would then die.
2) That article is really going to compare DC to Wyoming and say they’re similar because the populations are similar? You all get why it doesn’t work that way, right?

1) The school closures were to keep teachers from dying and kids from spreading it to people who would then die.
Study showing children were mass vectors of infection for anyone, particularly teachers? I'll wait.

2) That article is really going to compare DC to Wyoming and say they’re similar because the populations are similar? You all get why it doesn’t work that way, right?
You do realize the data was analyzed for the entire U.S., right? Not only that, the D.C./Wyoming contrast was brought up to show one of the districts with the most stringent measures (D.C.) - to include total school closures - had more kids die than the one with the least, i.e. Wyoming. But I don't get the feeling that you (1) read the entire article, or (2) are capable of understanding it.

A lot of it was done to influence elections, mainly at Trump. Two, some school systems and governments got drunk on power.

IT was completely f'ing stupid.

My take on this is that hindsight is 50/50 and if we knew everything we knew now different decisions could’ve been made. I don’t think we realize how lucky we got with omicron, which probably would’ve happened eventually but could’ve easily taken much longer.

I think the initial school closures were justified based on the limited information we had at the time.

I think that the length of the school closures was politically motivated in that nobody wanted to look like they were admitting they were wrong the first time around, so they kept it going till they had an “out.”

People who are wanting “Covid amnesty” at election time can suck my balls.

You people advocated for school closures, shut down people’s businesses which destroyed livelihoods, and forced people to die alone… all the while secretly ignoring your own rules. Screw each and every one of you. You don’t deserve to have power.

My take on this is that hindsight is 50/50 and if we knew everything we knew now different decisions could’ve been made. I don’t think we realize how lucky we got with omicron, which probably would’ve happened eventually but could’ve easily taken much longer.

I think the initial school closures were justified based on the limited information we had at the time.

I think that the length of the school closures was politically motivated in that nobody wanted to look like they were admitting they were wrong the first time around, so they kept it going till they had an “out.”

See my post above for my response. We were shouting from the rooftops that those in power were overstepping tremendously and would destroy people’s lives. You were OK with it. Rational people were not.

Hindsight is only 50-50 to those who know how wrong they were at the time and want people to forget. I personally will never let people forget what they did to this country..

Last edited:

Early covid shut downs or shutting down spring 2020 completely reasonable. Though our kids really struggled that spring with online school I think completely reasonable...so much was unknown then.

but by fall 2020 we had better numbers on infection fatality rate, etc....

by 2021 if you were still shut down it was ocmplete bull sh*t. We knew you could wear an N95, be vaccinated, etc.

We knew early one that kids weren’t dying/spreading Covid

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Kids do spread Covid.
Never said they didn’t spread it but they don’t to the degree that would cause issues. Never in the history of pandemics did we isolate the healthy to protect the ones most susceptible. We should have protected the most vulnerable and used general precautions after that initial two weeks to stop the spread

Never said they didn’t spread it but they don’t to the degree that would cause issues. Never in the history of pandemics did we isolate the healthy to protect the ones most susceptible. We should have protected the most vulnerable and used general precautions after that initial two weeks to stop the spread
It was an election year with Trump running. Dem leaders had their marching orders. At all costs do it

Reactions: mlblack16.
You are truly the dumbest person on this forum. You better pray greed recovers from his vaccine injury to give you some relief.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
Thank god for my kids private school. We were very lucky they were only forced remote for 2 months. The ONLY reason my kids were remote that long was our dumb Governor shut EVERYTHING down here.

The public school systems cried that our schools should be kept shut. Thank god our administrators did not cave to the mindless minions.

Thank god for my kids private school. We were very lucky they were only forced remote for 2 months. The ONLY reason my kids were remote that long was our dumb Governor shut EVERYTHING down here.

The public school systems cried that our schools should be kept shut. Thank god our administrators did not cave to the mindless minions.
Roy had his marching orders from the DNC. Damn he was just a miserable prick during Covid. I drove to SC every weekend just to escape NC and his bull shit.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT