ADVERTISEMENT

Pick A Score Thread vs Stoney Brook

Stony Brook went 0-10 in FCS play last year... And in 8 of those games they got destroyed. Their closest games were a one-point loss to Richmond and a 18 point loss to Albany.

The Seawolves are picked to finish dead last in the Colonial Athletic Association (even behind Bryant College, which is moving up to FCS this year).

If this game isn't men against boys, we are in trouble. Stony Brook may be the worst team to ever play in the Joan.

Marshall -- 38
Stony Brook -- 10

Reactions: The Real SamC
42-10 Herd

What is a satisfactory score is my question? How much does MU have to win by to alleviate (somewhat) the pessimism?

42-10 Herd

What is a satisfactory score is my question? How much does MU have to win by to alleviate (somewhat) the pessimism?
Well the spread is -30.5 so I’d say at least cover. Also, that spread is more than we scored in more than half of our games alone last year😂I think we need to beat the brakes off of them to show how our offense is gonna play

If Huff and Doege use this game as a tune up and actually call an aggressive game.
Herd 55+
SB 3

If we go vanilla to protect the playbook from tOSU
Herd 34
SB 10

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
He might as well open the playbook cause TOSU is going to give us a beatdown
That's what I am saying. Get the guys into a rhythm going into Columbus instead of treating this game like spring game.

Also the staff should put on a show for the fans that come out to watch these games versus FCS opponents.

Reactions: ohio herd
That's what I am saying. Get the guys into a rhythm going into Columbus instead of treating this game like spring game.

Also the staff should put on a show for the fans that come out to watch these games versus FCS opponents.

So you're saying people should pay attention to the game instead of like, everywhere else?

After weeks (really months) of drought, Huntington is forecast to receive a fair amount of rain around game time...figures.
21-10 Herd in a game that turns into ground and pound by necessity, if the game isn't called early on account of lightning.

• Wow
Reactions: ThunderCat98
After weeks (really months) of drought, Huntington is forecast to receive a fair amount of rain around game time...figures.
21-10 Herd in a game that turns into ground and pound by necessity, if the game isn't called early on account of lightning.

It's been forever since I have seen a game called due to lightning.

How does that work?

I really hope weather is not a factor in this game. The last time we faced an FCS team in the rain, Huff admitted in his post game he decided not to throw the ball. I really wish we were playing another G5 so we could really see what we have.

I really hope weather is not a factor in this game. The last time we faced an FCS team in the rain, Huff admitted in his post game he decided not to throw the ball. I really wish we were playing another G5 so we could really see what we have.
I dont know that it matters, we have had some pretty terrible/generic game plans against other G5s too... UMass, Bowling Green, etc.

I doubt we learn much of anything based on tomorrow. The talent gap should be enough for us to win handily... Same can be said the next two weeks (but in the wrong direction)... Maybe we will get an idea against Western Michigan.

I dont know that it matters, we have had some pretty terrible/generic game plans against other G5s too... UMass, Bowling Green, etc.
Oh we definitely have. I just think if we had a more legitimate opponent the staff would come with more than they will against one of the worst FCS programs.

I doubt we learn much of anything based on tomorrow. The talent gap should be enough for us to win handily... Same can be said the next two weeks (but in the wrong direction)... Maybe we will get an idea against Western Michigan.
Agreed. Unless the run game can't get multiple 20+ yard runs during this game. If our talent isn't enough to blow this team out then we are in trouble.

It's been forever since I have seen a game called due to lightning.

How does that work?
There's lightning around. Refs blow the whistle teams go to locker room. That starts the 30 minute timer. With each subsequent lightning strike the 30 min timer starts over. Refs along with school officials will watch weather then come to mutual decision about calling the game.

Damn came close to the actual score 45-3 with my 48-6 but no gold star. We have 3 serviceable QB’s.

Speaking of possible "beatdowns", anyone know, or has it ever been publicly announced, the exact financial guarantee, i.e., $$$$$$$, MU is slated to get for this year's trip to the "Big Horseshoe"?? Since I am pretty darn sure that this game is NOT a part of any Home and Home deal!!!!

Speaking of possible "beatdowns", anyone know, or has it ever been publicly announced, the exact financial guarantee, i.e., $$$$$$$, MU is slated to get for this year's trip to the "Big Horseshoe"?? Since I am pretty darn sure that this game is NOT a part of any Home and Home de

It was reported in another thread that we're receiving $1.6 million.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT