ADVERTISEMENT

On one and done

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
Great interview with Cal on one and done. First thing its a NBA rule. For you all who cry racism on everything, well I'm sure the naacp sides with the NBA. Denying a black man a chance at employment is a very serious act in America today. Now my news. All kentucky players are offered a scholarship for life. They play in the NBA 2 or 3 years and get cut they can go back to school. If they went by graduates per team to decide who played in the ncaa championship it would be Kentucky vs Bucknell. Now if you want to see the interview it was on ESPN. Duke now is the king of one and Dones. They will have 3 leave early. Kentucky might have one. Wait until you see the player duke gets for one year next year. He has been seen a lot with LeBron and his agent. That was in sports Illustrated. Cal is now be copied by every coach who can land a one and done. I expect a rule change. Cal is for 2 or 3. Years before you can go.

Last edited:
Some programs choose not to sign 1 & done players. Those teams end up being pretty good, once kids are willing to learn and stick with the program for 3-4 years. Lots of examples if you look at the current teams that make up the sweet 16.

To give more time/better competition to evaluate young talent. When the NBA could sign kids out of high school they had some huge busts.
True but there will always be busts and hidden gems. The NBA needs to go to the Major League Baseball rule You can come out after high school but you have to have three years before re entering draft

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
True but there will always be busts and hidden gems. The NBA needs to go to the Major League Baseball rule You can come out after high school but you have to have three years before re entering draft

I'd go with 2 years instead of 3, but I agree.

ADVERTISEMENT