ADVERTISEMENT

On to San Diego... short drive for me!

Dec 2, 2017
Looks like we are playing in the morning session! I am planning on bringing my son to the game and want to make sure I'm getting tickets to the right block of games. San Diego is an AMAZING town for any of you that are considering coming out to SoCal... stay in the Gas Lamp District and my hotel recommendation is the Hard Rock (usually priced reasonably and prime location)... way better than Hotel Circle. Great restaurants, heart of downtown, right on the bay.

If you stay at Hard Rock, walk across the street and take the cheap ferry to Coronado Island. Rent a bike and cruise the island for a couple of hours. Be sure to check out Hotel del Coronado, a historic hotel on the water that has been visited by numerous presidents and has been featured in many movies, including being the main location for a Marilyn Monroe flick.

If you'd rather skip the noise and party atmosphere usually surrounding a Hard Rock property, check out The U.S. Grant. It's a five-star hotel that you can frequenbtly get for less than $200/night. It is within walking distance of numerous top rated restaurants and is right on the start of the Gas Lamp District. I usually dislike historic hotels, but this one was recently renovated and was pleasant. I stayed there for one night a few weeks ago , then booked it again for a night the following week.

https://travel.usnews.com/Hotels/re..._Collection_Hotel-San_Diego-California-37181/

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
Looks like we are playing in the morning session! I am planning on bringing my son to the game and want to make sure I'm getting tickets to the right block of games. San Diego is an AMAZING town for any of you that are considering coming out to SoCal... stay in the Gas Lamp District and my hotel recommendation is the Hard Rock (usually priced reasonably and prime location)... way better than Hotel Circle. Great restaurants, heart of downtown, right on the bay.

Marshall and WVU fans and Alums are going to have a Kegs and Eggs this before the games......I will forward the information once it is settled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT