ADVERTISEMENT

HERDNATION.COM Practice Report: 8/9/18 (free content)

Having Thomson coming out with wraps on his shoulder and getting shut down again with shoulder problem isn't good. May want to start putting our hopes in Isiah.

Reactions: 19MU88
Worries me he's been shut down already this much. Doc should be putting him through the paces to see how good that shoulder is. The last thing we need is Thomson's shoulder to come apart two games into the season and we're forced to throw out Green with no experience against USCjr and NCST.

If his shoulder is that far from 100% then start Green so he can two games under his belt.

We can't have NCST come and be screwed like we were at QB against LVille.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Worries me he's been shut down already this much. Doc should be putting him through the paces to see how good that shoulder is. The last thing we need is Thomson's shoulder to come apart two games into the season and we're forced to throw out Green with no experience against USCjr and NCST.

If his shoulder is that far from 100% then start Green so he can two games under his belt.

We can't have NCST come and be screwed like we were at QB against LVille.

You know Doc is primarily concerned about Conference games. His focus will be to win enough games to get bowl eligible. I mean, I get it, but fans are chomping at the bit to see us give our all against bigger names. Otherwise, why the hell even bother scheduling them?

I tried to warn you all that his shoulder was more serious than we were lead on to believe. A year to recover from an AC sprain is a huge deal. Time to move on

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Why does Doc not get that QB is the most important position on the team? Why bring in a kid that can't even practice? Same old same old. it wouldn't surprise me if we are out of the Access Bowl consideration on Sept. 1. What a piss poor way to manage a football team. With all that said I hope I'm wrong about the situation and Thomson will be able to play. If so I'll take back everything I've said about Doc. Unless Thomson only lasts for one or two games.

I tried to warn you all that his shoulder was more serious than we were lead on to believe. A year to recover from an AC sprain is a huge deal. Time to move on
Well, it may very well be an issue. I am hearing good things about Green and Morrell, so I am not too worried about the QB situation. IMO this season is more about being smart with adjusting to what the defense is showing at the LOS, not making stupid throws and not botching handoffs. We have enough coming back on that side of the ball to be successful. Just need a reliable trigger man! Go Herd.

Why does Doc not get that QB is the most important position on the team? Why bring in a kid that can't even practice? Same old same old. it wouldn't surprise me if we are out of the Access Bowl consideration on Sept. 1. What a piss poor way to manage a football team. With all that said I hope I'm wrong about the situation and Thomson will be able to play. If so I'll take back everything I've said about Doc. Unless Thomson only lasts for one or two games.
but, if the Coaching staff is not confident in the young man, why even go there? Like prev poster said, start one or the other between Green & Morrell on 09/01/18. Perhaps Thomson heals enough during the season to come in in certain down & distance situations. We are stacked with talent on that side of the ball. KISS & don't FUBAR it!!!

Thansk Dick, and bord owners. Appreciate the updates and insights. Would be great to see AT focus on healing this year and seeing if he is good enough to win a D1 job when he is actually 100% healthy. Why take the chance in ruining what everyone seems to feel could be a lucrative NFL career down the road by rushing to play D1 ball.

You know Doc is primarily concerned about Conference games. His focus will be to win enough games to get bowl eligible. I mean, I get it, but fans are chomping at the bit to see us give our all against bigger names. Otherwise, why the hell even bother scheduling them?

I know right. The big games are supposed to be where you throw all you got and swing for the fences. Instead Doc always seems to reign it in for those games.

Even if Thomson's shoulder can bounce back by say the 3rd or 4th game, the coaches have to pick between Green and Morrell now and get them ready as the number 1.

Seriously if we have to wait that long on Thomson then there's no point. He is not the future. He was always a 1 yr and maybe 2 yr starter.

He came here to grow his draft stock and nothing more. IF we came in and led us to a 10+ season with a title and possible ranking he was leaving for the draft.

I have never been overly sold with him from the start. Nothing against him, but Green or Morrell is our future so why prolong the inevitable. They have to get their lumps at some point.

If Green takes them now he has three years left to play. Playing Thomson chips away at valuable years of development for Green.

Green has the stronger arm and has superior athleticism.

ADVERTISEMENT