ADVERTISEMENT

perfecting the BIG LIE

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
I’m sure all this makes the Trump staff and surrogates laugh uproariously as they admire their handiwork in bamboozling the angry mob. But they and the network of right-wing enablers have done real damage to our society and politics, making differences impossible to bridge and reasoned debate nearly impossible.

A large segment of Republican voters should try turning off Fox News and allowing reality to permeate the shell they’ve constructed to keep out ideas that interfere with their prejudices and abject ignorance. Unfair? Take a look at the latest poll to suggest that Trump voters like their cult hero feel compelled to label inconvenient facts “fake news.”

“A plurality of Republicans say President Donald Trump received more of the popular vote in 2016 than his Democratic rival, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. According to a new Morning Consult/POLITICO poll, 47 percent of Republican voters said Trump outpaced Clinton — despite her nearly 2.9 million-vote advantage after all the states certified their election results.” Perhaps they believe President Trump’s fallacious assertion that 3 million to 5 million illegal voters put Clinton over the top in the popular vote. Maybe they never grasped that Trump lost the popular vote. But this is embarrassing, shocking even.

Allan Lichtman, a professor of history at American, said in an email Tuesday that Trump has “perfected the technique of the Big Lie” — which, as he wrote in an op-ed last fall, is to “repeat a lie loudly, over and over until people come to believe it.”

“These results show that again that like ‘Birtherism,’ which launched Trump’s political career, the Big Lie continues to work, at least among those who want to believe it,” noted Lichtman, a professor who won professional acclaim last year after correctly predicting Trump’s victory.

Democracy presupposes a minimally informed, responsible adult electorate. Right now it is clear the GOP is dominated by fact-deniers and willfully ignorant folk.... But here’s the thing: The rest of the country should empathize with their economic plight and sense of alienation, but that does not mean we should coddle them in their ignorance nor defer to judgments based on fabrication. They feel “disrespected” when fellow Americans point to reality? Trumpkins think elites are condescending when they call them “low information” voters? (It should be non-information voters.) Sorry, economic hardship does not bestow moral authority to lie, invent facts, smear opponents, blame foreigners or support lawlessness. And for elected Republicans to defer to the ignorant, beguiled voters is anabdication of their role and oaths.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) bellowed at his colleagues to “stop listening to the bombastic loudmouths on the radio and television and the Internet.” Here’s a better idea: Stop deferring to a horde of know-nothings.

And here’s where the executives at Fox News, the “serious” conservative media, elected GOP officials and even self-identified conservative pundits need to be held to account. They know much of the rubric of the Trump cult is absolutely false, yet they repeat, propagate or just tolerate it.
It’s a game... or run a successful money-making operation where gullible donors can be fleeced with an appeal to stop perceived enemies (i.e., those who won’t drink the Kool-Aid).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...rid_collaborative_1_na&utm_term=.c84ddd8006de

v0065_s-200x150.gif

Trump lies so to beat the liar you pick a liar to run against him. Look in the mirror. Dems too lazy to vote? Any vote for hillary here in ky got crushed by trump supporters. Popular vote for trump in ky was a landslide. I couldnt vote for either liar. Hillary was the only person who could have lost to trump. Had to get that first woman in the white house didnt you. No woman as president would be fine with me. They are a weaker vessel except for my moma.

Last edited:
I dont know. Sometimes they appear stronger. Go google two words from the bible "weaker and vessel. Not my words.Come back and tell me where you found it. The bible is the greatest book in the world. You can read read and read and learn something every time. I read it from cover to cover 5 straight years. Then got lazy. Read through it 2 more times. Im not bragging because at 57 thats far far from how many times I could have read it. Im a work in progress. Like the old song " where else could I go but unto the Lord" is perfect for me. We better be praying for Trump.Pence would be far better because he is a student of history and understands how the goverment works. Trump wont last 2 yrs. He will start a war. I can see how trump didnt have a clue how hard the presidents job is. He is making Obama look good.

I know where the words come from. How are women the weaker vessel? What did the scripture mean by women being a weaker vessel?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT