ADVERTISEMENT

PHR - So, Big XII is playing 9 conf & 1 noncon games....who are the likely suspects for WVU?

EERS will opt for the "sure win" over a FCS foe cause in year 2 Brown needs more "Ws" than "Ls"!

Is OVC playing football this season? I hadn’t heard ....

Thats going to be a big part of this. It was posted earlier that if certain FCS conferences cancelled, it could force wvu to look to MU.

The ACC is mandating its schools to schedule OOC opponents within the state said P5 school is in, to minimize COVID risk.

Now, the other P5's haven't done that, but if they do, wvu wouldn't have much of a choice since MU is all they'd have to choose from.

Last edited:
Speaking of WVU, Kerry Martin has announced he will be sitting out this season.

Looks like Boise will be a no go. With the MWC rule of 2 OOC games they have to drop either a home game or us.....

MU and WVU will NEVER play in any sport that matters, ever again. WVU will fill its schedule with some I-AA for an easy win. EKU if they play, someone else if they panic out.

MOVE ON.

MU and WVU will NEVER play in any sport that matters, ever again. WVU will fill its schedule with some I-AA for an easy win. EKU if they play, someone else if they panic out.

MOVE ON.
Disagree (gasp!) w/you old one. The words “Never” & “Always”....two of the most powerful words in the English language. You use both of them waaaay too often. Who else can wvu get on short notice if EKU is told to take their ball & stay home? Can’t be another P5, so - who will it be Swami?

btw - define which “any” sports are “the ones that matter?

“Based on decisions by other leagues, the Big 12 does not currently have any nonconference games scheduled against Power Five opponents.”

Last edited:

MOVE ON.

I hate seeing the phrase "sports that matter"
That is very subjective. To the athletes that play the Olympic sports as an example those sports certainly matter. To their family and friends they matter and to many Herd fans that cheer for all things Marshall they matter.
What matters to you may not matter to me and vice versa.

That is very subjective. To the athletes that play the Olympic sports as an example those sports certainly matter. To their family and friends they matter and to many Herd fans that cheer for all things Marshall they matter.

Agree. Hey, if the jersey says Marshall on the front, I'm all in.

Sadly, in the eyes of the NCAA...Sam's right.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Real reason WVU and the HERD don't play anymore in basketball is the arrogant Fat Boy Huggs. But his Lard A$$ won't live forever and, like Fred G. Sanford, he'll have the "big one" eventually!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Sports that matter: Sorry but if all sports mattered the same, then the football and basketball arenas at the DI level would not be 100s of times the size of other venues. Will MU and WVU be in the same track meet or maybe in a golf tournament or some such? Maybe. And none of you superfans will even notice on these pages, let alone attend.

Never and always. As I explained in another thread on this subject, not only does WVU not wish to play MU for its own political purposes; the financial status of WVU has changed such that playing MU does not yield the $$ relative to playing any random G5 or I-AA.

Thuggie and basketball. No. MU and WVU playing basket ball had to do with two teams that were at or near the same level. WVU spent several decades demanding better and improving itself. MU stood pat. Today WVU, while not what its hilljack fan base thinks it is, is a solid steady national program, just below the blue bloods. MU is in a one-bid conference it won, once, from 4th place. The motto is "hey, one time we got hot in the conference tournament and it might happen again someday, who knows". And the fanbase, such as it is, is fine with that. We are simply no longer competitive with WVU on a year end year out basis with WVU in basketball. Pick a year, any year, since the series ended that MU would have had a shot. Feel free to continue to do so each year for as long in the future as you wish. We simply are no longer competitive. At one time, although at a lower level, the series was like UK-UL. Today it is UK-EKU.

We are simply no longer competitive with WVU on a year end year out basis with WVU in basketball. Pick a year, any year, since the series ended that MU would have had a shot.

WVU had some shitty basketball the 2018-19 season (15-21). Although they did manage to beat Kansas that year. Marshall was pretty decent that season (23-14). Not saying we definitely would have beat them but you said name a year where we would have had a shot.

WVU never played their best in that game anyway. Their players are all from out of State and never got fired up for it and had to take a shitty 3 hour bus ride down to Charleston beforehand. The only reason we don't play is Huggins knows this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT