ADVERTISEMENT

Ohtani

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Let's not talk about his pitching yet.

The guy just hit his 50th home run and stole his 50th base. When I was a kid, reaching the 30/30 club was an extremely rare and amazing feat. When Darryl Strawberry did it in 1987, only six other players had done it before that season in the history of baseball. Now, there are almost as many that have reached the 40/40 club. But today, Ohtani set a new feat by reaching 50 in home runs and stolen bases.

That, alone, is amazing.

But then when you factor into his pitching success (when he isn't hurt), it's something your grandchildren's generation may never even see again. To do what he is doing as a hitter and pitcher at the levels he is . . . sick.

The guy also plays the game right (I posted a video of him a couple of years ago picking up trash off the floor from his teammates in the dugout after the game before going to the clubhouse).

Francisco Lindor was getting a lot of talk about winning the MVP over Ohtani since Lindor is also a great fielder and Ohtani is only a DH this year, but Ohtani shut that down today: 6-6 with 3 HRs and 10 RBIs. Yes, I realize the third home run today was against a position player having to pitch, but still . . .

Oh, and the Mets won again today. And during the Mets game (Fox broadcast), they had a good 10 second mention of the Marshall game this weekend.

rifle, before I saw your stats, I always figured you were a pretty decent hitter. Of course, a $500 bat does no good for a $1 swing.
MichiganHerd said:
If the cheating isn't corrected and the rightfully elected man isn't allowed to continue working.

Then Trump in 2024 will be a landslide, and I got first dibs on a bet with greed over a perma-ban.

extragreen said:

We can do the perma ban bet right now....ya coward, punk, sot.

Just 3-4 more years of this and Ohtani will be recognized as the unquestioned best baseball player of all time. Injury is the only thing that can prevent that, at this point. The fact that he’s equally as good a pitcher is unheard of. It would be like Tom Brady averaging 10 tackles and an INT every game on top of his QB stats.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
rifle, before I saw your stats, I always figured you were a pretty decent hitter. Of course, a $500 bat does no good for a $1 swing.
Your repeated desperate attempt fails as often as your wife’s attempt at citizenship.

If you prorate my senior season stats to 500 at bats, like a starting MLB catcher gets, I would hit .280 with 16 HRs and 103 RBIs. Those, alone, are all star quality numbers for a catcher.

Considering my biggest strengths, by far, were calling a game (no other catcher that we played called their own game), receiving pitches, blocking balls in the dirt, and increasing the female attendance due to how I look in my baseball pants, just adds to my legendary production.

Your repeated desperate attempt fails as often as your wife’s attempt at citizenship.

If you prorate my senior season stats to 500 at bats, like a starting MLB catcher gets, I would hit .280 with 16 HRs and 103 RBIs. Those, alone, are all star quality numbers for a catcher.

Considering my biggest strengths, by far, were calling a game (no other catcher that we played called their own game), receiving pitches, blocking balls in the dirt, and increasing the female attendance due to how I look in my baseball pants, just adds to my legendary production.

If my aunt had a dick she would be my uncle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT