ADVERTISEMENT

Potiential new OC

I like legg.... why would we find a new OC... give him a chance.. he can't help his team is awful... let him get new people because this group can not learn his offense... blah blah blah

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I wouldn't be surprised that if a change is made, it will be Ron Turner. I have been hearing his name since before the WKU game. He has had some offenses as OC of the Bears and USC. Not so much as a HC at FIU and with one exceptional at Illinois.

We aren't interviewing, the position is not vacant, and we could hire Bill Walsh and its not going to improve our biggest issue: personnel.

Reactions: cottrell75
We aren't interviewing, the position is not vacant, and we could hire Bill Walsh and its not going to improve our biggest issue: personnel.

But wait, some say we have gobs of talent and it's a coaching problem. Then you say its not coaching but a player/talent issue? I'd say a little bit of both. Ultimately isn't that on the HC, the leader of the program? I forgot, it's Marshall, it's the fans fault.

Reactions: cottrell75
I truly think regardless of the players if you use bill leggs play calling we're doomed..... tell me the last time you seen a play that you said wow that was a awesome play and one heck of a play call... no risk no reward... the guy don't have it sorry.... I can take a new group of players every year find my strengths and design a playbook to use... u think a team like Boise runs only 8 different plays a game .......... 1.handoff right, 2.handoff left, 3.screen pass three yards behind the line, 4.throw a pass 30yards to your wide out running 6ins from the sideline, 5.tightend curl, 6.out routes 5 yards and out, 7.QB scramble for loss, and 8.punt........ that's it... no reverse, no flee flicker, no muddle huddle, no Statue of Liberty, no under center, no trying with 1:00 to go in half with three time outs, nothing the guy sucks!!!!!!!! Fire him now!!! :)

Reactions: Herd Fever
I forgot, it's Marshall, it's the fans fault.
No, but the fans need to realize that if a move isn't being made, you may as well put down the pitchforks and torches. If you don't like it, watch something else. There isn't another Marshall football game for nine months. Go make a baby or something.

Reactions: FiTreDawG
No, but the fans need to realize that if a move isn't being made, you may as well put down the pitchforks and torches. If you don't like it, watch something else. There isn't another Marshall football game for nine months. Go make a baby or something.

I'm done making babies, but at 54, trying is still fun. LOL!

I still can't believe we haven't made any changes. It really blows my mind after the disaster that was this season. I honestly believe no other program in the country would have put up with that.

I think more programs than you think would put up with that. Especially given the recent success of the program. We had an awful year. It happens. If it happens next year, then most programs would make the change. I'm not sure that many are cleaning house after one bad season on the heels of winning 30+ games in 3 years.

Depends, schools like ND etc would, but we aren't them. Kinda funny if you really sit and think on it, and this isn't advocating keeping Legg, BUT from 2012-2015 we did pretty well on offense, not flawless, but well. After 2014 when Legg was interviewing for head positions, many were up in arms about it here, and the same goes for Pitt making overtures to Doc (supposedly). I am not saying anyone is owed anything, people are held accountable, but it may not be wise to make massive changes right now. I do think Mirabol or how ever you spell it, is underperforming, the oline has regressed every year under him. If there was just one change I could make, it would be that one. Add a QB coach into the mix as well. Food for thought.

People forget, We had Cato and the crew. Plus the film of our offense still wasnt figured out.

Now we are running the same offense from 2012 with no variations and no imagination in our play calling. Our offense now is not hard at all to gameplan against.

I think more programs than you think would put up with that. Especially given the recent success of the program. We had an awful year. It happens. If it happens next year, then most programs would make the change. I'm not sure that many are cleaning house after one bad season on the heels of winning 30+ games in 3 years.

Exactly.

I mean, we just had three 10-win seasons against the nation's worst teams in college football. Other schools only dream of that sort of success.

Maybe one day we will return to such a dominant level.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
The issue is, if personnel remain the same and the scheme remains the same and we end up 3-9, 4-8 then yes, Doc and staff deserve to be fired.

All the fans want to see is some variety and new plays for the offense and some new players starting in a few spots. We want to see visual change and a visual effort to get better.
Talk is cheap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT