ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers needed....

Thanks for passing that along. Sid is a long time friend, I’m sure many posters know him.

Shame. Did is a good man and great Herd supporter. I eat at Ritzis weekly and Sid always speaks (when he is there). Wish him well and hope they find the individual who did that.

I talked with one of Sid’s fellow parishioners and he said any talk of improvement yesterday was a little premature. It’s still very touch and go as of this morning. Hopefully Dick Ash or someone else can provide an update.

Sid is still in intensive care at St. Mary’s Medical Center. He is in a medically induced coma to help reduce pressure and swelling of his brain. I understand he was beaten badly. Close friend of Sid told me it will be a couple of days before they can tell the extent of his head trauma.
Glad the guy turned himself in. Hope he gets his in prison.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Sid is still in intensive care at St. Mary’s Medical Center. He is in a medically induced coma to help reduce pressure and swelling of his brain. I understand he was beaten badly. Close friend of Sid told me it will be a couple of days before they can tell the extent of his head trauma.
Glad the guy turned himself in. Hope he gets his in prison.

Thanks for the update.

Sid and I are buddies from our college days together at Marshall. Lots of great times with him. Most of the involved going to Herd games and the festivities at the Hole, Varsity, others. Just a great guy and I am certainly praying for Sid and the Torlone family.

Ritzy's has been swamped with business in support of Sid. Great to see from the community. They should fry the asshole that did this.

Reactions: 31Herd55
Agree 100%... But as soon as the big A-hole is caught the Social Justice Warriors, sleeve-ball lawyers, and liberal judges will all join forces to minimize his punishment.
He turned himself in earlier this week

Does anyone know an update on Sid Torlone? Saw where Jim's is donating a portion of their strawberry pie sales to the family....classy move.

From yesterday's HD.....

During the course of five days, Jim's patrons ate 10,668 slices of pie from 1,778 pies, which amounted to $5,924 in donations raised for Torlone. Someone donated money after Strawberry Pie Week to bring the total to an even $6,000.

I heard from close family friend that he opens his eyes briefly to sound but is otherwise not responding to touch. He has a feeding tube but has lost weight. I was told that the family will be taking him to a facility in Atlanta that specializes in neurological problems. Have not had the opportunity to speak with his son Tyler or his wife Robin because of the time Sid spent in intensive care. I believe he is now in a step down unit at St. Mary’s.

I heard from close family friend that he opens his eyes briefly to sound but is otherwise not responding to touch. He has a feeding tube but has lost weight. I was told that the family will be taking him to a facility in Atlanta that specializes in neurological problems. Have not had the opportunity to speak with his son Tyler or his wife Robin because of the time Sid spent in intensive care. I believe he is now in a step down unit at St. Mary’s.
Basically what I heard as well

Does anyone know for sure the Atlanta facility where Sid is being taken? I would guess the Shepard Center, but would like confirmation. If allowed visitors, I would certainly like to go see him and his family.

ADVERTISEMENT